C.Scope CS4PI Settings Metal Test Video Part 2

All discussion specific to the Cscope CS4PI Metal Detector.
Anubis

C.Scope CS4PI Settings Metal Test Video Part 2

Post by Anubis » Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:36 pm

Hi Guys

I got messaged that I missed some things or maybe did not try other options in the last video, so I have done another video to address all the things I missed or did not try, hope its helpful.

[youtube]be/Xs0S6D6w9kg[/youtube]
Last edited by Anubis on Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Minelab CTX 3030 6" Coil.
Garrett Pro Pointer.
Makro Pro Pointer.
Stainless Steel Digging Tool.
Stainless Steel Sand Scoop.
Minelab Deluxe BackPack.

https://m.youtube.com/user/searchforlosthistory

tantalic

Re: C.Scope CS4PI Settings Metal Test Video Part 2

Post by tantalic » Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:39 pm

I think an answer from C.Scope is in order as I have had the same findings with mine
There must be a reason why they are setup this way
Using a Teknetics G2
Teknetics T2 SE LTD (DST)
C.Scope CS4PI
Stainless steel sand scoop
Garret pro pointer
Ultimate Digging knife
Stainless Steel V Blade Spade
NCMD Member

Anubis

Post by Anubis » Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:00 pm

I think so, I'm considering selling the 4pi and getting a Seahunter2
Garrett Pro Pointer.
Makro Pro Pointer.
Minelab Deluxe BackPack.

tantalic

Post by tantalic » Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:05 pm

Lets hear out C.Scope first as they are good on other metals you cannot really count the chains test as all detectors are bad with chains as they only see each link and not the whole chain
Using a Teknetics G2
C.Scope CS4PI
Garret pro pointer
Ultimate Digging knife
NCMD Member

Anubis

Post by Anubis » Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:20 pm

tantalic wrote:Lets hear out C.Scope first as they are good on other metals you cannot really count the chains test as all detectors are bad with chains as they only see each link and not the whole chain
Sounds like a plan ::g
Garrett Pro Pointer.
Makro Pro Pointer.
Minelab Deluxe BackPack.

tantalic

Post by tantalic » Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:01 pm

Have to wait till monday to talk to C.Scope but if anyone else has any comments on this please do so as all good valid comments will be put to C.Scope about this test and I will post C.Scopes answer on this forum of course I will let C.Scope know about this post
Using a Teknetics G2
C.Scope CS4PI
Garret pro pointer
Ultimate Digging knife
NCMD Member

andy fraggle

Post by andy fraggle » Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:02 pm

I will try and get to the bottom of this as soon as possible when I get into work on Monday. What happens when you have the frequency control set to maximum? Whenever I use a 4PI I tend to set the sens control just under audio threshold and the frequency control to maximum.

tinsmith

Post by tinsmith » Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:37 pm

Remember reading years ago that alot of detectors struggle to find chains on the beach
You dont seem to see that many found in the beach section :(
Having said this i did find a watch type fob chain (possibaley silver ) afew years a go with a sov gt at brid on the wet

Anubis

Post by Anubis » Sat Aug 31, 2013 7:48 pm

andy fraggle wrote:I will try and get to the bottom of this as soon as possible when I get into work on Monday. What happens when you have the frequency control set to maximum? Whenever I use a 4PI I tend to set the sens control just under audio threshold and the frequency control to maximum.

Here is the first video

[youtube]yyNuv8UW8L4[/youtube]
Garrett Pro Pointer.
Makro Pro Pointer.
Minelab Deluxe BackPack.

tantalic

Post by tantalic » Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:31 pm

andy fraggle wrote:I will try and get to the bottom of this as soon as possible when I get into work on Monday. What happens when you have the frequency control set to maximum? Whenever I use a 4PI I tend to set the sens control just under audio threshold and the frequency control to maximum.
I was going to phone C.Scope monday morning about this matter but as you work there Andy & are now aware of this post I will await a reply through this forum post or PM

David
Using a Teknetics G2
C.Scope CS4PI
Garret pro pointer
Ultimate Digging knife
NCMD Member

Watsy

Post by Watsy » Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:51 pm

Interesting video again Anubis, time and effort appreciated.

Anubis

Post by Anubis » Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:26 pm

Any updates?
Garrett Pro Pointer.
Makro Pro Pointer.
Minelab Deluxe BackPack.

andy fraggle

Post by andy fraggle » Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:39 pm

I have passed this on to the customer service manager and he is trying to get to the bottom of it

tantalic

Post by tantalic » Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:17 pm

andy fraggle wrote:I have passed this on to the customer service manager and he is trying to get to the bottom of it
Ok Andy thanks I will phone tomorrow to talk about this did phone today but Martin was not around to take my call

David
Using a Teknetics G2
C.Scope CS4PI
Garret pro pointer
Ultimate Digging knife
NCMD Member

repairman

Post by repairman » Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:43 am

As mentioned by tantalic, gold chains are very hard to locate as they are really lots of small pieces of gold, your chances of successfully finding a gold chain are enhanced greatly if the chain is attached to another piece of metal such a watch, cross or other item.
This would apply to any detector, not just a C.Scope.

