ANYBODY USING VIKING 10?

Only topics related to Viking metal detectors here, Please remember Off topic posts will be removed.
oldwoodchuck

ANYBODY USING VIKING 10?

Post by oldwoodchuck » Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:16 pm

Hello I'm looking at the viking 10 as a simple turn on and go detector,for over here in the USA.Does anybody here use one? And what is the operating frequency thanks :-w

Detector Heaven is any day you can go detecting and root around in grass !

Detectors in use : A like new Troy Lady Shadow X2, And a mint Troy Shadow X3 and Garrett pro pointer.

Past Owned detectors: too many to list

stephenbeetleman

Re: ANYBODY USING VIKING 10?

Post by stephenbeetleman » Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:32 pm

Hi Oldwoodchuck,

I haven't used a Viking VK10 before but i'm sure someone that has will be able to help shortly. Any specs i have read online haven't listed the operating frequency either. Given that a Viking VK10 would have a fixed ground balance to average soil conditions found in the UK you would probably find that it may under preform in the US depending on the terrain you are searching. If you are interested in a switch on and go machine set to soil in the US, maybe a Garrett Ace 250 or similar may be worth considering. Viking are a UK company too so aftersales support may be difficult for you should something go wrong aswell. Hope this helps you come to a decision. :)

Regards
Stephen
Minelab Sovereign GT

SEF 15 X 12 Coil

Garrett Pro Pointer

Return to “Viking Forum”