I am New here With my q40 and have found some hidden menues

Quest Metal Detectors Forum
Topics related to Quest metal detectors here, Off topic posts will be removed.
Quest Videos
Mario.E.

I am New here With my q40 and have found some hidden menues

Post by Mario.E. » Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:13 pm

Hi,
My name is Mario and i came from germany near Dresden. 35 years old and go
Metaldetecting for about 14 years Now. For the last 3 years i have break.
Now i diceded to Start again With the q40. I loved this Maschine at the first Look and since
Last monday i own this mashine.
Cant go out because my Job cost much time and the weather wasent good enough So i diceded
To play around with the settings and functions to learn the mashine.

I found out that you can Hard reset the q40 by Holding the Volumen down Button and the M Button.

The second i found is this wenn you hold the pinpoint button and press the sens Button up and down
You can change the sensitivity of the pointer. And the interessting Thing that i found is.. If you hold
The pinpoint Button and than press the ground grab Button you can choose two Modes E0 and Ed
. I dont know for what this is but in one of the Modes the q40 is quiet and stable and in the other one i think the q40 has more Power and goes deeper... But is verry chattery. This goes in all Programms but in all metal does this nothing.

Sorry for my Bad englisch B-)

Greetings and every time good finds ::g

Quest Q40 With booth coils
Quest X Pointer
Quest Diamond Digger

Old Detectors: Ace150, Treasure Ace 100, Eurotek Pro, 2x Chinese Detektor (whites 3900d copy)
The verry Best Fisher 1266XB With tone ID

Norman_invader

Re: I am New here With my q40 and have found some hidden menues

Post by Norman_invader » Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:53 pm

Welcome Mario,
Hmmm...interesting,will try these hidden settings out over the weekend,thank buddy ::g
Year 3
Makro racer 2
FID Member
Chasing the dream find

Mario.E.

Post by Mario.E. » Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:11 pm

Hi norman invader thx for Your reply.
I think thats underprograms for the different Modes such Coins, ore beach
Because in the jewelery Mode i think ist was to Set Ed and in Coins or beach that was E0.
Also i think that its usefull if the Maschine is to chattery... But cant test this in field bevor sunday morning. Had test the Modes With the big coil... Dont know how it works With the smaller one.

Greetings
Quest X Pointer
Quest Diamond Digger

Old Detectors: Ace150, Treasure Ace 100, Eurotek Pro, 2x Chinese Detektor (whites 3900d copy)

cantona1

Post by cantona1 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:39 pm

::g thanks Mario

Macroman

Post by Macroman » Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:52 pm

Hi Mario, thanks for the information...I am thinking of getting back new A40...and found your information very interesting.
Also,your English is very good...I only speak Spanish ..apart from my mother tongue English..so I appreciate that it's difficult to write the written word..so well done...
Good hunting👍

Macroman

Post by Macroman » Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:53 pm

Hi Mario, thanks for the information...I am thinking of getting back new A40...and found your information very interesting.
Also,your English is very good...I only speak Spanish ..apart from my mother tongue English..so I appreciate that it's difficult to write the written word..so well done...
Good hunting👍

niceguyfrankie

Post by niceguyfrankie » Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:01 pm

has anyone tried these yet? was out on Saturday but only just seen these
frank
Equinox 800
HD stainless steel sand scoop with long handle
Minelab pro find 35 pin pointer
Quest Diamond Digger
Evolution SE Pro cut spade
NCMD Registered

sweepstick47

Post by sweepstick47 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:41 pm

Hello Mario ::g I missed your introductory post so welcome aboard the forum. ::g Thanks for the information on the Q40 settings. Good Luck ::g Regards ss47
A disservice is no service at all.

niceguyfrankie

Post by niceguyfrankie » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:11 am

Mario.E. wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:36 am
Hey Ho... Sorry for... I have a lot of work the last days. I Do that this Week.. Maybe on thursday or friday. rl;

So about the settings.. That i found... I was out at sunday for about 3 hours on the field and try to learn this mashine. Played around With the settings and the Tones... Also Do some airtest befor..

I tryed the Modes beach, jewelery and Coins in airtest With my silver Ring... I found out that the Mode beach goes deeper than the others... Got the silver Ring With a crystal clear Signal at sens 60 disc 30 in beach Mode in about 25 cm max. ... In jewelery the same Ring With sens 85 disc 30 at 21 cm max and in Coins Mode sens 85 disc 40 in 16cm.. Highering the sens in beach Mode does nothing but the mashine goes unstable... Lowering the sens in the other Modes steals a Little bit of deep.. Maybe 2 cm..

Than i enabled the hidden Setting in jewelery Mode and Look the Ring brings an crystal clear Signal at 25 - 26 cm but iS verry unstable. Like the beach Mode.. .. Musst Lowering the sens at 60... But for me its to chattery... IT looks Like that beach Mode have higher sens than the other.. But i try to go With beach Mode on field.....no way Chirping, falsing... Beep here Beep there.

