Lazer B1 - Opinions?

Topics related to Tesoro / Laser metal detectors here, Off topic posts will be removed.
Tesoro / Laser Videos
Grub

Lazer B1 - Opinions?

Post by Grub » Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:40 pm

Hi folks, hope you're all looking forward to the storms that are on their way to soften up the ground a tad for us. :)

Anyway, I've been offered a Laser B1 from a mate for 100 notes. It's a bit battered/scratched but fully working he says. (I've not traveled down to see it yet).
I was looking to upgrade from my Prizm to a C Scope 3/6mx in the near future but my mates offer has got me tempted.

I've read a few reviews etc on the model and a fair few people say that it easily competes with modern-day detectors. (funny how they always seem to say that).
So I'm hoping one or two of you have owned or still own a B1 and can speak from experience on it's performance.

I do beach and field detecting so it needs to be able to cope with both.

Any thought's appreciated. ::g

C-Scope 1220XD

Steve1080123

Re: Lazer B1 - Opinions?

Post by Steve1080123 » Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:59 pm

I had a b1 many years ago they have a good reputation for finding the small silvers I found it did find some small bits easy to ground balance a good machine for £100 not sure how it would really compare to the modern machines and as for the beach stick to the dry sand because at that frequency the wet sands going to be a real challenge
Sovereign GT detech ultimate coil

Grub

Post by Grub » Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:58 pm

Many thanks for the reply mate!

I think it definitely warrants the trip down to Cornwall to have a look.

Cheers! ::g
C-Scope 1220XD

bob79

Post by bob79 » Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:07 pm

Would love to get my hands on a B1 again just out of interest, was my second machine had lots of good finds with it, first Roman, first hammy.

Bob ::g

lord lovell

Post by lord lovell » Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:08 pm

for £100 grab it and run its a excellent light weight esy to use machine and very good on hammered and gold item offer £80 but defo get it

Mega B

Post by Mega B » Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:11 pm

The B1 is one of the all time classic and still people use them today,great for hammered coins and also on sites with alot of trash in as they had one of the finest discrimination systems going,i have a Silver Sabre still and its from the same stable as the B1 infact the B1 was the next generation.

Regarding condition as long as everything works as it should do,the condition if it been scatched and had a few war wounds will tell you that it was a machine that a favoured by its owner because it kept finding stuff.

If anything is within the top 8inches the B1 will nail it for sure,£100 is actually a good price as they are normally a little more.

Grub

Post by Grub » Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:06 pm

Mega B wrote:
Regarding condition as long as everything works as it should do,the condition if it been scatched and had a few war wounds will tell you that it was a machine that a favoured by its owner because it kept finding stuff.

If anything is within the top 8inches the B1 will nail it for sure,£100 is actually a good price as they are normally a little more.
As it turned out mate the detector was a proper nail. The 150 mile round trip was a waste of time and money, the coil had a big crack (hiding underneath the coil cover), the wire/connector on the coil was virtually hanging out and the control box had no writing left on it, it was banged up so much.
So I decided against it! - Some bloody mate he is making me drive all that way on the promise of a bargain detector! :-L

But, every cloud has a silver lining and all that... While I was down there I met a bloke on the beach detecting, he said he was upgrading in the near future and if I was interested I could have his C-Scope 1220XD for 80 quid. I got the phone call a few days ago to say he'd now got his upgrade and the 1220 was ready for me if I still wanted it.
We're off down there tomorrow to pick it up!

It's not the detector I wanted, but it's a big improvement over my Prizm. (I hope). :)
C-Scope 1220XD

pjc68

Post by pjc68 » Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:31 pm

My father is from Newton abbot and all his side of the family, and they were taught
never trust a Cornish man ;))
Paddy
Minelab Explorer XS with Minelab slimline coil and Detech 13" Ultimate coil, Laser B1 Highpower with 8" coil, Viking 5, Chefphones cp1 headphones, Makro pointer, Evolution pro cut spade, Draper mini spade, Wilcox sod cutter

celtic

Post by celtic » Sat May 25, 2019 4:21 pm

I had the hi power great machines a classic.

sweepstick47

Post by sweepstick47 » Sat May 25, 2019 4:48 pm

Warning - this is a very old thread (2013)
A disservice is no service at all.

Return to “Tesoro / Laser Forum”