Got me a 3MX :O)

All discussion specific to the Cscope CS3MXI Metal Detector.
bunman

Got me a 3MX :O)

Post by bunman »

I've been out of detecting for a few years and finally bit the bullet and bought myself another detector. I had a Minelab Safari and it was an amazing machine which I still to this day, regret selling. My next dream detector was the 6MXi. Unfortunately, I couldn't raise enough cash for that one, but I did get the next best one I was interested in, the CS3MX.

I got it off of eBay and after opening the box, putting it all together, I quickly realised that it didn't work correctly. I couldn't get a solid threshold tone at all. No matter what I did, it warbled and chattered, it gave false signals continuously and the pinpoint function was all over the place with the signal. I emailed the seller and just got a load of garbage from him. "Oh it's a 17khz machine, they do that", "You're not using it correctly", "Your batteries are done" and the worse one, "It's perfect, there's nothing wrong with it, I think you're not using it correctly"!!!! AAARRGGHHHH!!!!

I told him I would keep it, I wanted a 3MX and as there were no more on eBay, so I'd keep it and send it to C.Scope and get them to repair it. Give him his due, he did offer to refund me if I sent it back. So, left positive feedback, I was honest, I just said it arrived faulty, I would keep it and fix it and that he offered to refund. The guy then responds with, Detector works perfectly, and that I wanted a refund and to keep the detector!! At no point during our messages did I ask for a refund.

Anyway, I'm putting that horrendous purchase behind me. At the end of it, I got the 3MX and those lovely folk at C.Scope are on the job. Cant wait to get it back and get back into detecting.

XP Deus
XP MI-6 Pointer
C.Scope CS3MX
Minelab Go-Find 40 (my sons)
Viking 1 (my daughters)
Lucky Pants!

Oaktree

Re: Got me a 3MX :O)

Post by Oaktree »

I got my fingers burnt buying a detector from eBay.never again.!!!.i know that a lot of detectors are ok but,once bitten twice shy.ive only bought new detectors since,but if wanted a used one again I will get one from a dealer.

Rob.p

Post by Rob.p »

Good luck with your new 2nd hand detector. I'm sure c-scope will have it running like new when you get it back.

I bought a 2nd hand detector from one of the good shops. Same sort of price as they were going for on the bay but came with a 3 month grantee.
Gives you that bit of peace of mind.
Minelab Xterra 705
1943 George Half penny.
1953 Silver sixpence

bunman

Post by bunman »

C.Scope have fixed my detector and it's back on its way back to me :)

Funny addition to the whole ebay saga, I told the seller what C.Scope needed to do to fix it, tighten loose connections and retune back to full spec. £46 in total which is what I was expecting. The guy replied, saying it was perfect and there was nothing wrong with it and C.Scope were ripping me off! =))
XP Deus
XP MI-6 Pointer
C.Scope CS3MX
Minelab Go-Find 40 (my sons)
Viking 1 (my daughters)
Lucky Pants!

Return to “CScope CS3MXI Forum”