So i tryed one Thing... Use jewelery Mode Lowering the disc at 15, Tones at 6... Sens 85... And Now also the Ring came on 26 cm.... Think so that the disc steals Much deep... I Like 6 tones its a Little bit Like my old fisher.... And With the lower disc i can better hear the good Signals beetween the iron... Found also out that With disc 30 tiny pieces of copper and thin gave no Signals or even Bad jumpy Signals With disc 15 clear Sound but a quiter Tone.

Also i think the Max deep of this mashine is reached at sens 75-85... I think sens about ober 85 gives only falsing and makes the q40 unstable....

In the 3 hours i find 1 Pfennig Saxony 1770-1800, 3 Buttons one Are Military With a 1 on it. The other 2 Are verry tiny With a diameter of 5mm, one broken croatal Bell, 2 pieces of old Buckel, and one old copper ring.. Nothing spezial but for the first run a good summa. If i found the time i will upload Fotos.

Greetings
Mario

Many thanks for your time and effort in doing this, great info

Frank
Equinox 800
HD stainless steel sand scoop with long handle
Minelab pro find 35 pin pointer
Quest Diamond Digger
Evolution SE Pro cut spade
NCMD Registered

Mario.E.

Post by Mario.E. » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:08 am

Hey Ho... Sorry for... I have a lot of work the last days. I Do that this Week.. Maybe on thursday or friday.  

So about the settings.. That i found... I was out at sunday for about 3 hours on the field and try to learn this mashine. Played around With the settings and the Tones... Also Do some airtest befor.. 

I tryed the Modes beach, jewelery and Coins in airtest With my silver Ring... I found out that the Mode beach goes deeper than the others... Got the silver Ring With a crystal clear Signal at sens 60 disc 30 in beach Mode in about 25 cm max. ... In jewelery the same Ring With sens 85 disc 30 at 21 cm max and in Coins Mode sens 85 disc 40 in 16cm.. Highering the sens in beach Mode does nothing but the mashine goes unstable... Lowering the sens in the other Modes steals a Little bit of deep.. Maybe 2 cm..

Than i enabled the hidden Setting in jewelery Mode and Look the Ring brings an crystal clear Signal at 25 - 26 cm but iS verry unstable. Like the beach Mode.. .. Musst Lowering the sens at 60... But for me its to chattery... IT looks Like that beach Mode have higher sens than the other.. But i try to go With beach Mode on field.....no way Chirping, falsing... Beep here Beep there.

So i tryed one Thing... Use jewelery Mode Lowering the disc at 15, Tones at 6... Sens 85... And Now also the Ring came on 26 cm.... Think so that the disc steals Much deep... I Like 6 tones its a Little bit Like my old fisher.... And With the lower disc i can better hear the good Signals beetween the iron... Found also out that With disc 30 tiny pieces of copper and thin gave no Signals or even Bad jumpy Signals With disc 15 clear Sound but a quiter Tone. 

Also i think the Max deep of this mashine is reached at sens 75-85... I think sens about ober 85 gives only falsing and makes the q40 unstable.... 

In the 3 hours i find 1 Pfennig Saxony 1770-1800, 3 Buttons one Are Military With a 1 on it. The other 2 Are verry tiny With a diameter of 5mm, one broken croatal Bell, 2 pieces of old Buckel, and one old copper ring.. Nothing spezial but for the first run a good summa. If i found the time i will upload Fotos. 

Greetings
Quest X Pointer
Quest Diamond Digger

Mario.E.

Post by Mario.E. » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:19 am

Sorry for double Post... I have Edition something... And the Post was gone 🤔
Quest X Pointer
Quest Diamond Digger

Mud Max

Post by Mud Max » Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:39 pm

You should not change the EO and ED. That is the advice of Jason Teng, owner of Quest. These shift menus may cause issues for your machine as they are not meant to be used by the owners of the Q20s and Q40s, they are for use at the factory.

In my opinion it is best to stick with the standard functions of the machine.
Xp Deus 11" coil
GM5+SE

Jedi Master button finder

Mario.E.

Post by Mario.E. » Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:23 pm

Mud Max wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:39 pm
You should not change the EO and ED. That is the advice of Jason Teng, owner of Quest. These shift menus may cause issues for your machine as they are not meant to be used by the owners of the Q20s and Q40s, they are for use at the factory.

In my opinion it is best to stick with the standard functions of the machine.
Yep i think also... The only results i have are that the maschine goes unstable... But i must try this.. Have also Hard reset my q40 after the test... Its better to play With sens and disc... But im curious what These settings are Change or done 🤔
Quest X Pointer
Quest Diamond Digger

sanjuro

Post by sanjuro » Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:50 pm

Mario.E.

Post by Mario.E. » Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:57 pm

Great Thx
Quest X Pointer
Quest Diamond Digger

mhk1058

Post by mhk1058 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:47 pm

I know this thread is getting on a bit now, so please excuse the late response. From other sources (eg here http://www.amdtt.it/2018/01/quest-q20-a ... -features/) to reset you press the M and the settings down arrow, not the volume down arrow.

In any event does anyone know exactly what this actually resets as manually entered settings don't seem to change, unless I'm not actually managing to reset it.

Return to “Quest - Deteknix Forum”