Macro Racer vs Macro Racer 2 ?

All topics related to Makro metal detectors here, Off topic posts will be removed.
Makro Videos
Digemdeep

Macro Racer vs Macro Racer 2 ?

Post by Digemdeep » Sun Jun 04, 2017 2:29 pm

I am considering purchasing a macro racer but wonder if the racer 2 is worth the extra, or whether the racer 1 is the better buy.

mrix
Founder

Re: macro racer vs macro racer 2 ?

Post by mrix » Sun Jun 04, 2017 5:47 pm

Hello, the original racer is really good value if your on a tight budget, the performance between the two is very similar but on the racer 2 you get the deep mode and you are able to save your settings which the red racer original is not capable of, also the wireless headphones is a lot better on the racer 2 if you decide to purchase them at some point, the old racer had a bluetooth system where the tones are a little more muffled.
Best of luck in whatever you decide ::g
We have both the original and racer 2 on out very own MDF Shop where you have the option to make an offer ::g
mrix

Makro Racer 2 with Free Makro Pointer - https://www.metaldetectingauction.com/l ... ter/104102

Origional Red Makro Racer - https://www.metaldetectingauction.com/l ... age/103429

Offer Prices depend on stock availability.

Digemdeep

Re: macro racer vs macro racer 2 ?

Post by Digemdeep » Sun Jun 04, 2017 8:27 pm

mrix wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2017 5:47 pm
Hello, the original racer is really good value if your on a tight budget, the performance between the two is very similar but on the racer 2 you get the deep mode and you are able to save your settings which the red racer original is not capable of, also the wireless headphones is a lot better on the racer 2 if you decide to purchase them at some point, the old racer had a bluetooth system where the tones are a little more muffled.
Best of luck in whatever you decide ::g
We have both the original and racer 2 on out very own MDF Shop where you have the option to make an offer ::g
mrix

Makro Racer 2 with Free Makro Pointer - https://www.metaldetectingauction.com/l ... ter/104102

Origional Red Makro Racer - https://www.metaldetectingauction.com/l ... age/103429

Offer Prices depend on stock availability.
I am unsure whether the racer will really be much of an upgrade from my Eurotek pro, which has most of the features in the racer, including variable iron audio, three tones, variable tone breaks etc. Obviously the GB feature is missing on the ET Pro as it is fixed.
Are there any actual users of the Racer out there who can give a users perspective of the original racer?
Also, is the MDF shop a normal retailer? I normally buy from mainstream retailers such as Regtons or Unearthed. as I can be sure of backup if I have any problems? How do MDAs compare?
Last edited by Digemdeep on Sun Jun 04, 2017 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tigtog

Re: Macro Racer vs Macro Racer 2 ?

Post by tigtog » Sun Jun 04, 2017 8:32 pm

I bought a racer through the MDF site a while back, all fine and dandy
xp deus

garrett pointer (2nd one) now a makro pointer no falsing
roughneck shovel (4th one) now use a sniper spade
jeff digger

Saffron

Post by Saffron » Sun Jun 04, 2017 8:45 pm

If I am comparing two similar items I try to see what the differences are and then see if in my opinion the "extras" on the more expensive one justifies the cost.

I have not compared the specifications nor used the original Racer, but in my view the most important aspect would be the performance and I am more than happy to take mrix's statement "the performance between the two is very similar"; in which case the original must be good value.

As for the advantages of the Racer 2, which I have, that mrix lists.
Deep mode: This can be handy. But as it needs a slower swing I very infrequently use it for "searching" (only in smaller areas which have produced finds and I am trying to ensure nothing is missed). Where I do use it and find it very useful is if I get a signal I want to check out and the extra depth will often help you decided to dig or not.
You are able to save your settings: I am sure some would find this useful, but I do not use it myself as it is so easy to set up when you turn it on.
The wireless headphones is a lot better on the racer 2 if you decide to purchase them at some point: I like to "hear the countryside sounds" so dislike headphones!. But if you do use them all the time then this could well be a significant factor.

There is quite a difference is cost between the 2 machines, but only you can decide if the extra for the Racer 2 is worth it.

