Nexus 30" CC coil on GPX

Topics related to Nexus metal detectors here, Off topic posts will be removed.
NEXUS Videos
AuGold

Nexus 30" CC coil on GPX

Post by AuGold » Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:13 am

I must congratulate Nexus on his new series of video tests using his 30" Concentric Coil on a GPX 4500 Pulse Induction detector.

He is very precise in the way he performed these tests displaying visually every setting to the camera with no tricks hiding things etc behind the camera, everything up front for all to see of the results both in the ground and in the air using different size and types of targets.

Also displaying his coil's capabilities over mineralised ground with targets buried as well.

Well done.

Junior

Re: Nexus 30" CC coil on GPX

Post by Junior » Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:13 am

I've just looked at it .....a beast....but only 600 grams....I've often thought about a nexus detector just as something different away from the crowd so to speak... I did have one of the first rutus and a blisstool detectors but I've always struggled with manual ground balancing a machine and at the time I believe all I could afford woz a nexus that only done manual gb..... do they do a auto gb machine ?

Mr.KJM

Post by Mr.KJM » Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:41 pm

I think the NEXUS 30 "coil test is a remarkable thing to be interested in.
GPX users also have a chance to use this coil, Gerogi feels like a perfectionist.

I am now very satisfied with MP V2 and 41 "coils.

Nexus

Post by Nexus » Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:15 pm

Junior wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:13 am
I've just looked at it .....a beast....but only 600 grams....I've often thought about a nexus detector just as something different away from the crowd so to speak... I did have one of the first rutus and a blisstool detectors but I've always struggled with manual ground balancing a machine and at the time I believe all I could afford woz a nexus that only done manual gb..... do they do a auto gb machine ?
A little correction if I may.
The 30" Concentric coil for the Nexus Standard MP is 600 grams, yes, but the 30" Concentric coil for the Minelab GPX detectors is 1040 grams because it is constructed with Litz copper wire. The TX loop alone is 500 grams in the GPX version of the 30"CC.
Both coils for MP and GPX use the same shell for now (the GPX is to be updated to slightly different dimensions), but completely different windings hence the weight difference.

The Credo DDM and Nexus Standard MkII both have Auto Mode where GB, Threshold, Discrimination and Iron Rejection are all included at the same time. So when the detector is in Auto Mode the controls for these functions are disabled.

Return to “NEXUS Forum”