Quest X-pointer

Quest Metal Detectors Forum
Topics related to Quest metal detectors here, Off topic posts will be removed.
Quest Videos
ModPhil

Re: Deteknix X-pointer

Post by ModPhil »

Got mine in the post this morning :D , can't wait to use it in battle so to speak. not sure whether to buy one of the clear covers to go on it and keep it clean, any thoughts guys and gals ??

NCMD member
Teknetics Eurotek Pro
Deteknix XPointer
Ex-US Army entrenching tool
the luck of the gods

broadsmaster

Post by broadsmaster »

Hi Tony purchased the camo xpointer off you the other week and all is fine but i have one of the original pinpointers from when they first came out and before you took on the uk sales and the older one weighs a good 40 grams more ? just wondered if you knew why this might be .

Thanks gordon
minelab equinox 800
Xp orx with 9" x35 coil

clint

Post by clint »

Ha! Yes Tony the pink xpointer is very Ann Summers! I've just had the Garrett properly repaired so I'm a bit overpinpointered at the moment. I have also purchased a clear cover for both pointers to keep the mud and wet out of the switch contacts and speaker. They take a bit of fettling if you use the security ring but only to the point of punching a little hole for the loop to fit through. I've also managed to squeeze one of the xpointer tip protectors on too.

regards

Clint
Etrac.13" Ultimate Coil.CP3 TT`s
8x6 sef
Euroace.
Deteknix Pointer,camo,oh yeah! ...does what it says on the box..
Garrett Propointer..ok...(now it's fixed!)
Jeff`s big tool!

Beaurepair1971

Post by Beaurepair1971 »

I bought one a few months ago and it's now one of my favourite items of kit. It performs as well as the pro-find. It does interfere with Minelab BBS, but I simply position my detector pointing away from the hole when pinpointing and that solves the noises. A big advantage over the pro-find is that being PI the X-pointer works perfectly at the beach :-)
http://www.metal-detectorist.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Jayreef

Post by Jayreef »

Taken the plunge to buy one, I hope it works well and lasts well

Used to use my friends Garrett and thought it was brilliant- bought one second hand and it is pants , just likes to go off on its own accord, and finding distance is rubbish - so after getting infuriated with it for ages finally decided enough was enough

So fingers crossed on this one ::g
UKDFD - The database for Detectorists - please upload your finds

http://www.ukdfd.co.uk/ukdff/index.php

The Bike Cacher

Post by The Bike Cacher »

i like the look of these pointers. But i want the security of a waterproof one..
The Bike Cacher
------------------------
[:) [:) [:) [:) [:)

Tinheed

Post by Tinheed »

I love mine generally.The only downside to me is being a pi it doesn't respond to coke very well making it quite tricky to find.Has anyone else noticed this??

Ocean

Post by Ocean »

Hello
I've used the Xpointer for a few months now and am really pleased with it. I get about 30hrs out of a 9v battery. Sturdy with changeable end caps
Well worth investing
Ocean

That is correct, it doesn't pick up coke very well but it's not really a problem as we all know what a lump of coke looks like.

FUBAR

Post by FUBAR »

Many thanks for a most informative post. ::g

Tinheed

Post by Tinheed »

Ocean wrote:Hello
I've used the Xpointer for a few months now and am really pleased with it. I get about 30hrs out of a 9v battery. Sturdy with changeable end caps
Well worth investing
Ocean

That is correct, it doesn't pick up coke very well but it's not really a problem as we all know what a lump of coke looks like.
Agree its a great pinpointer, just my detector is sometimes fooled by coke at a certain depth and on pasture it can be very hard to spot. ::g

Ten pence!

Post by Ten pence! »

Tinheed wrote:I love mine generally.The only downside to me is being a pi it doesn't respond to coke very well making it quite tricky to find.Has anyone else noticed this??
Yes, I mentioned this a while back on another thread, not a huge problem for me as only one of my detectors will give an occasional dig me signal on coke, the bits are large enough to see thankfully so don't present that much of a problem.

tener

Post by tener »

used my x pointer for the first time sunday,it couldnt find a lump off coke the size of a golf ball...and it struggled to find fin bits of aluminum too. x;
XP DEUS
GARRETT PRO POINTER
BLACK ADA RIPER
BLACK ADA INVADER
MINE LAB DIGGING TOOL

bantryman

Post by bantryman »

hi,i got my pointer in October last.smashing piece of kit,worked really well,don't know how I did without one for all those years.anyway the battery went low last week so I put in a new one but the pointer wouldn't turn on. I shipped it back to detectorbits and its just arrived back to me in ireland working perfectly again.it was turned around in no time and the postage cost them £8.50 so full marks to detectorbits for their excellent service OooO OooO

ferez

Post by ferez »

I am thinking of buying one of these.

