Thoughts on my CS4PI

All discussion specific to the Cscope CS4PI Metal Detector.
Sirbleepsalot

Thoughts on my CS4PI

Post by Sirbleepsalot » Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:20 am

As this section has been quiet I thought I'd share my experiences over the short time I've had it.

1.Advice here led me to buy one for beach work. Sound advice indeed so read it all, quality, ease of use and great price.

2.Watched videos on YouTube re set up and use. Knew the basics for 1st time out, left knob at 12 o'clock, right at 3. Twiddle each individually to quieten it down. You will learn how to use each to adjust to conditions in a very short time. I walked 6 feet on first use and got a tent peg. Get used to that.

3. Yes, you will dig everything at first; don't underestimate your digging tool. I started with a folding spade with a screw together handle (£25 off Ebay), It unscrewed and folded itself on its own whim. Second was a "shorty" spade of the Draper variety (£8 Wickes) good, easy to carry and unobtrusive but lots of bending and kneeling (I'm getting old, knees, back, patience all knackered). Third was a huge ergonomic thing from Lidl (£20) fantastic but size and appearance make you look like a man on a mission. Sand scoop ordered.

4.Folds up nicely in the bag also available.

5.Excellent battery life, easy 35-40 hours mainly using speaker.

6.You will soon learn to "discriminate" for yourself. Always dig short "punchy" signals in a small area, practice with coins, lead weights and you will know what to listen for. "Wooly" or vague signals may be deep iron but by all means still dig; if you start getting rusty water (not a stomach complaint)suspect rubbish. A test hole over a large area signal may be a spill so I usually do a test hole.

7.Learn where to detect, some places are littered with iron so consider elsewhere.

8.Fit a coil cover and wash it when you get home, you WILL hit coil on rocks.

9. Only complaint as such is no volume control on speaker, I've fitted a control box cover which muffles the sound as a good compromise when others are about. I hate headphones, hence bleepsalot, oh, I do swear a lot as well.

10. I love my CS4PI. I can see her now. Ooooooo..... l;.

Cscope CS4PI

sweepstick47

Re: Thoughts on my CS4PI

Post by sweepstick47 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:58 pm

Thanks for your honest appraisal of the CS4PI. It will surely be helpful to anyone considering a purchase for beach work. In general, detectorists stay away from areas where holiday makers congregate on the beach so as long as that is your MO, using the speaker instead of headphones should pose no problem as far as I can see. My personal preference is for headphones at all times.
Cheers ::g Regards ss47
A disservice is no service at all.

chip

Post by chip » Fri Aug 03, 2018 2:11 pm

My Garrett zlynk ms3 headphones and sender work great on my cs4pi, I just wish I lived closer to a beach.
Garrett AT Max
XP Deus
Cscope Cs4pi

Sirbleepsalot

Post by Sirbleepsalot » Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:15 pm

Yar, Sirbleepsalot 'tis a solitary animal, avoids populated areas as easily spooked so speaker is usually ok, I normally resort to headphones when I see people on the approach, just for an excuse for not hearing their questions unless they seem genuinely interested. I can't imagine anyone else would resort to this however.

If I am getting close and they leave me alone I don the 'phones out of curtesy.May go wireless as I've already broken one pair of phones so cheers for the advice ::g
Cscope CS4PI

edge1255

Post by edge1255 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:22 pm

You're not alone, SirBleepsalot! I too like to get away from everybody and just detect in peace and quiet (bleeps signifying gold rings excepted!) I couldn't ever see myself detecting on a crowded beach, I'd rather do an overnighter! I find it funny how people don't think twice about coming up to you and ask you questions about detecting while you're obviously working an area. I don't have any problems answering questions about detecting or showing equipment to people, but wish they would wait until I take a break, headphones off, detector over my shoulder etc. Maybe they should wait until a golfer is preparing to tee off to ask them about the game of golf, how to play it, what clubs they are using, what make of ball they prefer and see what kind of reply they get! =))
Minelab Excalibur II
Makro Multi Kruzer

lewscope79

Post by lewscope79 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:34 pm

Good observations but headphones are a must with this machine :ml

Sirbleepsalot

Post by Sirbleepsalot » Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:24 am

Agreed, now using Garrett Z Lynk phones and they certainly help with faint signals but that means more digging! Still prefer speaker when beach is deserted though. I might post a review of them after getting used to them.
Cscope CS4PI

Return to “CScope CS4PI Forum”