Got my eye on a detector.

Only topics related to Bounty Hunter metal detectors here, Please remember Off topic posts will be removed.
Wicksy1

Got my eye on a detector.

Post by Wicksy1 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:13 pm

Hi all,
Myself and a pal are taking up the hobby. We live in south west London and are in the process of buying our machines. I've got my eye on a Bounty Hunter 2200.
We will undoubtedly find ourselves practicing in our gardens for starters then move
onto the south coast, West Sussex area, and we are hoping to join your rally in May.
So that's the intimidate plan. Any views on the Bounty Hunter?
Any pointers to areas south west London / Surrey that are detector friendly?
Cant wait to get going.

Bors

Re: Got my eye on a detector.

Post by Bors » Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:15 pm

Hey a very under rated detector but great for those new to the hobby. A friend of mine bought a "Bounty Hunter Fast Tracker" for his son,and it matched signal for signal anything his XP Deus found on their outings in the beginning of them going out detecting . He was very impressed with its recovery speed too if I remember right.
The company have been around many years now and have survived when other detector manufacturers have gone long ago. Your not going to get the stuff on them that some of the Top detectors out there can give you, but for learning the basics and having reasonable good depth for the money ,they are well worth getting. I`d recommend them anyway .

Just seen this review on it....

"The Bounty Hunter Discovery 2200 was my choice. Very happy. Easy to set. Basically just turn it on and go. This metal detector has given me confidence as it never let me down. It always and I do mean always will find something, mainly coins. I set it up to reject alot of the iron stuff "

Discovery 2200 Metal Detector or better known as Bounty Hunter Discovery 2200 Metal Detector, may seem similar in design to other available models, but the functions are performance levels are unique. Featuring touch pad system along with easy to read LCD screen and coin indicator, it has a 9 segment digital target identification program. The metal detector is lightweight and easy to be carried around. The design is simple and compact with the neutral colour, black.

leslie(nova scotia)

Post by leslie(nova scotia) » Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:39 am

Well me bouy just be one with your machine!

Wicksy1

Post by Wicksy1 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:06 pm

Thanks guys, that's good enough for me.
I'll hit the order button.
Colin.

Bors

Post by Bors » Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:39 pm

Here`s a handy youtube review if you havn`t seen t.....
If you do get it, I wouldn`t knock out anymore than Iron . Ok pull tabs and silver paper tightly screwd up can be a pain ,but the range they fall in means it could also be a thin silver ring , so by knocking out anymore above Iron you stand the risk of knocking the silver rings out also.

Wicksy1

Post by Wicksy1 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:46 pm

Hi liamnolan,
Its done I bought one. thanks for the tips. really looking forward to finding my way round the machine.

Regards

Colin.

Return to “Bounty Hunter Forum”