Evan

Digemdeep

Post by Digemdeep » Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:45 pm

tigtog wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2017 8:32 pm
I bought a racer through the MDF site a while back, all fine and dandy
Was it the mark 1 racer?
Also, what sort of modern coin depth do you get on the stock coil?
How do you find the ground balance options?
Thanks

mrix
Founder

Post by mrix » Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:58 pm

Also, is the MDF shop a normal retailer? I normally buy from mainstream retailers such as Regtons or Unearthed. as I can be sure of backup if I have any problems? How do MDAs compare?
Yes the MDF is a little like Ebay but we know our dealers so you can rest assured all should be totally fine with any transactions ::g We have sold thousands of items to date with no problems at all ::g

We also have some of the best prices you will find anywhere on the net.
I am always around to help with any transactions, just contact me anytime ::g
Are there any actual users of the Racer out there who can give a users perspective of the original racer?
I am an actual user and have owned both machines even before their official release ::g
mrix

sweepstick47

Post by sweepstick47 » Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:07 pm

Hello 'Digemdeep' ::g Iv'e owned my 'Racer 1' for just over two years as a secondary machine to my XP Goldmax Power. It's a competent machine on wet sand as well as on inland sites. My purchase was made through this forum's auction/shop site and I made a good saving by using the 'make an offer' function. Great service from the 'site' and from the supplier ::g

How does the 'Racer 1' perform? Easily answered, it's an excellent and capable machine with outstanding sensitivity to small non-ferrous targets. On a personal note, I decided to retain it rather than change it in favour of the 'Racer 2 or even it's cousin the 'Impact'. The decision being simply based on extra features versus extra cost!

It's interesting to note that it's common hear of people looking for a detector/coil that 'goes deeper' (an irritating phrase frequently used in manufacturers advertising literature)! It's therefor equally interesting to note that from my experience and that of others, the majority (but not all) finds have been made no deeper than the top 4 inches of soil.

Enjoy your time considering the pro's and con's regarding the Racer 1 or 2 but don't get too 'hung-up' on the depth question, it really would be shallow reasoning! Good Luck ::g Regards ss47
Arado 130 - Garrett Groundhog - Tesoro Eldorado - Fisher 1265X - Goldmax Power Makro Racer. Homemade Harness!

Digemdeep

Post by Digemdeep » Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:04 pm

Thanks for the info ...
I think I may go for the original Racer.

Digemdeep

Post by Digemdeep » Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:41 pm

The Racer does not appear to have a ground rest under the elbow.
How vulnerable is the control box to grit and water when placed on the ground?

Saffron

Post by Saffron » Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:44 pm

I have never had and issue inland. But its is something I am careful about on the beach.
The shape of the battery / speaker box is such that it keeps it slightly off the ground.

There is actually a stand that should soon be available as an extra for the Racers that would be useful if you do a lot of beach detecting.
viewtopic.php?f=259&t=93178&p=830219#p830219

Also a thread a few months back where various options were discussed, my suggestion was a simple fishing rod rest (they only cost a quid or two).

Its certainly not a reason to put you off the machine.
Evan

sweepstick47

Post by sweepstick47 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:07 pm

Keeping the 'Racer' 1 or 2 out of the sand/surf/mud is simply a matter of attaching a 'bungie'. (I use one only when beach detecting). When searching in-land sites I would recommend buying the two piece 'cover set' which is available as a 'make an offer' on the forum's shop/auction site. They are very well made and perform exactly as they should.

The 'bungie' idea is especially useful when searching the surf/wet shore-line, as it permits the use of both hands for effective retrieval of targets. Speed is often of the essence in such events! Regards ss47
Arado 130 - Garrett Groundhog - Tesoro Eldorado - Fisher 1265X - Goldmax Power Makro Racer. Homemade Harness!

sweepstick47

Post by sweepstick47 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:14 pm

A 'detector stand' will offer no protection at all if the detector is dropped in the surf (as has already been reported on this forum). - expensive lesson! Bungie cheap solution!::g ss47

Macroman

Post by Macroman » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:39 pm

Hi,... through unexpected circumstances I sold my RACER (red)...I am now in a better position and will most definitely purchase a other of the same?
If you want to upgrade your racer, purchase a MARS'TIGER' coil...the improvement is truly outstanding.
Good hunting.. ::g

chesters4

Post by chesters4 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:01 pm

mrix wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:58 pm
Yes the MDF is a little like Ebay but we know our dealers so you can rest assured all should be totally fine with any transactions ::g We have sold thousands of items to date with no problems at all ::g

We also have some of the best prices you will find anywhere on the net.
I am always around to help with any transactions, just contact me anytime ::g
I am an actual user and have owned both machines even before their official release ::g
mrix
Do we get nectar points? LOL

Return to “Makro Forum”