Deteknix Headphones are there any bad points ????

Quest Metal Detectors Forum
Topics related to Quest metal detectors here, Off topic posts will be removed.
Quest Videos
cornwalldavid

Re: Deteknix Headphones are there any bad points ????

Post by cornwalldavid » Fri Dec 25, 2015 10:17 am

[quote="liamnolan"]I wonder how many good products have been unfairly criticised in the past. We have great spades that work perfectly for 99% and 1% posts that they break far too easily when digging deep into rock hard frozen ground. Clothing can get a top class review from users until someone moans that they can too easily tear when climbing over barbed wire fencing. I use the Deus, what a super machine but there are people who moan that its too light, they break the charging pins and the back phones can break if ripped apart in high winds ..
The magnetic charging attachment on the Deteknix phones is a bit fiddly I know, noticed it as soon as I get everything set up, but it then worked fine.
Whatever detecting equipment we use, we need to take time and effort to be a bit careful. Just like when out detecting, patience and care can bring up the finds, Liam OooO[,quote]
Great point well made! Another new product was torn to shreds before it had even been launched.

Mega B

Post by Mega B » Fri Dec 25, 2015 11:27 am

Initial thoughts about the Deteknik headphones,have been on charge since the early hours and must admit the sound quality from them is rather pleasing,cannot give any opinion as yet on longevity of the battery life,but i suspect it certainly will last my longest time duration detecting.I do always carry a battery bank with me just incase anything does go flat so i could if need be top up while having a brew up at dinner time.

Very light and should last the treatment that detecting equipment gets out in the field,the charging magnetic connection on the transmitter was my initial worry as was the length of battery time,i will say that the magnetic connector was not a good design but as long as one is aware and spends just a few extra seconds checking that it is on the contact correctly and of course the led light will verify that as it will show the red colour then i cannot see any worries,but i will say that moving over to the same connector as the headphones would be a very wise move.

Have tried it on my T2 and Nexus and the tones are very good and replicate my best wired set of headphones,was also a bit worried about how they would sit on the head,my Deus WS5 headphones want to keep falling off and the only way to keep them in place is to use a cap or some kind then they will stay in place,these Deteknix headphones do stay in place without a cap/hat so another advantage.

As these headphones are not total over the ears then i am thinking they wont make your ears over hot during the summer,these are my initial thoughts and must admit yes you possibly can buy cheaper RF ones or even cheaper Bluetooth options,but i feel these will last a fair amount of time so the initial expense should be worth it in the long term.

Weather is looking good for a all day detecting session on monday so will try them out and cannot see any problems,will update after a week or so of use.
Nexus MP,Nexus SE,TDI Pro,Fisher TW-5 twin box,Equinox,Deus.

tml0973

Post by tml0973 » Sat Dec 26, 2015 8:51 am

Hi are they showerproof????
Garrett AT pro
Garrett AT pro pointer
Evo combo
Loving it !!!

Mega B

Post by Mega B » Sat Dec 26, 2015 12:26 pm

tml0973 wrote:Hi are they showerproof????
On the side of the box that the headphones came in,this is the comment that could answer your question.

Protection level....Splash proof

JBM

Post by JBM » Sat Dec 26, 2015 12:31 pm

I have been out in pouring rain with them over many months and just put my jacket hood up as with my Dues phones. ;) Jerry.

Mega B

Post by Mega B » Sat Dec 26, 2015 12:34 pm

JBM wrote:I have been out in pouring rain with them over many months and just put my jacket hood up as with my Dues phones. ;) Jerry.
Jerry,thats exactly what i would do as well,must admit i am very impressed with these headphones thus far,sound quality is very good and no lag,infact the signal response is as good as my wired Preds.

tml0973

Post by tml0973 » Sat Dec 26, 2015 1:42 pm

Cool I'm being convinced me Xmas lolly will be well spent.
If I purchased two battery's I would always have back up or are they silly money???
Garrett AT pro
Garrett AT pro pointer
Evo combo
Loving it !!!

Mega B

Post by Mega B » Sat Dec 26, 2015 1:49 pm

tml0973 wrote:Cool I'm being convinced me Xmas lolly will be well spent.
If I purchased two battery's I would always have back up or are they silly money???
You cannot buy extra batteries for these headphones,they come with a in-built battery,all you need to do is charge them up if need be from a cig light usb cable if need be or a small emergency USB battery bank that you can buy from Ebay or Amazon for a very very small amount,then you will in theory never have a problem when you are out detecting miles away from the mains.

tml0973

Post by tml0973 » Sat Dec 26, 2015 1:52 pm

Cool and thanks
Sold
Garrett AT pro
Garrett AT pro pointer
Evo combo
Loving it !!!

Return to “Quest - Deteknix Forum”