Help....please !!

All topics related to Makro / Nokta metal detectors here, Off topic posts will be removed.
Makro Videos
Macroman

Help....please !!

Post by Macroman » Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:20 pm

I've think I've bitten off more than than I can chew regarding the set up of my recently purchased Makro multi KRUZER.
Are there any switch on and go settings on this machine?
Would it be possible for someone who knows about this machine to email me or pm some basic settings.one for beach mode...and one for pastures?
My email address is.. breretoncs at gmail.com believe me this is a real cry for help.
Thanks for reading,and good hunting 👍

Blackadder43
Admin

Re: Help....please !!

Post by Blackadder43 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:38 pm

First of all fella, take a breath :D
Go put the kettle on and make a brew =P~

There is not a machine in the land that cannot be tamed
But
There are also not a set of magical settings that pulls stuff from the ground

Let me have a read on the kruzer, and in the mean time hopefully an experienced user will pass by and jot some starting points for you
Remember, settings given to you should be used as a starting point and then tweaked as you get mor confident in whats occuring
::g
When you are right no one remembers; when you are wrong no one forgets

Blackadder43
Admin

Post by Blackadder43 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:41 pm

I see you commented on this thread here
viewtopic.php?f=259&t=104391
Can you tell us what you found wrong with these settings?
They seem well explained and once set it appears you are ready to go?

andy1973

Post by andy1973 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:57 pm

Hi ya all modes are switch on and go, and have default settings,
Gen -gives u a single tone I think for every thing
two tone- as it says high and low tones
Three tone- as it says high mid and low tones..... as so on

Deep is another I use if I get a squek in 3 tone to try and get a TID which u can also do by using the EUD button (see manual)
I started straight off using 3 tone straight out the box, which I found acceptable until I wanted to adjust more, that is when I found the thread about settings which I linked in your other post.

As I mentioned before I'm still new to this machine and still learning, but I found the settings in the link give a better tone break between three different tones, and a higher gain..(default setting is 70 if I remember correctly)
Makro Kruzer 3 tone
M.A.D member
"I'm praying I find a Hammered or a Roman before my wife... else i'll never live it down"

Bootneck45RM

Post by Bootneck45RM » Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:14 pm

Hi macroman
Use the mmk myself, it does have its default settings, but can be tweaked to your own personal set up.
BUT DONT FORGET, we are all different and hear and search in differing ways and on differing ground/beaches.
Once you think youve set up a decent programne, youll find you need to tweak it for another location with different ground structure and content.
I've put a 3 tone and a beach setting below, try them, see how you get on with them and then alter as the need arises.
Good luck

3 Tone: gain 89, then when g.b'd if you need depth go to 93.
disc 06
notch 07
fe vol n3
t. Brk 05 69
tone 15 50 68
thresh n/a
i. sat 00

Beach: gain 89 / 93
disc 13
notch 14
fe vol n2
t. Brk 13
tone 15 7
thresh n/a
i. sat 00

Cheers and keep on working at it, these settings have worked for me fine but I do tweak them depending on where I'm searching.
Len 👍
Oh and p.s. I'm using 14 frequency for both.
Last edited by Bootneck45RM on Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Go not quietly into the dark night - take a torch and a trumpet! - and cause a rucus!

Pete E

Post by Pete E » Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:26 pm

Quick question for you guys using 3 Tone, don't you lose some depth compared to 2 Tone? I know this is the case on the Racer 2, but not sure about the MMK....
Makro Racer 2
Makro Pinpointer
August EP650 Wireless headphones
TaoTronics Wireless Portable Transmitter, (Bluetooth 4.1, aptX Low Latency)

Bootneck45RM

Post by Bootneck45RM » Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:35 pm

Hi pete E

Havn't noticed to much difference between 2 and 3 tone regarding depth.
If its separation and speed, I tend to stay below 89, but if I need more depth I up the gain to 93(ish) and swing a lot more slowly.
The E.D. button helps to get past coke and other ferrous objects that may be masking a find close too.
Must admit very rarely use 2 tone, so may be worth trying to the future.
Cheers
Len
Go not quietly into the dark night - take a torch and a trumpet! - and cause a rucus!

Pete E

Post by Pete E » Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:10 pm

Hi Len. Thanks for that... if you have the manual for the MMK , it might be worth seeings what it say re 2 an 3 tones setting as with the Racer 2 it specifically mentions the difference.

Other than that, the setting on the machines sound similar...I set my discrimination at 4 and notch out above 95 as those signals seem to be chunky iron...
Ft
On Deep I tend to run it with no discrimination or notch and use it to check the iffy/ non TDI signals I get on 2 tone...

I am still very much learning and still dig a lot of junk, but I think that’s the nature of the ground here..

I am hoping Makro bring out a true Sim Multi Frequency machine to compete with the Nox, but I can’t see it happening soon....
Last edited by Pete E on Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Makro Racer 2
Makro Pinpointer
August EP650 Wireless headphones
TaoTronics Wireless Portable Transmitter, (Bluetooth 4.1, aptX Low Latency)

Blackadder43
Admin

Post by Blackadder43 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:18 pm

Disclaimer to the original poster:
I dont want to try to confuse you with my writings below as you have asked for help setting up your machine, but your thread could prove usefull to you later on when you do start tweaking and of course to other Kruzer users. ::g

2 tone versus 3 tone in my opinion:
May apply to the Kruzer when all things are considered, the theory stacks up

I have never owned a Kruzer, but i did own a machine that had 2 tone and 3 tone option

It was soon worked out that the iron cut off point was different between 2 tone and 3 tone
With 2 tone it appeared it was very generous in how it saw iron targets and alerted in iron tone, potentially (difficult to prove) missing good targets
(The cut off point is considered to be the area between where the machine sees the target as iron as apposed to a diggable signal)
But
When 3 tones were used, the extra tone bridged the gap between the 2 tone cut offs, effectively scaling back on the iron scale for signals
Quite a neat thing where gold targets may be concerned possibly

Maybe it was just a perception as it is very difficult to test and quantify, but the theory made sense

I am not saying this applys to the Kruzer, but may be something to be looked into and tested on a Kruzer
Will be interesting to get some feedback on this

::g

Bibelot

Post by Bibelot » Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:09 am

With the Multi Kruzer, 3 tone does not run as deep as 2 tones or 4 tones or deep mode but 3 tones has blistering recovery and separation.4 tones is a high gain, really sparky. As always the gain of 89 or less gives you a faster recovery speed in the other programs except in 3 tone, it is fixed programmed for fast recovery. Use your frequencies and iron volume to eliminate problems , notch 96-99 to quieten the machine if necessary, nothing registers up there except iron wrap.
XP deus, Makro racer, Makro Racer 2 , Makro Multi Kruzer, Makro Anfibio

Bootneck45RM

Post by Bootneck45RM » Sun Jul 14, 2019 4:46 pm

Beautifully and simply put (and spot on) by Bibelot, 👍

Return to “Nokta Makro Forum”