It is also worth considering that an air test on a Pi is not the same as a "normal" or VLF detector, the "in ground" performance on a CS4Pi will be better than the "in air" performance, whilst the "in air" performance on say a CS3MX-i would be better than it's "in ground" performance.

My personal preference when using a CS4Pi is to set the frequency to maximum (just back off a little if you receive any interfering signals) and set the Tune/Threshold to just below audio threshold.

The CS4Pi is certainly one of our best sellers and at £ 325.00, we think, represents excellent value.
Last edited by repairman on Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

repairman

Post by repairman » Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:45 am

Sorry for the delay in replying, our firewall security level is set to "high".

tantalic

Post by tantalic » Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:46 pm

My CS4PI is now in the process of being sorted out by C.Scope ::g
Using a Teknetics G2
C.Scope CS4PI
Garret pro pointer
Ultimate Digging knife
NCMD Member

housed

Post by housed » Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:33 pm

does that mean there is something currently 'wrong' with the that c-scope are fixing as repairman's post seems to imply there isn't anything wrong?

I was thinking about buying a cs4pi for the beach but would rather not have to buy one if they are currently fixing 'something'.
http://theresponsibledetectorist.blogspot.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hard2find

Post by Hard2find » Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:07 pm

I'm watching this post closely as im due to order mine on Friday.
C-Scope CS4PI
3 fishing weights
2 car exhausts

repairman

Post by repairman » Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:29 pm

Hi, just to allay any worries,

We are looking at that particular customer's CS4Pi to check it is OK as he reported an issue with it
(nothing to do with gold chains !).

If any one feels their detector (C.Scope) is not working correctly, do contact us first on (01233) 629181 and we will do our best to sort things out for you.

Addicted to bleeps

Post by Addicted to bleeps » Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:44 pm

I'm going to pipe in here.

I have a good relationship with the Cscope lads, and have been lucky enough to try out some of their models in return for some review videos. Many people have asked me what they think, and I reply honestly. Infact, a LOT of people ask me what I think, which is something I'm going to have to slow down on soon.

I try to help people where I can (Karma and all that), but I'm getting more & more busy, and I'm not being paid by Cscope, or affiliated in anyway. So if you're thinking about asking me what I think about the CS4PI, please read here, rather than any more PM's or youtube messages please. I'm getting bogged down! This is just one model, and I also get asked a lot about the others.

Ok, firstly, I have no frame of reference concerning other detectors. The only beach model I've used is the CS4PI. I do love it, but was unaware of the Gold chain 'problem'. If any of you watch my videos (especially the new Beach coin challenge ones) it stands up against plenty of top models when on the beach. You have no discrimination, so you'll dig everything. But you won't be missing much. I've had people walk over objects, only to walk behind them, and pick something up.

What confuses me a little is that I have found a lovely Silver Tiffany pendent with the 4PI. But I didn't find the Pendant itself, I found it via the very small silver chain that was hanging off it. Surely this would be similar to the gold situation? It was a clear enough signal for me to want to dig it. It was very thin.

I've found TONS of coins.

I've found no rings, apart from a costume one, which really pinged.

I've found a lovely silver Bracelet, which also really pinged.

Personally, I have confidence in the machine, and enjoy using it. Its simple, but powerful. But again, I have no frame of reference concerning other machines. But at the price it is, it has to be a strong contender for the best beach model at its price, and around its price.

I love it.

So...that being said, I can now copy and paste this comment onto notepad, so I can re-use it when I get asked the question next!

I'm really interested in seeing the outcome of this.

chesters4

Post by chesters4 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:34 pm

I am watching as well ,i bought one last week but havnt used it yet ,if its an issue with the electronics hopefully CScope will admit it and recall the machines concerned for repair.
You buy a PI on the basis it finds "everything" but if your happy digging iron as part and parcel of finding any gold and its not finding the gold then its pretty pointless you might as well use a VLF machine and not find the iron
Rings are rings whatever they are made from and sing out on the cheapest of machines a PI has little advantage over aVLF machine on wet sand if you can get it to ground balance ok regarding rings,i noticed on the video the objects were very close to the coil as well but the signals dire ,far different to what i expected on a supposed deep seeking machine?
I certainly hope i havnt wasted 250 quid (new not sure how the 325 is justified in a competitive market)
I have found over the many years i have been detecting 2 thin gold chains in wet sand admittedly very bad signals both had tied themselves in knots one so tight it broke trying to tease it apart but if these modern motion machines have a problem with chains i would regard them as not fit for purpose if they are failing in the very limited scope they are being put to and are designed for which is coping with salt water and responding to metal ,they dont even have to give a hint what it is!

