The Nokta Makro Simplex has arrived

All topics related to Makro / Nokta metal detectors here, Off topic posts will be removed.
Makro Videos
tommyb

Re: The Nokta Makro Simplex has arrived

Post by tommyb » Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:46 pm

COIL UPDATE.

After analyzing the coils they have found that the issue was due to one of the materials used.
as of Friday night they stopped production and shipments and dumped all coils.
new material received and are planning resume shipments as early as next week.

LloydF

Post by LloydF » Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:17 pm

Hopefully the change in material won't affect performance
tommyb wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:46 pm
COIL UPDATE.

After analyzing the coils they have found that the issue was due to one of the materials used.
Where did you hear this from?
Garrett ACE 400i
Garrett Pro pointer AT

tommyb

Post by tommyb » Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:23 pm

LloydF wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:17 pm
Hopefully the change in material won't affect performance
tommyb wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:46 pm
COIL UPDATE.

Where did you hear this from?
Statement from Dilek Gonulay Akansel of Nokta Makro regarding issues with the new simplex

JBM

Post by JBM » Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:57 pm

I heard about this coil problem a few days ago, but kept quiet so as not to create a panic.

If I was younger, I would buy one of these machines for devilment.

They will sort out the shielding problem as has another company a couple of years before them.

This is the chance we all take when jumping in a bit to quickly.

I will still watch this detector with great interest even though.

Happy Hunting,

Jerry.

Ajay87

Post by Ajay87 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:56 pm

IV ordered and paid for the Simplex with wireless headphones 2 weeks ago, when can we expect delivery?

Copperballs1

Post by Copperballs1 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:26 pm

Review is in December issue of The Searcher of the Simplex. ::g

tommyb

Post by tommyb » Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:52 pm

Ajay87 wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:56 pm
IV ordered and paid for the Simplex with wireless headphones 2 weeks ago, when can we expect delivery?
UK 2 shipments first one to go out around the 11th of November and the second one around around the 25th November.

dirtdigger1

Post by dirtdigger1 » Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:36 pm

Seems like a good machine, but I will stick to the Nox.

Matt

felixthecat

Post by felixthecat » Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:42 am

funniest advert i've seen.
Garrett ACE 250.Garrett propointer.Draper Spade.

mrix
Founder

Post by mrix » Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:05 am

Lots of off topic replies removed, please remember this forum is for topics specifically related to this New simplex machine ::g
Thanks
mrix

bob79

Post by bob79 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 1:34 pm

Ajay87 wrote:
Hi Ajay, have you or anyone who ordered the Simplex had them delivered yet?

Bob ::g

Junior

Post by Junior » Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:58 pm

Mate got his Thursday from regtons thought he woz 60th ish on the list...???? He's out Sunday on a local rally .... ::g

bob79

Post by bob79 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:09 pm

Junior wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:58 pm
Mate got his Thursday from regtons thought he woz 60th ish on the list...???? He's out Sunday on a local rally .... ::g
Let us know what he thinks of it Junior ::g

Junior

Post by Junior » Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:16 pm

1st day out for him...worst day out he's had he reckoned very quite .. club rally..New fields in the fens....surrounding fields had produced Roman .30 people there 4 hammered and very very mudy ... dug a lot of iron but first time out....he's happy with it ....pity not best bit of land...I'll prob end up with one once it's quitened down a bit and companys have them in and any teething issues are solved... ::g

Jphin

Post by Jphin » Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:03 am

bob79 wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 1:34 pm
Ajay87 wrote:

He still hasn't received his yet.

ratty

Post by ratty » Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:42 am

I ordered one as a back up detector, still waiting .The distributor sent email saying those who don't receive one from the first delivery will receive theirs about a week after the first issue. Guess i'm in the second lot.. :(

bob79

Post by bob79 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 3:07 pm

Jphin wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:03 am
bob79 wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 1:34 pm
Ajay87 wrote:

He still hasn't received his yet.
Hi Jim, has Ajay heard anything from the vendor about when it's due to be delivered.

ratty

Post by ratty » Mon Nov 25, 2019 3:50 pm

Wooo Hooo email from distributor , i have reached the top of the list...picking it up Wednesday.. B-)

Test report to follow... ::g

LloydF

Post by LloydF » Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:05 pm

Currently some available on a well known auction site, shipping from Germany (4-day delivery time) works out about £40 cheaper too - including delivery. I think he may be down to headphone version only now but worth a look if you don't want to wait.
Garrett ACE 400i
Garrett Pro pointer AT

Metallica

Post by Metallica » Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:08 am

I'm considering the Simplex as a starter machine , any heads up on the best place to order one of these please ?
Cheers ...Rod

sweepstick47

Post by sweepstick47 » Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:48 am

Metallica wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:08 am
I'm considering the Simplex as a starter machine , any heads up on the best place to order one of these please ? Cheers ...Rod [/quote

Hello Rod, ::g It's worth having a look here - MDF SHOP Exclusively, Forum members are entitled to a discount with the option to make an offer on some items ::g Regards ss47
A disservice is no service at all.

dondo

Post by dondo » Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:18 am

LloydF wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:05 pm
Currently some available on a well known auction site, shipping from Germany (4-day delivery time) works out about £40 cheaper too - including delivery. I think he may be down to headphone version only now but worth a look if you don't want to wait.
I've taken a punt on one, it was £60 cheaper but that's not the reason i brought one from Germany it's they have them in stock, maybe they get more being in mainland Europe or there's not a big pre order waiting lists.

dondo

Post by dondo » Fri Nov 29, 2019 2:21 pm

I ordered it on the afternoon of 27th Nov, they gave me a delivery date of the 3rd-6th Dec, it's just arrived, i had an email 15 minuets after i'd ordered it saying it had been dispatched, i thought 'yeah right' but it's just been put in my hands by DHL, i've not yet opened the box as i'm in the middle of putting new seals around my shower screens and the wife will be home soon, if she found me playing with my new detector that she doesn't yet know i ordered (the reason i'm doing jobs around the house) i'll be making my own dinner.

