blisstool

Only topics related to Blisstool metal detectors here, Off topic posts will be removed.
GIXXER

blisstool

Post by GIXXER » Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:50 pm

had the blisstool out today for the first time.very happy with it did not dig any iron at all,hot rocks very good discrim did not dig.it takes a bit of time to learn the sounds ,but its very good love it. ::g
only thing some times it can go to deep 8-}

JBM

Re: blisstool

Post by JBM » Sat Oct 11, 2014 5:22 pm

Its a personal like or dislike,with a number of machines.

I had one of the first that changed hands 4 times in as many months.

I watch with interest your follow ups as the months go by. ;) Jerry.

redwulf500

Post by redwulf500 » Sat Oct 11, 2014 8:24 pm

hi stick with it and if you walk over it you will find it, ........... ::g

Griffin

Post by Griffin » Sat Oct 18, 2014 7:02 pm

One off the tricks with a bliss is to have the right headphones to hear the subtle
tone change.

Malinois

Post by Malinois » Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:25 pm

Just got some of these for my V3.

http://www.gear4music.com/Recording-and ... phones/CFG

Ian

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Wed Dec 31, 2014 1:57 pm

Hey Gixxer
What model of Blisstool did you get? I've eventually just taken delivery of mine, I got the V5 and I'm really looking forward to learning it but the weather is not the best at the moment!
How are you getting on with it?
Regards
Foggy

allmetal

Post by allmetal » Wed Dec 31, 2014 4:55 pm

Would love to hear some more info about these detectors and what sort of depths a range of targets can be found at.

What are the differences between models?

One thing I found off putting is the build in battery packs.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Wed Dec 31, 2014 6:49 pm

I'll certainly let you know when I've been out with it, I don't think the built in battery will bother me, they can be changed when done
Regards
Foggy

Blueboy

Post by Blueboy » Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:58 am

I had the V3 & now have the V5 (only used for 3 hours) & never had any probs with battery, I just recharge every other outing. Its a Lipo battery so pretty powerful/durable.

Many arguments about depths achieved but saying that I had some pretty deep stuff with my V3, not had or used V5 enough yet to know if its better but from what I have read stability is better & depth slightly better as well. There is a Blisstool forum where there is a lot more information & video's showing the detector in use, depth & response time trials. You could always contact Daryn the UK importer/retailer as he knows just about everything about them.

Hope this helps you.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Fri Jan 02, 2015 8:14 pm

Hi Blueboy
I was out today for the first time with my new Blisstool V5 and I have to say I was really pleased!
I found it really simple to set up but I have watched all of Daryns vids and read all the posts on the Blisstool site!
I used the 15inch coil today and buried my own targets to get used to the settings, coke can, hammered Lizzy shilling, Georgian half penny, piece of iron and a shot gun shell. I buried them all at 12inches and could detect them all no problem, the purpose of the test was to set my discrimination. I managed to disc out the shot gun shell and iron while keeping a positive signal on the silver hammy and copper coin. I did struggle to get rid of the coke can but I have since been told about another setting which I will try tomorrow.
So happy with my settings I went over some of the field, which I had previously covered with my Fisher F5. My finds weren't spectacular but I did find 3 coins a silver thimble, a copper handle off something, some lead and alloy. The single most important thing for me is, I didn't dig a single piece of iron which I was thrilled about as this field is full of it.
I'll be testing the 11inch coil tomorrow in the same field, it is supposed to be more sensitive so looking forward to it.
At the moment it is a thumbs up for the V5, it is doing what I want and not finding me those deep rusty bits of iron. I've never used an anologue detector before and was a little worried about the learning curve but there is enough info out there to get anybody started, the rest is down to experience.

Blueboy

Post by Blueboy » Sat Jan 03, 2015 12:48 pm

Sounds like you are doing well Foggy. I think with the Blisstool setting up is paramount,

get it wrong = nightmare
get it right = very good detector indeed.

I am hoping to get out tomorrow with my V5 & have a bit of time to play around with it & see how it compares with my older V3 that I had.

I had 3 hours out before Christmas on a not very suitable site (high stubble & high crop) but hopefully tomorrow should be more suitable to get a proper test with it. The 3 hours I did have it was certainly more quiet than my V3 was, I had the stabilisation set to 111 which does seem to work quite well & like you I did not dig any iron except for one piece that the V5 said was iron but wanted to check it was so.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:14 pm

Hi Blueboy
I was out again myself today with the 15 inch coil, ran some different settings, had the gain on max and the V5 was very stable and quiet.
Found a few copper coins but badly corroded, but one is a 1759 half penny I think. I did find a nice silver plated button with "London Assurance" written around the outside.
I'll post some pics hopefully tomorrow of my finds but I think the weather is fine again so I'll be out with the 11 inch coil for most of the day or as long as my arms can last.
Dug one piece of iron today but if I'm honest the machine was telling me it was iron but I dug it anyway. Still waiting for my first ever piece of gold and hopefully the Blisstool will find it for me!
Regards
Foggy

Blueboy

Post by Blueboy » Sun Jan 04, 2015 1:44 pm

Sadly not out today (Sunday) weather a bit crap & have been nursing a damn cold/cough I can't seem to shake off.

Had a gold half sov with my V3 in the first few months of owning it, surprise for me was that the club site had been gone over for about 3 or 4 weeks before I got to get out on it, area was littered with footprints all over the place & was thinking I would not find much. First signal gold half sov so pretty surprised.

Really itching to get out maybe next Sunday if weather reasonable.

jimbotrucker

Post by jimbotrucker » Sun Jan 04, 2015 5:07 pm

I had the v2I and thought it was a belting detector. The downside was it was unusable on coke sites. I tryed everything to get around it but in the end I moved on 8-|
Minelab equinox 600
Quest pro
Two mad dogs
Not enough time in fields :-( too far from the beach :-(
Not enough Land :-(

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sun Jan 04, 2015 5:27 pm

Hi Guys
A few finds with my Blisstool V5. Finds were all between 8-10 inches deep.
If anybody knows anything about the button i would like to hear it, thanks. It has "London Assurance" written around the edge.
regards
Foggy
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Blisstool Forum”