New to me

All discussion specific to the Cscope CS4PI Metal Detector.
lonecoiler

New to me

Post by lonecoiler » Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:31 pm

Had a couple of hours out on the beach this morning with my new to me CS4Pi (thanks Jellytussle it is exactly as described). The sun was shining, the wind had dropped and the tide was a reasonably low one. I went straight for the scars on Redcar beach.
I had read members reviews on this machine and they had said to be prepared to dig deep. They were not kidding, some signals were dug until the sides of the hole could no longer support themselves. This detector certainly lets you know when it wants you to dig. The only thing it didn't do was find actual treasure.
I found lots of slag, wire, 4" nails an old one pound coin, a new penny someone had tried to tin to make it look better, 10p towards the parking, a roundish piece of metal I need to have a good look at and a 1916 halfpenny that was so shiny I almost did the gold dance.
Am I disappointed? No, this machine has filled me with optimism, if it's there to be found the cscope will find it

Garrett Ace 250 with NEL Tornado coil.
C.Scope CS4PI

So many fields, so few permissions

Goldstar

Re: New to me

Post by Goldstar » Sun Oct 28, 2018 1:33 pm

Glad you like the CS4PI
Like you, I have found similar items and believe with more experience you may not feel the need to dig for everything based on the tone and size of what you have detected.

I’ve yet to put my theory into 100% practice. I get pretty excited when the detected “foot print” is tiny with the tone being a positive “ping”. I have found a couple of coins, albeit 1p and a 10p based on my limited not very well tested theory. :-)
Garrett ACE250 - CS4Pi

Return to “CScope CS4PI Forum”