Quest XPointer advice

Quest Metal Detectors Forum
Topics related to Quest metal detectors here, Off topic posts will be removed.
Quest Videos
beaubrummell

Quest XPointer advice

Post by beaubrummell »

Hi all

I recently received a replacement Garrett Pro Pointer as the first one began falsing all the time during the warranty period.

I have not yet used the replacement GPP but I'm wondering whether I should just sell it in its brand new condition and get an Xpointer.

Is it true that the Xpointers never false?

That alone would be reason enough for me to get one as I fear the new GPP will just start falsing again sometime down the line.

Cheers and HH

E-Trac
Detech Ultimate
SEF 8x6
Deteknix Wader Li Xpointer
Lesche Digging Tool
AMES entrenching tool
Souped-up Spear & Jackson mini spade
Chefphones CP2 Black
Tomcat Dakota boots
NCMD membership number 13566

Spiker1968

Re: Quest Xpointer advice

Post by Spiker1968 »

I bought one when they first came out and it has been brilliant, no falsing and has not missed a beat since I have had it. Going on my experience I have to give it 10 out of 10.

::g ::g

beaubrummell

Post by beaubrummell »

Spiker1968 wrote:I bought one when they first came out and it has been brilliant, no falsing and has not missed a beat since I have had it. Going on my experience I have to give it 10 out of 10.

::g ::g
Cheers Spiker

I must admit as I trawl the internet I can't find any bad reviews of the Xpointer. ::g
E-Trac
Detech Ultimate
SEF 8x6
Lesche Digging Tool
AMES entrenching tool
Chefphones CP2 Black
Tomcat Dakota boots

John and Dawn

Post by John and Dawn »

Heard good reports on the X Pointer, will get one soon to replace my falsing Garrett. They all tend to interfere with detectors but that is usually not too bad.
John and Dawn.

CTX 3030 (X2)
Ringfinder sand scoop

HowardCarter2

Post by HowardCarter2 »

Got rid of my Garrett falsing all the time, never again will I buy a Garrett. Now have Quest Pointer and really pleased with it. If I get the Deus coil to close to it it makes the Deus sound off but so did the Garrett and far worse. Just have to move the coil a foot away and then okay ::g ::g ::g
Wonderful things

pakeha

Post by pakeha »

agree with all the aforementioned comments on the Xpointer,this is my first and only probe so can't compare with others,however it works brilliantly for me and as said when using it just keep the detector away but well within hands reach.

Nickinstick

Re: Deteknix Xpointer advice

Post by Nickinstick »

Haven't had a Garret but had an Xpointer which was superb until I lost it. Replaced with the newer orange waterproof rechargeable one from deteknix which is even better as the older xpointer ate batteries. This one has lithium batts so can top up charge willy nilly. Tony also added a spare batt so should last me quite some time, it is also more sensitive and he sensitivity can be adjusted, would rate 10/10.

Rgds Nick
CTX 3030 17"coil & Equinox 800
Career Finds!
Gold Artifacts (1)
Gold Coins (1)
Saxon Coins (1)
Iron Age Coins (1)
Silver Hammereds (42)

MickyD87

Post by MickyD87 »

I love the xpointer probe, but I've noticed it makes my explorer 2 chatter away but I just love the coil further away.
I've had mine for almost a year if not more
Never falsies only thing wrong with mine is the battery screw cap pops off if you tighten it up.
:;@ Minelab Explorer 2 :;@

clint

Post by clint »

My xpointer sends the Etrac potty if too close. I have tried doing the noise cancel with it on but this doesn't seem to work. However,I'm not bothered with this at all I just use the kill switch on the headphones or push them off the ears. The reason I am not bothered is because the pointer does not false..at all. So the time taken to recover the target is minimal.

Regards

Clint
Etrac.13" Ultimate Coil.CP3 TT`s
8x6 sef
Euroace.
Deteknix Pointer,camo,oh yeah! ...does what it says on the box..
Garrett Propointer..ok...(now it's fixed!)
Jeff`s big tool!

beaubrummell

Post by beaubrummell »

Cheers all for the comments. ::g
E-Trac
Detech Ultimate
SEF 8x6
Lesche Digging Tool
AMES entrenching tool
Chefphones CP2 Black
Tomcat Dakota boots

adders

Post by adders »

Like Spiker I bought a x pointer as soon as the first few came into the country and it is still going. i am out more than once a week and that is a lot of holes it has searched. I use a Deus and normally 8 khz with everything at max and I rarely get any interference between the two. I am really impressed with the quality and performance of the x pointer.

bantryman

Post by bantryman »

xpointer is a great piece of kit cant fault mine. buy away =P~

mrix
Founder

Post by mrix »

Hello, there is the New Garrett AT Propointer and the Garrett Propointer 2 which as far as I know do not false, I have personally owned a Garrett Propointer for the past 5 years and never had an issue personally with mine ::g
As for the Xpointer they have been very popular among members, we do have them for sell on our very own MDF Auction, here is a direct link to the Black Colour version but there are links within each listing to all the other colours available ::g
Direct listing - Xpointer
Best of luck in whatever you decide.
Cheers
mrix

Machinist

Post by Machinist »

As far as I can tell the Xpointer should not false as it is a PI type of pointer, the problem is that the Pi system can upset machines that are VLF, the trick is to move the search head away from the hole while using the X pointer. It is not the pointer that is faulty but the combination of detector/pointer that causes this.

I have been aware of this phenomenon for quite a few years as I use Pi detectors on the beach and have an original type Garrett pointer and get the same reaction between the 2 systems. I tend to use the Garrett pointer very rarely on the beach because not only can it react to the detector but it will false if brought in contact with salt water.

Ray
It's all the Headless Hunters fault !!

Member of South Yorkshire MDC

Return to “Quest - Deteknix Forum”