Hofling

Post by Hofling » Fri Nov 29, 2019 2:41 pm

Hi Dondo,

so for worked out fine! Great news. I am considering also buying one. I'll check those auction sites, although if not in a hurry I'll favor buying here in MDF shop, to support our Forum!

;)

Tells us how it went after your first use.

Christian.

ratty

Post by ratty » Fri Nov 29, 2019 6:00 pm

First day out with the Herpes as iv'e named mine. Only comment on the build quality is when the lower stem is extended to about it's limit it feels slightly whippy, but that is being super picky and most people wont need it extended that far. The overall build quality is great.
I only had a couple of hours so stuck to the field program and apart from turning the sensitivity up to full i left the rest at default. The balance is nice although i used a sling which i also use on the Deus as i'm a whimp.
The ground balance was also left on auto, i had very little ground noise and Iron volume was default , rubbish targets gave a very deep noise and the average reading of 4 to 10. slight crackle on some infested areas.
All the non ferrous targets were very clear, i did have a couple of really deep targets which turned out to be large steel/iron rings, or hedge food as they are known.
The pics top row brass buckle...squished copper pipe...zinc plated crud..
Bottom row Lead strip ...gilded button ..very thin copper coin...small pewter button.
The other pic is a light box which postie delivered when i was out, only £7.00 delivered ::g
So first impressions it's a good machine and way above it's selling price.
More testing to follow but so far very nice.
I'm keeping the Deus though :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Metallica

Post by Metallica » Fri Nov 29, 2019 7:51 pm

sweepstick47 wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:48 am
Metallica wrote:
I'm considering the Simplex as a starter machine , any heads up on the best place to order one of these please ? Cheers ...Rod [/quote

Hello Rod, ::g It's worth having a look here - MDF SHOP Exclusively, Forum members are entitled to a discount with the option to make an offer on some items ::g Regards ss47
Thats great thankyou , i did have a look at the MDF shop but was a bit confused about the signing in to get any discount or make offers . Do you open an account with them or sign in with your details from here ?
Now if that confused me i dont know how on earth im going to get on with a big electronic gadget for detecting metal lol :))

sweepstick47

Post by sweepstick47 » Fri Nov 29, 2019 8:06 pm

Metallica wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 7:51 pm
sweepstick47 wrote:
Metallica wrote:

Thats great thankyou , i did have a look at the MDF shop but was a bit confused about the signing in to get any discount or make offers . Do you open an account with them or sign in with your details from here ?
Now if that confused me i dont know how on earth im going to get on with a big electronic gadget for detecting metal lol :))
You'll manage without a doubt ::g The shop is a separate entity so you'll need to sign up to it and yes you can use your forum name if you like and add a password of your choosing ::g ss47
A disservice is no service at all.

LloydF

Post by LloydF » Fri Nov 29, 2019 8:18 pm

dondo wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:18 am
LloydF wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:05 pm
I've taken a punt on one, it was £60 cheaper but that's not the reason i brought one from Germany it's they have them in stock, maybe they get more being in mainland Europe or there's not a big pre order waiting lists.
Mine arrived today, everything is all good! The mains plug is a euro connection, other than that it's identical! I was already on my way to the fields when it arrived, so I set it up tonight and will be out to test it Sunday morning. It seems pretty good so far, it's surprising how much lighter the coil feels compared to the 400i.
Garrett ACE 400i
Garrett Pro pointer AT

dondo

Post by dondo » Fri Nov 29, 2019 8:34 pm

ratty wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 6:00 pm
First day out with the Herpes as iv'e named mine. Only comment on the build quality is when the lower stem is extended to about it's limit it feels slightly whippy, but that is being super picky and most people wont need it extended that far. The overall build quality is great.
I only had a couple of hours so stuck to the field program and apart from turning the sensitivity up to full i left the rest at default. The balance is nice although i used a sling which i also use on the Deus as i'm a whimp.
The ground balance was also left on auto, i had very little ground noise and Iron volume was default , rubbish targets gave a very deep noise and the average reading of 4 to 10. slight crackle on some infested areas.
All the non ferrous targets were very clear, i did have a couple of really deep targets which turned out to be large steel/iron rings, or hedge food as they are known.
The pics top row brass buckle...squished copper pipe...zinc plated crud..
Bottom row Lead strip ...gilded button ..very thin copper coin...small pewter button.
The other pic is a light box which postie delivered when i was out, only £7.00 delivered ::g
So first impressions it's a good machine and way above it's selling price.
More testing to follow but so far very nice.
I'm keeping the Deus though :D
I'll try mine Monday or Tuesday, i never sell mine, i had a clear out about 25 years ago :D sadly selling my Arado 120 as good at discriminating as any machine now, i found my first hammered with it also my best condition coin a nearly UNC George the 111 crown that looked like it was lost the day it came from the bank but that would have been found with a £50 child's detector, i'll get to know the machine then post my opinion on it.

Metallica

Post by Metallica » Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:42 am

sweepstick47 wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 8:06 pm
Metallica wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 7:51 pm
sweepstick47 wrote:

You'll manage without a doubt ::g The shop is a separate entity so you'll need to sign up to it and yes you can use your forum name if you like and add a password of your choosing ::g ss47
Thankyou , got signed in to the shop now . Decided to take the plunge and had offer accepted for the discount but no further instruction I can see what to do next . As on going to checkout it's still full price ..have emailed but no response yet , am I being impatient or doing something wrong !?

Return to “Nokta Makro Forum”