XP Pinpointer MI-6

Only for the discussion of the XP MI-6 Pinpointer
MetalGuru

Re: NEW - XP MI-6 Pinpointer

Post by MetalGuru » Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:00 pm

Shawshank wrote:More expensive than I was hoping.

Does it have a lanyard or at least somewhere to fit one do you know?

Looks like a lovely bit of kit though and the ability to hear it through the headphones is the USP that will mean these sell in huge amounts I'm sure.

I had a really bad experience with my Garrett pinpointer breaking just out of warranty. I'm currently using a Deteknix Xpointer which I'm impressed with and has so far been faultless and much cheaper. But a wireless XP version.....

It will be mine....oh yes...It will be mine.... :D
On the one I saw at the XP rally there was a lanyard fitted.

MetalGuru

Re: XP Pinpointer

Post by MetalGuru » Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:03 pm

Steve_T wrote:Is it switchable off / on from the remote? cant see any info on that.
A possible only weak point I can foresee on the probe, over time the switch or rubber cover to it may give up, 5 year warranty good for that I suppose.

would be useful when pinpointing with the machine, after third or successive press of pinpointer button on remote the probe switches on, when detecting again press return button on remote and probe switches off. Looks like it is only programmable with a remote so may be Deus Lite users might have to purchase a remote to get full benefit of tweaking the probe?
Perhaps their will be more info after this weekend, but will be keen to get one any way, first impressions seem good, time will tell I guess

Regards Steve
It is usable with any make of detector apparently, but you may not get all the features.

Nigel at regtons

Re: XP MI-6 Pinpointer

Post by Nigel at regtons » Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:18 pm

It's exactly the same depth as AT Probe when on sens 3 however the remote will unlock a 'super depth' mode.

Shawshank

Post by Shawshank » Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:44 pm

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the price will be better than the £175 mark

I'm glad there seems to be a lanyard option though. Being able to locate it is great but I'd rather not wander off from it in the first place especially at that price.

A five year warranty and wireless conductivity would make me happy to part with £150 (Or less :) )
but after that it does get a bit eye wateringly expensive.

I have a feeling that at that price they will sell every one they can make..

Dammit I'll still be getting one though :D
Ace 250
T2
Deus

mrix
Founder

Post by mrix » Thu Oct 06, 2016 5:14 pm

First impressions is that it does look a very well built and cosmetically a nice piece of kit, having all the added features for the Deus I am sure its going to be very popular B-)
Hopefully its reliabillity / durabillity will match ::g
Cheers
mrix

Filternozzle

Post by Filternozzle » Thu Oct 06, 2016 5:44 pm

Anyone the wiser to when it will be available to purchase?
Updated NEXUS MP & Minelab GPX-5000 ::g

Ada

Post by Ada » Thu Oct 06, 2016 11:16 pm

Looks like £200 all day long to me. Unless it appeals to detectorists other than Deus owners and higher volume sales make it cheaper.

Time will tell.
( I hate myself for wanting one)
...................................Time only exists because we have clocks...........................

Filternozzle

Post by Filternozzle » Fri Oct 07, 2016 2:07 pm

Both my pinpointers (by very well known manufacturers) are now pretty useless and although I do not own a Deus, I'll think I'll wait and see what this new XP pinpointer is like before purchasing another. I do not care what it looks like, only interested in how it performs and how long it will work without any problems, a five year guarantee sounds good to me.
Updated NEXUS MP & Minelab GPX-5000 ::g

Womble Jon

Re: XP Pinpointer MI-6

Post by Womble Jon » Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:18 pm

Hello all I was out for a couple of hours today trying out V4 & MI-6 pinpointer that i was lucky enough to win at a rally last year... ::g

I thought V4 on GM2 was as good as ever comparing it to my mate on 3.2 signals seemed to be a little stronger, on flicking it over to deep setting on same signals not as good but need more time to say.... :D

The MI-6 pinpointer is very sensitive compared to the garret carrot & finding targets is a lot easier with the sound through your headset I turned off vibration & light I found I didn't need them.
It's better with no interference with the coil [:)
Down sides are you have to turn the pointer off to use the coil & I have a habit of digging clod checking hole with pointer & if no signal wave coil again to find I've left pointer on & coil is OFF B| but that's something I'll get used to.
The holster is a bit rubbish It Keeps coming off my pouch belt & the top closes up so it takes two hands to put it away :-L but it will fit the garret holster.. ::g
Remember You're a Womble.... [:)

cyprio42

Post by cyprio42 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:04 pm

Womble Jon wrote:Hello all I was out for a couple of hours today trying out V4 & MI-6 pinpointer that i was lucky enough to win at a rally last year... ::g

I thought V4 on GM2 was as good as ever comparing it to my mate on 3.2 signals seemed to be a little stronger, on flicking it over to deep setting on same signals not as good but need more time to say.... :D

The MI-6 pinpointer is very sensitive compared to the garret carrot & finding targets is a lot easier with the sound through your headset I turned off vibration & light I found I didn't need them.
It's better with no interference with the coil [:)
Down sides are you have to turn the pointer off to use the coil & I have a habit of digging clod checking hole with pointer & if no signal wave coil again to find I've left pointer on & coil is OFF B| but that's something I'll get used to.
The holster is a bit rubbish It Keeps coming off my pouch belt & the top closes up so it takes two hands to put it away :-L but it will fit the garret holster.. ::g
Hi
is their much lag when you turn the pointer off and the coil becoming active again
Minelab CTX 3030
XP Deus
Grey Ghost Headphones
Garrett Pro Pointer
Bible

Womble Jon

Post by Womble Jon » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:17 am

No lag at all.. ::g
Remember You're a Womble.... [:)

Return to “XP MI-6 Pinpointer Forum”