Getting to my Nox

Only for the discussion of the Minelab Equinox series of metal detector within this forum.
Ferret man

Getting to my Nox

Post by Ferret man »

Am still new to detecting only been doing it for a few months and i like things to be nice and simple to use. Have been writing down any useful tips and advice from both the manual and other detectorists regarding changing different settings etc. Have always kept mine on Field 1 but after doing a few tweaks etc today and also putting it on Field 2 it has surprised me on the extra depth and the smaller targets I am now picking up.

Am now going to go back on all the ground I have covered as am pretty sure i have missed a lot. Am also going on my first open dig tomorrow so am looking forward to chatting to fellow detectorists with the same machine as me.

It must be nice for the experienced detectorists who know their machines inside out. Have also tried ground balancing for the first time today!

Ferret man

geoff

Re: Getting to my Nox

Post by geoff »

I have not really tried field 2, might give it more of a try.
Etrac , AT pro & equinox 800, c scope.

TheAndyA

Post by TheAndyA »

I've been using Field 2 for quite some time, until just recently going back to Field 1.

I vaguely recall reading something here on the forum, suggesting that Field 1 used a different combination of frequencies and that they may be better for extra depth? I can't confirm that either way, but both Field 1 and 2 seem to work well.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this?
www.youtube.com/c/terraenglandia
Minelab Equinox 800
Garrett Carrot

Bors

Post by Bors »

TheAndyA wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:06 pm
I've been using Field 2 for quite some time, until just recently going back to Field 1.

I vaguely recall reading something here on the forum, suggesting that Field 1 used a different combination of frequencies and that they may be better for extra depth? I can't confirm that either way, but both Field 1 and 2 seem to work well.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

Check this out for the explanation between the two .
Beware of the Man who shoots with only One gun.

TheAndyA

Post by TheAndyA »

Thanks Pete, that's great! ::g
www.youtube.com/c/terraenglandia
Minelab Equinox 800
Garrett Carrot

fred

Post by fred »

I'm with Andy. ::g

The thing is that as a Nox beginner you learn quite rapidly so it is very difficult to unravel what performance improvements are due to changes in the programme and what is down to your increased skill and experience. Either way well done for trying different settings and it is definitely worth going again over the ground that you learned the ropes on, perhaps listening for fainter signals and trying to make sense of some of the less obvious squarks. :D
Equinox 800 x2

Ferret man

Post by Ferret man »

Been out today using mainly Field 2 dug a few more bits of iron than normal but got some lovely signals on some paper thin buttons which were a good depth down then tried them on Field 1 and hardly got a signal at all. I seem to do better on Field 1 as i change a few of the settings, so might try an area one day on Field 1 and then go over it again on Field 2

Return to “Minelab Equinox Forum”