Update 07.07.15. Just ordered one, waiting for vendor to pay auction fees before I can pay by paypal.

Update 08.07.15 Just arrived, very good delivery. Cannot wait to get out and try it.

ferez ::g
Garrett Ace 250 with Nel Tornado coil.
1 x Roman
3 x Hammered

Seek and ye shall find

Stillburning

Post by Stillburning »

As with many of the posters on the thread I had enough of my Garrett and bought one of these.

First session yesterday and it was a pleasure to use, no falsing, no big holes with a small button in the side because the pin pointer had not found it, no destroying my carefully dug plug to put handfulls over the coil, very pleased ::g
I'm still burning you'll never put the spark out in my soul

GC-1023

Post by GC-1023 »

i just went to use the link provided at £65 ,but the price is now £70 same price as on ebay . ;;z
minelab ctx3030
minelab explorer se x2
deus full
rutus alter 71
Fisher F75 se dst
tx850 with mars sniper (g2 clone)

Tony Hunt

Post by Tony Hunt »

Apologies for the rise from 64.95 to 69.95 The lower price kept rearing its head on an old webpage we had showing that price. Its now deleted hopefully. Price had to go up because Detectorbits products have got so popular we had to register for VAT, bummer but has to be done to keep legal.

Our Xpointers have been received in the hobby very well and are extremely popular, mainly because they dont false like some of the others and are cheaper by quite a bit. I used one myself for years before I started selling Xpointers so I know the problems. Now Garrett have bought out a Mark two version of theirs and upped the price a further Twenty pounds, They have cured the falsing problem it seems but the price had to go up so the Xpointer is an even better bargain.
Our after sales service at Detectorbits always draws a lot of good comments. If you get Xpointer problems of any sort during your guarantee period simply get it in the post and the day I receive it I will repair it and it will be back to the Post Office the same day so that you hopefully receive it next day first class signed for. Never send a pointer back by special delivery because our post gets to us before midday anyway, just send normal signed for delivery.

For anybody who wants a waterproof Pinpointer we have the Rechargeable Wader Lithium at 89.95 delivered.
Thanks for looking :ml

ronleake

Post by ronleake »

I bought one of these in July 2014 and am still on the original battery ! ::g
Socks, Trainers, Wellington Boots, Gloves, Underpants, Tracky Trousers,
T shirt, Pullover, Overjacket, Baseball Cap, Spade, Spectacles, Watch, Packed lunch, Coffee flask, FID Card, Car, Optimism, 2 strong bags for my boots,
...and a detector

Shawshank

Post by Shawshank »

I'm looking forward to my Xpointer being delivered and will report back on how i find it as soon as i get chance.

I bought the Garrett Pro-pointer initially a couple of years ago and used it with my Ace 250 before I bought my T2. I assumed that because of the cost it would last years and at first I was really impressed with it.

After about 12 months it started sounding off and becoming erratic and i did the normal stuff like changing batteries to see if that would fix it. that didn't work so I thought I'd have to replace it and rang the dealers with a view to getting it changed. I think I was a bit naive as I was told 'they all do that' and what do you expect if you're putting pressure on it by poking it into holes, it's bound to flex and if it does it'll sound off. I was advised to be more gentle with it. Then the vibrating effect gave up.

After using it for a few more months I gave up and binned it. This coincided with me getting too busy to detect and there has been a gap of about two years. Now I'm back up for it and getting my kit together again I came across all the issues people were having with the pro pointer and how they're getting it sorted under warranty etc. which miffed me a bit as I was basically told that it was me and it could never go wrong in normal use. I should have been more persistent as I really look after the stuff I buy.

Still onwards and upwards as they say. Can't wait for the Xpointer to arrive ::g

Lo
Ace 250
T2
Deus

Return to “Quest - Deteknix Forum”