Fisher Impulse AQ

Topics related to Fisher metal detectors here, Off topic posts will be removed.
Fisher Videos
Pete01
Posts: 112
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2019 12:20 am
Has thanked: 48 times
Been thanked: 82 times

Re: Fisher Impulse AQ

Post by Pete01 »

Fusion wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 6:45 pm
Quote Pete01:"[the] manufacturer is asking for way more than what most people would consider the going price for a high end machine"
There aren't too many high end PI machines to compare with. An obvious one is the £1000 Whites TDI-SL, which it outperforms. Minelab's GPX5000, at £3500 is more advanced, though also more specialised, being a tough-ground nugget prospecting machine. Other possible competitors include the PI/VLF hybrid Tarsacci MDT-8000, which I'm not certain about pricing, but it would likely cost over £1600 to get one from the USA.
I agree with you to a certain extent- but it does boil down to what the marketing teams think they can get away with charging the customers rather than what the actual product is worth!. Yes in that specific niche of pulse induction machines there aren't that many options and they are all quite expensive.... but it does come across a bit like 'price fixing' if you ask me!.



User avatar
LE.JAG
Posts: 256
Joined: Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:10 am
Location: Bretagne in France
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 40 times

Re: Fisher Impulse AQ

Post by LE.JAG »

that's a long speech!
the cost of production at FTP
is quite low /


but it is not a standard coil
if the linz thread is laid by a machine
the shielding is infinitely more complex

a standard coil / it is a wire sticking in a plastic shell
paint shield
anyone can do it
but it will never work unless 10us
on the wet sand

this detector works at 7us
no one has ever done this before
for two reasons:
they don't know how to do it
and if they knew / the cost would also go up

the coil / box cable is 10 times more expensive than normal cable
because of the 7us
connectors are specific and expensive
because of the 7us

with this detector you will not dig the iron / in rejection mode
he can't see it ((volcanic sand is iron)))
you take the gold ring behind nails
no detector can do it
you take the gold ring behind lead
(under a 25 gr lead bullet)
no detector can do it

if you come across one, on your beach you will see the difference

the only flaw, you've pointed it out
yes, you have to dig deep .........
Last edited by LE.JAG on Tue Dec 31, 2019 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PI Fisher--Aquamanta / Pulsepowers Goldscan 5C / Vista Gold / Nexus Coronado

forgive my english ...

User avatar
LE.JAG
Posts: 256
Joined: Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:10 am
Location: Bretagne in France
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 40 times

Re: Fisher Impulse AQ

Post by LE.JAG »

+ there is no official video of the final product yet
here is one from 2016 / first prototype
which demonstrates the separation of metals
gold under the iron
the production version is even better.............

r;[

IMPULSE AQ.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
PI Fisher--Aquamanta / Pulsepowers Goldscan 5C / Vista Gold / Nexus Coronado

forgive my english ...

User avatar
fred
Posts: 11847
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:15 pm
Location: Kent
Has thanked: 3258 times
Been thanked: 7462 times

Re: Fisher Impulse AQ

Post by fred »

Despite the digging I am sorely tempted. Most of my local beaches are too iron infested for pulse machines but I know of plenty of relatively clean beaches which used to produce but have mostly been stripped of gold and coins down to about 18 inches (450mm). I just know that there is still deeper stuff there. I will see how the writeups go. ::g
Equinox 800 x2

User avatar
Rivers rat
Posts: 503
Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:33 pm
Location: London(UK)
Has thanked: 183 times
Been thanked: 145 times

Re: Fisher Impulse AQ

Post by Rivers rat »

fred wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 2:25 pm
Despite the digging I am sorely tempted. Most of my local beaches are too iron infested for pulse machines but I know of plenty of relatively clean beaches which used to produce but have mostly been stripped of gold and coins down to about 18 inches (450mm). I just know that there is still deeper stuff there. I will see how the writeups go. ::g
You gonna a need a proper digging tool :D :D :D

RR
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Owner of a Foster PI one of the Enlightened few
Tools of the trade as of 2020: Lobos/Silver sabre/GMP/Deus/1266X/F75DST/Xterra 705/Nox800/Goldscan g5c/Goldbug pro

User avatar
LE.JAG
Posts: 256
Joined: Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:10 am
Location: Bretagne in France
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 40 times

