First time out with 6mxi

All discussion specific to the Cscope CS6MXI Metal Detector.
STIG

First time out with 6mxi

Post by STIG » Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:57 pm

Had a cracking day out with our club and a Great bunch of guys yesterday and decided to take the plunge and use the Cscope 6mxi that I've just purchased.
I'd read lots of reviews and watched lots of Vids on all the usual Do's and Dont's Pro's and Cons and I have to say that I was quite impressed so decided to put my Nokta to one side and stick with the Cscope for the entire day even though the Nokta has been and is a Great machine to use.
Not being the sharpest tool in the box I wrote down a few points on Balancing and setting the machine up, I applied what little knowledge I had to the machine and off I went in anticipation on some Huge pasture and rolled and seeded, I had read that there had been some problems with chattering in the past so I didn't expect too much as I knew these fields were a little infested with coke and iron and also had overhead cables running the length of them, away I went ignoring the small Grunts and very Low tones until I eventually hit a Beautiful indistinguishable High tone which turned out to be a nearly perfect square of Lead approx 1cm x 1cm at a depth of about 6.5 - 7" inches.
The thing I found most impressive was actually Pinpointing with the coil only and Not the audio pinpointing feature built into the control box as I have it mounted under the Arm Cup, every 3 sided Plug of Grass and earth I dug and Flipped that day was I would say was Approx 95% accurate enough to retrieve a target from without having to liken the field to the Somme rl; , I have to say that it was a pleasure to use, my only coin Sunday was a Willy III copper which was approx 9" inches down on Hard Packed Ridge and Furrow which quite a few Stunning Silvers and others came off.
Now I'll add that I did get a little chattering going on at one stage which one of our Guys pointed out could either be the overhead cables or maybe because I was surrounded by Minelabbers !!!, I did move away from both and the chattering did stop, any thoughts on that would be appreciated ::g . I would also appreciate anyone using a 6mxi if they'd explain to me in Leymans Terms just Exactly how they set their machine up and Ground Balance it when starting to detect any field !, do you set the switches first !, or do you set them after switching the power on !. Any Tips would be more than appreciated as I can see me and this machine becoming Good Buds ;) ..

I'd like to thank Cscope for their Magnificent and Prompt sales service recently, and I'd also like to thank the Mole ( Neil ) for turning me towards this machine. Thanks Guys.

Dirige Deus Gressus Meos. ' May the Lord Direct my Steps '

Etrac and Tons of Gear

Gold = 1
Silver = 14
Hammered = 1
Bronze = 1 Ring
Copper = 132 Coins
Musket Balls = 53
Bag Seals = 23
Artefacts = 7
Jetons = 1

andy fraggle

Re: First time out with 6mxi

Post by andy fraggle » Mon Oct 27, 2014 3:53 pm

A little tip for you when setting up the ground control, because your up north alot of detectorists use a small piece of ferrite rod (the grey material used in radios as part of the tuning circuit)and pass this over the coil (in air) and adjust the ground control until the ferrite is rejected. I have been told this by a fair number of up north detectorists.

Hope this helps
Andy

STIG

Post by STIG » Mon Oct 27, 2014 4:07 pm

andy fraggle wrote:A little tip for you when setting up the ground control, because your up north alot of detectorists use a small piece of ferrite rod (the grey material used in radios as part of the tuning circuit)and pass this over the coil (in air) and adjust the ground control until the ferrite is rejected. I have been told this by a fair number of up north detectorists.

Hope this helps
Andy
Thank you Andy, yes i have seen this done. Thank you . . ::g

Etrac and Tons of Gear

Gold = 1
Silver = 14
Hammered = 1
Bronze = 1 Ring
Copper = 132 Coins
Musket Balls = 53
Bag Seals = 23
Artefacts = 7
Jetons = 1

THE MOLE

Post by THE MOLE » Mon Oct 27, 2014 4:36 pm

:D

neil.
Just using the Force Image

STIG

Post by STIG » Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:03 pm

THE MOLE wrote::D

neil.

Good evening Mate, been a while since i seen ya round, hope all is well with you and ya Family Neil . . ::g

Etrac and Tons of Gear

Gold = 1
Silver = 14
Hammered = 1
Bronze = 1 Ring
Copper = 132 Coins
Musket Balls = 53
Bag Seals = 23
Artefacts = 7
Jetons = 1

THE MOLE

Post by THE MOLE » Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:06 pm

i just texted you hope your still on the same number, hows it going mate sounds like your impressed with the 6mx ::g

neil.
Just using the Force Image

madproffesor

Post by madproffesor » Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:15 pm

Thank you for a good report on the 6MXI, glad your getting on with it,early days yet, good too that your finding things at a good depth as well.::g Keep us posted, Cheers.
Deus Full Kit. C/SCOPE 3MX.
Men and fish have one thing in common...
They both get into trouble when they open their mouths.

BritishBeef

Post by BritishBeef » Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:50 am

I get a fair bit of chatter on mine too. Lot's of tiny high tone slight beeps. Think it depends on the land though as sometimes I get none at all.

Mine doesn't like electric fences at all and I have to stay quite a way from them or else get a regular high tone every time the pulse of current runs through the fence.

One of my club members has an Etrac and I have to keep well away from him - drives the 6MX crazy!
C-Scope CS6MXi
C-Scope CS3MX
Garrett Pro Pointer
http://www.somersetmetaldetecting.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Addicted to bleeps

Post by Addicted to bleeps » Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:06 pm

Love my 6MX. You only have to see my videos to see what I've found with mine, and that it does well against the 'bigger boys' of Detecting ::g

Even saying that, I don't do as well as some others with the machine, including a guy at my old club called Steve, who used to absolutely clean up with his. So so many hammered coins x;

6MX, I salute you!

Return to “CScope CS6MXI Forum”