First outing with 6mx

All discussion specific to the Cscope CS6MXI Metal Detector.
barnabythebear

First outing with 6mx

Post by barnabythebear » Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:42 pm

Hiya,

I managed to get out for five hours on Saturday at a Central Searchers dig (my first dig, felt like the only one without a Deus!!). I haven't swung a detector for 20 years or so and although I only came home with a few buttons It was a fun day out.

I was surprised at the complexity of the tones from this machine. I started with the iron volume at zero as I though it would make it a bit easier and I also tried with disc at zero too so it was a one tone machine and dug all high tone responses. I did dig a couple of pieces of iron but they were large and close to the surface. I ended the day in three tones and preferred this. I certainly need to get back out and learn what the mixed tones are telling me!

Next time I will try the control box hip mounted as my arm was killing me!

I also got in touch with cscope to see if there was any warranty left as the machine was second hand and they mentioned some mods they do on older machines that deal with "internal reliability upgrades". Has anyone sent there machine in for these mods? Any performance improvements? I also noticed a rattle in the box, not sure if it's dirt, would anyone recommend undoing the screws themselves and clean it out?

ta,

Nige.

Tesoro Tejon & 8x11 DD

dexters shed

Re: First outing with 6mx

Post by dexters shed » Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:14 am

I'd say send it to c scope, the offer great service, as for the weight, make yourself up a bungee harness, mine (garrett at pro) feels like it's floating on air

Mayprop

Post by Mayprop » Tue Mar 29, 2016 4:28 pm

Good luck with 6mxi, have just got one myself and has it's first outing on Thursday.
If you have any problems, contact Cscope, don't start taking it apart, they have a great reputation for customer service, and will sort out any problems.
This Forum is also a great for helping people out, a lot of good people on here ::g
Good hunting.

barnabythebear

Post by barnabythebear » Tue Mar 29, 2016 8:00 pm

Ho,

Thanks, guys. Good luck for Thursday!

Nige.
Tesoro Tejon & 8x11 DD

Return to “CScope CS6MXI Forum”