Blisstool no more?

Only topics related to Blisstool metal detectors here, Off topic posts will be removed.
muddy fingers

Blisstool no more?

Post by muddy fingers »

I get the impression, possibly mistakenly, that Blisstool is no longer trading in detectors. Recent posts on the UK Forum indicated that e-mails sent to the owner of the firm in Bulgaria were not being replied to and now the UK forum itself has disappeared from the Internet. Also, I think that the American forum has not been active for some time. The Blisstool was a notoriously difficult machine to set up and use which was a great pity since it had the potential to perform well and achieve outstanding depth. I know in the couple of years when I used this machine exclusively, that I found many hammered coins of all sizes and at a wide range of depths. Many users urged the manufacturer to modify the detector in a couple of ways to make it easier to set up and use but these long awaited and hoped for modifications were never forthcoming. Eventually, especially as gradually there came to be so much else to choose from, it seemed that many people lost patience with the peculiarities of the Blisstool and changed to something else that was easier to use and where there was a better customer service if something went wrong. There used to be a very obliging UK dealer in the early years but he was never replaced when he had to give up due to health issues. As I say, I may be mistaken in thinking that the Blisstool era is at an end here in the UK. It would be interesting to know for certain whether this is the case or whether we just have to await for events to speak for themselves.

Koala

Re: Blisstool no more?

Post by Koala »

no idea if they are still operating in the UK

Did run across someone in a club that ran the beast.

Did appear to spend more time twiddling the knobs and ground balancing than detecting.

pushing a machine to the upmost depth isn't always the best way to be productive. I am sure if they throttled the machine back slightly they would have found more.

Blackadder43
Admin

Post by Blackadder43 »

That is a shame if that is the case
I always fancied a go with one of those, i love the twiddling aspect on a machine.
Might look out for one, but i suppose they will be kept now if no more in production :-/
When you are right no one remembers; when you are wrong no one forgets

Bors

Post by Bors »

Blackadder43 wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:29 pm
That is a shame if that is the case
I always fancied a go with one of those, i love the twiddling aspect on a machine.
Might look out for one, but i suppose they will be kept now if no more in production :-/
I missed this post it seems.
Bruce believe me, you missed nothing. I and another few friends fell for the "hype" and the Youtube Videos and we soon learnt we`d dropped a right clanger. Yes indeed I bought one and while it was "reasonably "deep ,in no way did it ever find at the depths made out by the seller of the Detector. It was pathetic at target separation and loved Iron. Any everyone I knew who bought one, said the same. The detectors were moved on rapidly.
I`d say it was on a par with a Golden Mask 3+ for depth but just had a few more controls. Apparently it was a design similar to the motherboard design of a Fisher 1266 and drastically altered to form a type of Mule of the Fisher machine I believe.How true that is I don`t know though.
It often was very temperamental and could be very unstable . One of the knobs (can`t remember which one) made no difference whatsoever,no matter what position it was put in.
It was heavy after an hour carrying it, unless you bungeed it . Today if you have one you have a job to sell them , so if anyone feels like taking a chance and buying one ,buy at your peril because you can hear the sigh of big relief from the seller IF they ever do get sold. There on eBay for ages as no one wants them, and now they`ve become obsolete in the UK its even more reason why not to get one. Not a detector I`ll ever remember fondly,so you actually had a lucky escape. ::g
Beware of the Man who shoots with only One gun.

broadsmaster

Post by broadsmaster »

The last thing I saw was that ahmed the owner & designer at blisstool, had turned his attentions to electric cars , he supposedly was a qualified robotics engineer....
I too had a dabble with blisstool and had to pay in full in and then waited 4 or 5 months for delivery it was the v4 I think .. didn't get on with it all and sold it , later on bought the v5 because I thought it must be better ??? … well it wasn't for me !!! so that went as well !!
minelab equinox 800
Xp orx with 9" x35 coil

Bors

Post by Bors »

broadsmaster wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:36 am
The last thing I saw was that ahmed the owner & designer at blisstool, had turned his attentions to electric cars , he supposedly was a qualified robotics engineer....
I too had a dabble with blisstool and had to pay in full in and then waited 4 or 5 months for delivery it was the v4 I think .. didn't get on with it all and sold it , later on bought the v5 because I thought it must be better ??? … well it wasn't for me !!! so that went as well !!
Well ,I think It was something we had to try ,going by all the hype in the beginning. It was so convincing yet, in the end ,it was what it was ,a duffer in Wolf's clothing.
I must say though, I really liked Daryn the importer . I truly believe HE Believed in the Blisstool 100% ,and he was an extraordinarily really nice pleasant guy to talk to. Sadly the business took its toll on his health in the end because he took on a White Elephant and it pulled him down,but he continued to praise it right to the end of his ownership of the Forum ,and for his dedication to what he believed in, I commend his faithfulness to the Blisstool.
Beware of the Man who shoots with only One gun.

muddy fingers

Post by muddy fingers »

The Blisstool certainly took a lot of getting used to but if you could get it to run stable it would find hammered coins at good depths (10" -12") as well as quite tiny ones nearer the surface. Iron was often tricky to recognise but eventually it was possible to do so by ear. I agree that the marketing of the machine by the manufacturer was highly provocative, having the effect of stirring up a lot of hostile reactions and attacks which poor Daryn, the importer, was constantly obliged to defend. I do personally believe that the Blisstool was possibly based on other earlier popular Eastern European detectors such as the 'Wave' (similar circuit boards) whereas I got the impression at the time that it was being marketed as though it was an entirely new concept in metal detecting. As I said before, if some important modifications had been carried out as a priority, then it could have been a very popular detector to use in those situations where maximum depth was required. Anyway, I enjoyed using my V3 and accumulated a lot of hammered coins in the two years that I used it exclusively. If the Blisstool had come onto the market twenty years before it actually did, then it would have got an established place along with all the other detectors which people wouldn't have the patience or expertise to learn and wouldn't dream of using nowadays. Its all water under the bridge now as there are so many new detectors available today which have a comparable depth performance and are much more versatile and easier to use.

alloverover

Post by alloverover »

The title of this post reminded me of this song...…….sung by a Chinese singer …………...about a city in England :D

Return to “Blisstool Forum”