What settings do you highly recommend for a makro racer 2

All topics related to Makro / Nokta metal detectors here, Off topic posts will be removed.
Makro Videos
Wilbur11

What settings do you highly recommend for a makro racer 2

Post by Wilbur11 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 11:54 am

What settings do you recommend for a makro racer 2. Thanks

mrix
Founder

Re: What settings do you highly recommend for a makro racer 2

Post by mrix » Sun Apr 07, 2019 11:55 am

Hi Wilbur11 where are you intending to use your Racer 2 ?
Thanks
mrix

Wilbur11

Post by Wilbur11 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:03 pm

Hi Mirx mainly the beach but now and again on pasture

Pete E

Post by Pete E » Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:06 am

mrix wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 11:55 am
Hi Wilbur11 where are you intending to use your Racer 2 ?
Thanks
mrix
I've not long had mine, but on pasture, I am running it on two tone at 80% to 85% sensitivity descrim at 03 and iron volume down to 7...

I like to be able to hear the presence of iron even if it does mean things are a bit chattery on ground with a lot of rubbish in...The reason I do this is because sometimes you get what seems to be a reasonable non ferrous signal, but there will be a very short grunt of iron with it. In addition If the TID is giving a result, you will get a good reading of 40 plus but it will also flash/flicker 04 before changing...When I have dug these objects, they are inevitably rusty junk so I tend to leave them now...If I were detecting over cleaner fields, I would probably dig them again, but on the ground where I detect now, I would be forever digging...

Conversely coins, buttons, rimfire cartridge cases and even alloy bottle tops given a much more stable/consistent TID reading and an equally "crisp" short duration tone...

Foil and aluminium seems to be a bit of a wild card but generally come up somewhere around 10, 20 or 32..I think a lot depends on the composition of the metals used, the thickness and also their shape/form...

I tend to dig more of these "junk" signals because in theory the TID numbers can overlap or be close enough to certain small hammered coins or even gold although I have not actually come across any of these yet, just junk...
Makro Racer 2
Makro Pinpointer
August EP650 Wireless headphones
TaoTronics Wireless Portable Transmitter, (Bluetooth 4.1, aptX Low Latency)

mrix
Founder

Post by mrix » Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:54 pm

Hello Wilbur11, obviously the Racer 2 has its Beach mode which works really well, I would personally just stick with that mode at the beach ::g
One tip which works very well with the Racer`s is to put it in Beach mode first then ground balance using the pumping method, after its balanced increase the gain to as high as possible before it becomes unstable, if your beach has relatively clean sand you will achieve some really great depths while using the machine ::g Its very important to place in beach mode, ground balance and then increase gain in this order. I actually managed to increase to 100 gain and keep it stable :-O

I found when using the Racer 2 inland it worked very well simply in two tone and three tone modes ::g Regarding gain I never really had any benefit increasing the gain like I had for the beach, keeping it at default which I beleive was 70 was ideal, anything over the machine starting to pick up outside interference and chatter.
For me personally I am not a fan of chatter " gives me a headache " so these modes were ideal for me personally.

The Racer and the Racer two have really good performance without any tweaking, your not going to go far wrong simply using basic modes ::g

Best of luck
mrix

Wilbur11

Post by Wilbur11 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:18 pm

Thanks for your advice and knowledge 👍

Return to “Nokta Makro Forum”