My new cs4pi

All discussion specific to the Cscope CS4PI Metal Detector.
Welsh brew

My new cs4pi

Post by Welsh brew » Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:56 pm

Hi all.looking for some help.....hubby bought me a brand new cs4 pi as after much research we reckoned that would be the best for me what with all the beaches we have around us...have been out a couple of times and I do love it,BUT.....I find I just can't dig deep enough to find anything!!!! It's very frustrating thinking I might be missing some good stuff......I have an old viking 7m which I love because its so user friendly,and I've found more pound coins with that than my new one!have I made a mistake buying this model???thanks in advance.

diggerdave1

Re: My new cs4pi

Post by diggerdave1 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:34 pm

High welsh Brew...what a nice husband u have ::g
I can suggest purchasing a long handled sand scoop, not cheap, but will be soo much easier than a spade, if that's what your using now :-/
Your using the 4pi pulse, so your going to dig deeeeep, with no discrimination.
Take a look on you tube beach metal detecting, find a vid where a sand scoop is being used, and u will see how easy it is digging wet sand,,,
That's my suggestion. hope it helps some,
Good hunting ::g good luck

Blackadder43

Post by Blackadder43 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:39 pm

Not wishing to sound condescending but maybe its your pinpointing of the target that is off?

If you pinpiont a few inches away from where the target actually is then you will keep missing it, or potentially disturbing it in the side wall as you dig and letting it fall down into your hole

I would get hubby to bury some objects for you at a decent depth and then let you practice pinpointing the object (providing hubby can tell exactly where the optimum pinpoint location would be for the buried object)
That may help, especially as you are using a PI machine so you are detecting every metal object within its range, which can be very very small bits that can keep falling into water filled deep holes..
When you are right no one remembers; when you are wrong no one forgets

diggerdave1

Post by diggerdave1 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:53 pm

Pin pointing,
Yeh there is that, ::g ,,,,,

Return to “CScope CS4PI Forum”