Any one with an old 6pi they compare chains on ,if they can see them and not the 4pi then somerhings not right

tantalic

Post by tantalic » Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:56 pm

Hi everyone C.Scope are looking at my cs4pi about the issue of weak signals on small gold NOT CHAINS

Talking of chains I have been out this evening on land with my Garrett Ace 250 & found a 9ct gold rope chain ::g

Also on the beech with my ace 250 I found a 9ct gold signet ring & this find was what made me buy a Cs4pi for beech work because you can go anywhere on the beech with this machine with no falsing at all

The CS4PI is a great detector & C.Scope a very good company do not be put off buying one
Using a Teknetics G2
C.Scope CS4PI
Garret pro pointer
Ultimate Digging knife
NCMD Member

midas
Location: Junction27.M62.Nr LEEDS.W.Yorks.Ex Hunmanby.E.Yorks

Post by midas » Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:08 pm

Well!!!Don't know what I'm doing "right"?"Maybe",I run it "TOO HOT"?as u put it.but have never had any problems with my CS4PI.Has found gold n silver rings on beaches.Just been and switched it on,and it had no problem giving a good signal on a 4g,6.8g10gram ring,and when i swung my chain passed the coil it bleeped.didnt have to ball it up.only thing i cant get it to see,is small flakes of gold.n dust.
Same old MIDAS,Just been resurrected!!
.Living for the moment,Digging up the past,For the future to see!.

FileyLad

Post by FileyLad » Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:18 pm

I agree with Midas, awesome machine!!!!!
XP GMP, WS2 and a SPADE!

chesters4

Post by chesters4 » Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:32 am

Just had time to do an airtest on mine ,totally oblivious to thin gold chain 9 14 or 18 ct and not that good on rings either totally oblivious to 9 14 or 18ct rings unless the frequency is max green, decent signal you will notice at 4" which seems pathetic but i will do an airtest on the same ring with my other machines ,if its not as good as them i need to know why please
Not impressed ,hopefully on the beach tomorrow it suddenly springs to life

tantalic

Post by tantalic » Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:13 pm

chesters4 wrote:Just had time to do an airtest on mine ,totally oblivious to thin gold chain 9 14 or 18 ct and not that good on rings either totally oblivious to 9 14 or 18ct rings unless the frequency is max green, decent signal you will notice at 4" which seems pathetic but i will do an airtest on the same ring with my other machines ,if its not as good as them i need to know why please
Not impressed ,hopefully on the beach tomorrow it suddenly springs to life
This is the reason C.Scope currently have my CS4PI to check it & retune it so as it does pick up rings better
Using a Teknetics G2
C.Scope CS4PI
Garret pro pointer
Ultimate Digging knife
NCMD Member

chesters4

Post by chesters4 » Sat Sep 07, 2013 5:35 pm

Hopefully it was a batch of not so good ones.....hopefully mine is one of them!
Strange its taking so long to sort out
Even stranger someone from the company hasnt given an update

My serial number is 234272 it would be nice if other users could do a test for depth in air of a gold ring perhaps theres a clue in the serial numbers perhaps a design change or different component manufacturer causing the difference.
If thats the depth across the range i wish i hadnt sold my minelab 705 to "upgrade" it to work better on the beach choosing the 4pi and the change a f75 for land,i may have downgraded ( off for a quiet cry to myself)

tantalic

Post by tantalic » Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:08 pm

chesters4 wrote:Hopefully it was a batch of not so good ones.....hopefully mine is one of them!
Strange its taking so long to sort out
Even stranger someone from the company hasnt given an update

My serial number is 234272 it would be nice if other users could do a test for depth in air of a gold ring perhaps theres a clue in the serial numbers perhaps a design change or different component manufacturer causing the difference.
If thats the depth across the range i wish i hadnt sold my minelab 705 to "upgrade" it to work better on the beach choosing the 4pi and the change a f75 for land,i may have downgraded ( off for a quiet cry to myself)
Expect to get my cs4pi back early this coming week C.Scope has said that if anyone else has this problem that they are to phone them about it
Using a Teknetics G2
C.Scope CS4PI
Garret pro pointer
Ultimate Digging knife
NCMD Member

andy fraggle

Post by andy fraggle » Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:46 pm

I have had a look at your detector and given it a good go over. If you want to find out any more give martin a call tomorrow and he can fill you in.

Return to “CScope CS4PI Forum”