Ready to take the plunge!

All discussion specific to the Cscope CS4MXI Metal Detector.
Sinbad

Ready to take the plunge!

Post by Sinbad » Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:36 am

As a novice, and I do mean novice, (I've never used or even held a detector before and don't know any friends, colleagues or neighbours who have) I've been fascinated with the idea of metal detecting for a long time now. I've read a lot and viewed many You Tube clips on the subject. Although some comments suggest that it's difficult to use, can be temperamental and not suitable for beginners, I'm quite taken with the CS4MXi. This is my first and probably most important Post, as feedback could determine my enjoyment and future success in metal detecting. I'm out of the country next week, but when I return I intend to take the plunge and buy one. Any comments, good or not so good would be greatly appreciated. Great forum BTW.

TinTin

Re: Ready to take the plunge!

Post by TinTin » Sat Oct 22, 2016 2:24 pm

Its always great to see enthusiasm such as yours, but my advise for what its worth is, before you splash a goodly amount of hard earned money out on the kit you will need, I would try and get some land to detect on first.
This is always the hardest bit of our hobby and as all land belongs to someone you will need permission to go on it to detect.
I can't comment on your choice of detector as I've never owned one but I do know that customer service from this company is apparently very good.
I wish you all the very best.

TinTin
Sometimes even the devil on my shoulders whispers.... WTF are you up to now

shamenlong

Post by shamenlong » Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:22 pm

HI i have been using the 4mx now for 4 months now as my second machine i found it not intimidating but rather a progressive machine by which i mean the more i have used it the more im learning the tones and with relative success can now determine between ring pulls bottle caps and signals worth digging. although i was told by bleeps thats it wasn't a beach machine but i have had success on beaches and the one piece of land my friend let me dig his garden ,
so to summerise the 4mx is a great machine but you will need patients as a first machine
good luck and welcome to the hobby

Sinbad

Post by Sinbad » Sat Oct 22, 2016 11:26 pm

Hi Shamenlong, thanks for your comments, they are very helpful. I think I have a lot of patience, but as this will be a new experience for me, I'll let you know in a few months.

Sinbad

Post by Sinbad » Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:37 am

Thanks Tin Tin, your comments are appreciated. I have 2 locations in mind but obviously don't know how amenable they will be. I'll let you know though. Thanks again.
TinTin wrote:Its always great to see enthusiasm such as yours, but my advise for what its worth is, before you splash a goodly amount of hard earned money out on the kit you will need, I would try and get some land to detect on first.
This is always the hardest bit of our hobby and as all land belongs to someone you will need permission to go on it to detect.
I can't comment on your choice of detector as I've never owned one but I do know that customer service from this company is apparently very good.
I wish you all the very best.

TinTin

Return to “Cscope CS4MXI Forum”