Test Blisstool

Only topics related to Blisstool metal detectors here, Off topic posts will be removed.
lukewarm

Test Blisstool

Post by lukewarm » Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:24 pm

Hi All

I have been considering a Blisstool for a while and I have been put off by the complexity of using it. If anyone in the Midlands fancies a sharing their knowledge then you could bring their Blisstool along join me on one of my favorite permissions in order to see how it works. I would have to sell a couple of my hoard hunting machines to fund the purchase so want to make sure it would be a good investment before I take the plunge.

Please PM Me if you have a V3-V6 and can help

Cheers
Alan

Equinox 800 - 6 coil - MX25 probe
XP Deus - WS4 Backphones - 9HF, 11 & 13x11 Coils - Mi6
Whites TRX Probe
Red Knees

ray835

Re: Test Blisstool

Post by ray835 » Fri Dec 04, 2015 6:15 pm

looks like blisstool uk has bit the dust and is no more..
xp deus v3.2 ws5 phones..(one mans rubbish is another mans treasure)
optimism is finding a horse shoe then looking for the horse..

muddy fingers

Post by muddy fingers » Fri Dec 04, 2015 7:17 pm

Unfortunately, for health reasons the UK distributor has had to give up his business. Anybody with a Blisstool in the UK or who proposes getting a new one will now have to deal direct with the Bulgarian manufacturer. That manufacturer is doing his best to reassure everyone here that he will provide a good back up service, but obviously having to pay postage to Bulgaria, should anything go wrong, may put a lot of people off.

I've always found my machine (V3) to be well made and reliable and from what I hear, the newer models, V5 and V6 are easier to set up and use than was the case with the V3. I would like them to come down in price though. As has been discussed in another topic, it may be the case that you are expected to pay a premium if your detector brand has UK based dealers.

lukewarm

Post by lukewarm » Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:23 pm

Shame, they look like a good machine but the website selling them was so confusing I had no confidence to buy one
Equinox 800 - 6 coil - MX25 probe
XP Deus - WS4 Backphones - 9HF, 11 & 13x11 Coils - Mi6
Whites TRX Probe
Red Knees

JBM

Post by JBM » Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:29 pm

Blisstool were a bit like Marmite. ;) Jerry.

Koala

Post by Koala » Tue Dec 22, 2015 10:56 pm

Been out on rallies a few time with two people who have been using a Blisstool. Both had not had them too long and were still getting use to them. One thing I did notice both were constantly messing with the controls and re ground balancing. Could not tell which models though.

Mega B

Post by Mega B » Wed Dec 23, 2015 2:18 am

The Bliss is a very interesting detector and no questions about it being deep,but its the backup support that would worry me especially without any UK repair facility.Gut feeling sales that had been stable could drop a little for this reason.

muddy fingers

Post by muddy fingers » Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:06 am

Mega B wrote:The Bliss is a very interesting detector and no questions about it being deep,but its the backup support that would worry me especially without any UK repair facility.Gut feeling sales that had been stable could drop a little for this reason.
I agree with that Mega B. The manufacturer has been helpful of late on the UK specific Blisstool forum, whereas before, we hardly ever heard from him. Maybe he was just leaving everything to the UK distributor. As you say, it's the expense and inconvenience of sending to Bulgaria, that will put a lot of prospective UK buyers off.

I don't favour using my Blisstool V3 (the fiddly one by all accounts) at a rally. There always seems to be a frenzied atmosphere at the rallies I attend, with emphasis on rushing about and covering as much ground as possible whilst scooping up all the easy signals. Here, The Bliss particularly excels on clean pasture where a good depth capability is paramount.

Mega B

Post by Mega B » Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:49 am

@muddy fingers,i think you are correct when you say the Blisstool is well suited to pasture and other situation that require a little extra depth,the Bliss does as far as i can see need the settings to be basically set just right to get the maximum depth but i also guess it requires a experienced detectorist to set it right they are basically not your everyday use detector,but of course some folks will highlight the fact that they do use one.

I also use a Nexus which is a similar type machine to the Bliss and no i dont want to get into the politics of which is the best one out of the 2 brands,i use machines that are best suited to my sites that i detect on.

I hope that they do find a UK dealer/service dept in the UK,the main thing as long as Blisstool owner are happy using these machines,that is basically all that matters.

muddy fingers

Post by muddy fingers » Wed Dec 23, 2015 10:25 am

Some people, here and in America, make the point that because so many people found the V3 a tricky machine to set up and use it had the result of permanently putting them off this brand of detector. From what I read, the manufacturer has addressed some of these issues and the V6 is less problematic settings wise. The V6 may have led to the brand becoming generally more popular among people who had a specific use for it, but I agree, in that I can't see this happening without a UK dealer, or repair centre. From what I gather, a number of machines needed repair after the correct procedure for re-charging the battery hadn't been followed, but this apparently was an easy mistake to make. Possibly an instance of where the manufacturer could have incorporated some fail safe component into the machine to prevent this scenario happening?

Return to “Blisstool Forum”