Charging Fire Hazard

Only topics related to Blisstool metal detectors here, Off topic posts will be removed.
Post Reply
muddy fingers
Posts: 670
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:25 pm
Location: South of England
Has thanked: 21 times
Been thanked: 23 times

Charging Fire Hazard

Post by muddy fingers » Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:14 am

There is a report of some of the American forums that someone charging a Blisstool experienced a fire at the wall outlet to the charger. It's worth remembering again that the Blisstool contains Lithium-ion batteries and as such, as with all such gadgets that contain them like mobile phones etc. it is inadvisable to leave them unattended when charging and certainly not left on overnight. In this instance, it seems there was a problem with the charger rather than the detector. I know the instructions that came with my charger clearly state that charging should take place on concrete and that the charger should be the one suitable for the gadget it is charging and shouldn't be left unattended when on.

Owain 1405
Posts: 3472
Joined: Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:55 pm
Location: Rhuddlan, Denbighshire
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Charging Fire Hazard

Post by Owain 1405 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:24 am

Good advice ::g Saw this a while back where Bear Grylls started a fire using just a mobile phone battery, shows how volatile they are " onclick=";return false;
History is never black & white, just shades of grey

Post Reply

Return to “Blisstool Forum”