Re: Fisher Impulse AQ

Post by LE.JAG »

fred wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 2:25 pm
Despite the digging I am sorely tempted. Most of my local beaches are too iron infested for pulse machines but I know of plenty of relatively clean beaches which used to produce but have mostly been stripped of gold and coins down to about 18 inches (450mm). I just know that there is still deeper stuff there. I will see how the writeups go. ::g
20 inches are possible on coins / large rings
and more / on large targets
bronze age object and others
as long as you don't hit bottom
with your current detectors / it remains to be found

once on the bottom
everything becomes possible
here in France / we have the punch
horse head = 18k gold between 1838-1919
poinçons .jpg
I have never found so much jewelry
horse head punch
since I started using the latest AQ version

another Augis model 1907 medal
find a few weeks ago ...
lay on the bottom
2 - Copie - Copie.JPG
the only condition / is to have compact sand
which allows you to get the target ..

and a good gamate to scrape the bottom ;)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
PI Fisher--Aquamanta / Pulsepowers Goldscan 5C / Vista Gold / Nexus Coronado

forgive my english ...

hawken woods
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun Jan 05, 2020 10:42 pm
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Fisher Impulse AQ

Post by hawken woods »

hi,

how long does it take to charge the battery?
can the charger charge both at the same time?
If anyone has the information it would be interesting.

User avatar
fred
Posts: 11847
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:15 pm
Location: Kent
Has thanked: 3258 times
Been thanked: 7462 times

Re: Fisher Impulse AQ

Post by fred »

I would expect the thing to be expensive simply because R&D is expensive and, however good it is, they aren't going to sell that many. ::g

However, the price is irrelevant unless you can actually buy one. :D
Equinox 800 x2

User avatar
Wigeon
Posts: 558
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:03 pm
Location: North Cambs
Has thanked: 343 times
Been thanked: 390 times

Re: Fisher Impulse AQ

Post by Wigeon »

fred wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 10:59 pm
I would expect the thing to be expensive simply because R&D is expensive and, however good it is, they aren't going to sell that many. ::g

However, the price is irrelevant unless you can actually buy one. :D
I have just watched the video that LE JAG posted. Despite being the eternal sceptic, I must say that its impressive.
I remember reading one of Norfolk Wolf's books where he said that a PI with discrimination would be the 'Holy Grail'.
As you say Fred, tempting once available.
Minelab E-Trac. XP Goldmaxx power v4. Garret carrot. Evolution spade.

User avatar
fred
Posts: 11847
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:15 pm
Location: Kent
Has thanked: 3258 times
Been thanked: 7462 times

Re: Fisher Impulse AQ

Post by fred »

Wigeon wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:27 am
fred wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 10:59 pm
I would expect the thing to be expensive simply because R&D is expensive and, however good it is, they aren't going to sell that many. ::g

However, the price is irrelevant unless you can actually buy one. :D
I have just watched the video that LE JAG posted. Despite being the eternal sceptic, I must say that its impressive.
I remember reading one of Norfolk Wolf's books where he said that a PI with discrimination would be the 'Holy Grail'.
As you say Fred, tempting once available.

If they come out in time I might let you play with my one to see if it is suitable for your site! :D
Equinox 800 x2

User avatar
LE.JAG
Posts: 256
Joined: Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:10 am
Location: Bretagne in France
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 40 times

Re: Fisher Impulse AQ

Post by LE.JAG »

fred wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 2:25 pm
Despite the digging I am sorely tempted. Most of my local beaches are too iron infested for pulse machines but I know of plenty of relatively clean beaches which used to produce but have mostly been stripped of gold and coins down to about 18 inches (450mm). I just know that there is still deeper stuff there. I will see how the writeups go. ::g

Fred,
a short video made a few days ago
first release 2020 first gold ring (18k)

sorry for the sound, there was a lot of wind
beginning of storm ...
deep targets in black sand

the pictures speak for themselves
there is very little detector to get this ring at this depth ;)
it's a small ring diameter

I'll try to share the sound, on a next video
I need a better, weather ..

PI Fisher--Aquamanta / Pulsepowers Goldscan 5C / Vista Gold / Nexus Coronado

forgive my english ...

sandman
Posts: 253
Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:27 pm
Location: taunton somerset
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 11 times

Re: Fisher Impulse AQ

Post by sandman »

very interested , when can I buy 1.
nox
seahunter
ctx
deus

Fusion
Posts: 4962
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:47 am
Location: Herts
Has thanked: 16 times
Been thanked: 631 times

Re: Fisher Impulse AQ

Post by Fusion »

"Can the charger charge both [batteries] at the same time?"
I've seen good pics of the production machine, and the charger just has one cable coming out of it, to fit into one battery pack. And it's rated at 400 mA max charge current, so I doubt it's a rapid charger, maybe 5 hours minimum from flat ?

"Very interested, when can I buy one?"
I don't think you should be too optimistic, there seems to have been plenty of bureaucracy problems getting it through the legal processes, electrical interference testing, etc.

Post Reply

Return to “Fisher Forum”