Makro wireless headphones

All topics related to Makro / Nokta metal detectors here, Off topic posts will be removed.
Makro Videos
silverfox

Makro wireless headphones

Post by silverfox » Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:00 am

I have just purchased a pair of Makro wireless headphones from eBay "type red" for use with my racer2 but cannot find any instructions on pairing these, my racer2 does not have a socket for a dongle as it is the built-in model,
Can anyone help, please? :ml

Pete E

Re: Makro wireless headphones

Post by Pete E » Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:22 am

Sure those are not the original Bluetooth wireless headphones for the Racer and early Racer 2?

The modern Makro wireless headsets that work on 2.4 GHz seemed to be referred to as blue edition and then green edition?
Makro Racer 2
Makro Pinpointer
August EP650 Wireless headphones
TaoTronics Wireless Portable Transmitter, (Bluetooth 4.1, aptX Low Latency)

digger112

Post by digger112 » Thu Oct 24, 2019 1:41 pm

silverfox wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:00 am
I have just purchased a pair of Makro wireless headphones from eBay "type red" for use with my racer2 but cannot find any instructions on pairing these, my racer2 does not have a socket for a dongle as it is the built-in model,
Can anyone help, please? :ml
Press the only button you can press on your headphones, then start the machine. It should pair automatic.

silverfox

Post by silverfox » Sat Oct 26, 2019 5:19 pm

Well, it turns out that these headphones are for the Simplex/kruzer/Gold and later models of the Race2. There is a video on youtube showing how to pair them for the racer2, its a bit long-winded but it works and I can now use my wireless headphones.
There is very little information on the "Red" headphones but as they are made to work with the Simplex I can't see them being very old, they are very light and comfortable. I wanted to know what they cost new but as I said earlier I can't seem to find much about them.

matt666

Post by matt666 » Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:34 pm

Hi I'm looking to buy the new Nokta Makro Simplex but I can't seem to find out if normal Bluetooth headphones will work or if you have to stick with Nokta Makro brand? TIA

Pete01

Post by Pete01 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:54 am

matt666 wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:34 pm
Hi I'm looking to buy the new Nokta Makro Simplex but I can't seem to find out if normal Bluetooth headphones will work or if you have to stick with Nokta Makro brand? TIA
This is a good question that I was wondering myself!- I'm toying with the idea of getting a Simplex in the near future as a back up machine and wondered if my current bluettoth adaptor I use with my Equinox would work with the simplex!. Bluetooth works between 2.402Ghz and 2.480Ghz so I'm assuming the bluetooth headphones/ adaptors scan that range and connect on any frequenzy/ channel in that range. The Nokta Simplex is said to work on 2.4Ghz but is that exactly 2.4Ghz or are they within the range of bluetooth- even if they are working bang on at 2.4Ghz maybe bluetooth devices could still connect as 2.4Ghz is close to the lower range of bluetooth at 2.402Ghz!.

You'd have thought that with all the videos on You Tube of people testing the Simplex that one of them would have tried their bluetooth headphones from another machine with the Simplex and confirmed whether they work or not but I haven't been able to find any info on the subject!.

Return to “Nokta Makro Forum”