Rutus is great

Topics related to RUTUS metal detectors here, Off topic posts will be removed.
chesters4

Rutus is great

Post by chesters4 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:12 pm

My backlight failed on my second-hand Alter71 ,i got in touch with Rutus and surprisingly they sent a picture of the pins that go dry and need resoldering ( never had this from the big boys they tend to want to flog you a new machine once out of warranty!) Unfortunately this didn't work so i asked if i could buy a new PCB .
They said send it over and they will take a look which i did ,today my machine arrived from its holiday in Poland fully repaired and now software V2.
This goes far beyond any other manufacturer in the main (Cscope is the only other i have found happy to fix old machines) i have owned since 1978 and there's been a lot.
All this for the cost of postage to Poland and a couple of weeks wait.
Long live Rutus i cannot thank them enough ::g

mrix
Founder

Re: Rutus is great

Post by mrix » Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:24 pm

Nice to read they have a good after sales support service which is always very important ::g
Thanks
mrix

JBM

Post by JBM » Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:46 pm

Good machine from a famed main agent. ::g

Happy Hunting,

Jerry.

tcawood

Post by tcawood » Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:56 pm

Great machine, great service and really nice people.
Rutus Alter 71, Equinox 600, Makro Pinpointer, Spartan Spade
YouTube - tcDetects

beep-and-dig

Post by beep-and-dig » Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:23 pm

Do we have a dealer in the U K who can upgrade my Alter 71 to Ver 2.00.?

FULLTIMER

Post by FULLTIMER » Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:00 pm

CERTAINLY DO, had mine done a few weeks back, just costs £15 to cover handling and postage etc

Detecnicks Ltd
3 Orchard Crescent
Arundel Road
Fontwell
West Sussex
BN18 0SD
Tel: + 44 (0)1243 545060
Email: [email protected]
Web: www.detecnicks.co.uk
MINELAB SAFARI & RUTUS ALTER 71 teamed up with DETEKNIX WIRELESS HEADPHONES

beep-and-dig

Post by beep-and-dig » Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:05 pm

Thanks for that F T ::g .

FULLTIMER

Post by FULLTIMER » Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:31 am

you're welcome ,the team there are very good seem to have a very quick turnaround as well so I doubt you'll be without the Rutus for more than a couple of day's.
MINELAB SAFARI & RUTUS ALTER 71 teamed up with DETEKNIX WIRELESS HEADPHONES

DelphiOne

Post by DelphiOne » Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:57 pm

chesters4 wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:12 pm
My backlight failed on my second-hand Alter71 ,i got in touch with Rutus and surprisingly they sent a picture of the pins that go dry and need resoldering ( never had this from the big boys they tend to want to flog you a new machine once out of warranty!) Unfortunately this didn't work so i asked if i could buy a new PCB .
They said send it over and they will take a look which i did ,today my machine arrived from its holiday in Poland fully repaired and now software V2.
This goes far beyond any other manufacturer in the main (Cscope is the only other i have found happy to fix old machines) i have owned since 1978 and there's been a lot.
Chesters4 i know you said your back light failed, but did you notice any artefacts eg black vertical lines on the screen when you powered the machine off?.
The reason i ask is my rutus is brand new and it has what i have just explained, hope mine isn't faulty already.

chesters4

Post by chesters4 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:54 pm

I get a couple horizontal ones switching off now momentarily but i cannot remember if there were any previously
I didnt need the backlight when i bought it so it was set to 0 but i noticed it came on automatically (watching youtube) came on when programming it .Mine didn't so I turned it one but it didn't work.
I wasn't really bothered until my son wanted to go after work he was fine but even before it got dark i couldn't see the screen so decided it needed repairing.

Rucky75

Post by Rucky75 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 3:13 pm

DelphiOne wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:57 pm
chesters4 wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:12 pm
Chesters4 i know you said your back light failed, but did you notice any artefacts eg black vertical lines on the screen when you powered the machine off?.
The reason i ask is my rutus is brand new and it has what i have just explained, hope mine isn't faulty already.
Hi Chesters4, i'll take a look at mine tonight, but im sure mine does that when i power it off, everything else seems fine, so maybe just a power down thing which happens on the Rutus. love the machine.

Return to “RUTUS Forum”