hawkeye

Topics related to Tesoro / Laser metal detectors here, Off topic posts will be removed.
Tesoro / Laser Videos
yorkie

hawkeye

Post by yorkie »

hi just asking but shoul the machine keep bleeping when you just wave it in the air i have only just accquired it i tried the air test when detector is just still but when you pick the machine up it keeps on beeping on and off

Blackadder43
Admin

Re: hawkeye

Post by Blackadder43 »

Yes the same as i would beep if i was waved in the air....
Its not meant to be up there
It will be sensing all sorts of stuff and EMI etc
You need to be in a field really to test the machine properly
When you are right no one remembers; when you are wrong no one forgets

sweepstick47

Post by sweepstick47 »

There is also another possible causative and certainly worth checking for periodically.
It's quite common with all detectors of it's design. This potential problem can arise due to perfectly normal use.

The spring cable protector which is secured into the coil plug at the control box housing end, sometimes works it's way further into the coil-connecting plug causing an intermittent short circuit (producing the false signals such as your are experiencing).

The remedy is straight forward - give the spring cable protector (not the cable)! a gentle pull to bring it back to it's correct position but being careful not to completely pull it right out of the plug.
Before doing this, I would suggest checking that the cable plug's tightening screw, is tight enough to ensure the plug/socket 'pins' are making a good contact. Good Luck - Regards ss47 ::g
A disservice is no service at all.

yorkie

Post by yorkie »

ok thankyou for the replies much appreciated will have to try it in the garden

Koala

Post by Koala »

my detectors don't beep if I raise the coil in the air. Except if the sensitivity is cranked up. Then it will gently chatter away

Return to “Tesoro / Laser Forum”