fisher

Topics related to Fisher metal detectors here, Off topic posts will be removed.
Fisher Videos
charwally06

fisher

Post by charwally06 »

could anyone please tell me what a Fisher 1266x Metal detector is like, and would one in excellent condition be worth £100?

Owner of ace150 garrett md
owner of ace 250 garret md
garrett pro pinpointer,
home made sand scoop
and a lot of hope

Koala

Re: fisher

Post by Koala »

I use a 1265X as my main detector.

If you walk over it. It beeps. What more could you ask for.

one of the best in draught conditions. Not so good on clay fields full of cow wee. Still gives modern machines a run for their money

simple to use. Discrimination and sensitivity are the only controls.

All metal mode / pinpointing also works well.

I don't know if a ton is a Good price

charwally06

Post by charwally06 »

thanks
Owner of ace150 garrett md
owner of ace 250 garret md
garrett pro pinpointer,
home made sand scoop
and a lot of hope

Bors

Post by Bors »

The Fisher 1266x still has an attractive pull factor because in its day it was a deep seeking detector.
Of course because of its age its not got the technology that today's detectors can provide you but if it`s working as it should they are a good deep detector to have and although they can be perceptible for a liking for Iron, If you kept it long enough you can get to recognize Iron when you come across it, but it`s like anything else you have to be patient and LEARN how it ticks , otherwise If your not willing to be patient and learen its ways , don`t bother buying it.
They have a duel discrimination system which works as, you set Disc 1 at say 2 or 3, and you then set Disc 2 higher at 4 or 5 . The Idea is you search in Disc 1 and then check the find in Disc 2. The manual download is here.>>> http://www.fisherlab.com/hobby/manuals/1266-X.pdf
£100 is a bit below par for these old campaigners even these days 35 years on ,as they were up to quite recently still being asked £250 on eBay in excellent condition by owners, so at £100 it `might` be in need of some TLC and may have something on it not working quite as it should , so I`d make sure its in full working order if I was considering one.
But overall they are by many considered a legend of a detector . ::g
Beware of the Man who shoots with only One gun.

Sparte

Post by Sparte »

If it's in excellent condition, £100 is a bargain! I've seen ones sold as "spares or repairs" go for more than that.

I still use my 1266 regularly. It is a simple switch on and go machine but the more you use it, the more you understand what it is telling you...it "talks" to you.

If you don't want it, I'll have it as a back-up ;)

littleboot

Post by littleboot »

As long as its in full working order you simply can't lose at that price. it will always make a very capable back-up machine if you decide to upgrade later.
I don't get too worried about levels of technology....yes modern machines are excellent....but when i hear people saying something is too old to do a job must have forgotten how much stuff we oldsters managed to find with that Old Skool kit!
It will find you some nice finds and is able to do so at decent depth. It isn't much of a risk, is it?
Equinox 600, GMP, wellies.

Return to “Fisher Forum”