drop leg bag

Please post all topics related to metal detecting Clothing, bags, footwear here please.
MDF Auction - Metal Detecting Clothing
THE MOLE

drop leg bag

Post by THE MOLE » Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:41 pm

has anyone got one of these from flea bay, just wondering if they are the right size for tecting as the pic and size given dont seem to match looking at the pic :-L

cheers neil.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Just using the Force Image

Steve_T

Re: drop leg bag

Post by Steve_T » Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:00 pm

I use an identical one, hold a finds box, GPS, phone, leatherman combo knife / pliers etc, extra pockets for some bits an bobs, on my second one now, used to have my trowel and pinpointer attached but have a detecting drop leg holster for them now

Regards Steve
-----------------------------------------------(ooooooooo)-------------------------------------------------
Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value.

Albert Einstein

THE MOLE

Post by THE MOLE » Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:40 pm

well decided in the end to buy one of these for the sake of a few quid. they are spot on. evoloution trowel fits in side pocket pointer in other side and plenty of pockets left for finds box, scrap, phone,etc think theres nine pockets all together.

made a small plastic sheath for the side pocket that holds the trowel so it dosent cut the material,
also inside is lined with water proof material. on the whole pretty good for £6

be aware if you fancy one there are two different kinds, one dosent have the same side pockets so check the pics before you order ::g

you where spot on steve ;)

neil.

Oxgirl36

Post by Oxgirl36 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:13 pm

I have the waist/ shoulder one and it’s about 18 months old. Has worn brilliantly and when they get dirty I just drop it into the washing machine and it comes out good as new again :D

I’d buy another one again ::g
Carpe vinum

XP Deus !!£$ I use the HOT programme on 17khz, reactivity at 2.5 on v5.21 with the X35 11” coil

Hammered silver 2019 - 20 8=ypr

Ten pence!

Post by Ten pence! » Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:13 pm

Horrible things, especially when the weather is warm, personally I like to be able to move freely and find a Molle type pouch slung over the shoulder ideal.

Rhumours

Post by Rhumours » Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:10 pm

Velcro betas away if you have it round an army belt as when you bend down the army belt zips along the velcro undoing it. But you can counteract that by folding the main finds pouch back on itself round army belt also and using the velcro on that to stick into velcro pouch on back of bag. Double attached. Then it's fine.
Garret AT Pro ~ Garret Carrot ~ Piranha 35 ~ rather nice wellies ~ registered NCMD member.

sweepstick47

Post by sweepstick47 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:47 pm

I did once consider such a multi-pocket 'military style' but decided they were impractical for my style of detecting. Personally, I prefer the traditional type finds 'pouch' with a zip section for all the gold coins I don't find! They're strong, soft, spacious, afford safe security for small items (cut fractions etc) and cost less than a bag of chips! ('cos my wife is a seamstress).

As a matter of interest, I also commit everything that needs to be carried, (less detector) to my waist belt (including my Evo s/s digger) which leaves at least one hand free at all times.

In very cold weather, this allows me to operate with my thinly gloved left hand warmly ensconced in said 'finds pouch'. Stay warm, stay safe and be Lucky! ::g Regards ss47
A disservice is no service at all.

THE MOLE

Post by THE MOLE » Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:32 am

Ten pence! wrote:
Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:13 pm
Horrible things, especially when the weather is warm, personally I like to be able to move freely and find a Molle type pouch slung over the shoulder ideal.

out of curiosity how do they stop you moving freely ? and how dose the weather affect ? ::g

neil.

THE MOLE

Post by THE MOLE » Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:41 am

Rhumours wrote:
Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:10 pm
Velcro betas away if you have it round an army belt as when you bend down the army belt zips along the velcro undoing it. But you can counteract that by folding the main finds pouch back on itself round army belt also and using the velcro on that to stick into velcro pouch on back of bag. Double attached. Then it's fine.
it did come with its own belt, not the best . so ive used a 2" leather belt and got the missus to tack the velco part together so it cant come undone but still allowing the belt to be removed :)

roamingrob

Post by roamingrob » Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:23 am

I now use one and find d it great
XP Deus, 11" Coil & SW5 headphones
Garrett Ace 250
XP MI6 pin pointer
Hybrid Spade
" SEEK AND YE SHALL FIND"
FB page https://www.facebook.com/Roamingrob-Hig ... 069738277/

Rhumours

Post by Rhumours » Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:38 am

THE MOLE wrote:
Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:41 am
Rhumours wrote:
Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:10 pm
it did come with its own belt, not the best . so ive used a 2" leather belt and got the missus to tack the velco part together so it cant come undone but still allowing the belt to be removed :)
After tawling the net like everyone else does lol, I found this pouch like you did. Was it going to be big enough etc all the same questions went through my mind. But everything else came with a belt strap. Trowel .... pointer ... which is why I went for the army belt initially. Nice and wide and has great tried and tested historical use. So that was a must to make the load more gentle on the tum. It was either going to be this pouch or an ammo dump. As mentioned more precious delicate finds couldn't be risked in either clanking about so I bought a tackle box weights holder for £5.00 for those. You can change the size of the compartments instantly. I went for this one instead of ammo dump because it had the leg strap. I wanted that so I didn't get the rumpapum rumpapum etc whenever I walked faster when it was full of horsehoes. Unfortunately it was the leg strap that proved it's undoing. When it is full of heavy horsehoes and associated rusty iron mongery if you crouch down it rotates sligtly and it was too wide at the top. The pouch rotated off the army belt as it unzipped so to speak the velcro. This happened twice. Dumping the good's on the deck. That's why how I take the main finds pouch flap and put that over the belt too and velcro that into the fairly pointless velcro patch on the back pocket. Tried yesterday with no issues at all. The only problem I had then is that lot weighs like a safe so went old school back to my childhood and bought braces. Logging trouser ones which are wide.
2018-03-24 07.31.58.jpg
The fabric looks weird in that but it's just a canvas print I just chose digital camo instead. But it's confusing the camera lol.

Finds box for coins etc with removable compartments
2018-03-24 07.36.32.jpg
It's just over an inch deep.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Garret AT Pro ~ Garret Carrot ~ Piranha 35 ~ rather nice wellies ~ registered NCMD member.

THE MOLE

Post by THE MOLE » Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:48 am

i normally take a plastic bag as well, then when the scrap starts to build up i transfer it to the bag. the bag the stays in the middle of the field untill i need to top it up again.

the bag of scrap is then collected on way back to car, saves humping loads of scrap about ::g

f8met

Post by f8met » Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:06 am

I have been using one for about 18 months now. Really good for me. The pointer also fits in the small long section next to the main pouch. Good finds, buttons etc go in the small front section with scrap in the large section. I fold back the cover. I don't use the leg strap though.
Dave
Deus, 9" and 11" black coil
2019 22 Hammered
Hit my 200th hammered!

THE MOLE

Post by THE MOLE » Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:35 pm

i used mine the other day, i think they are perfect for detecting they look kinda large in the pic but they are smaller. il buy another if ever i need to ::g

Dom

Post by Dom » Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:47 pm

Oh... I like the look of that.
Equinox 600, GM5+ and a broken Deus Lite :(

f8met

Post by f8met » Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:19 pm

My only concession to camouflage. Used it for a while.

Dave
2019 22 Hammered
Hit my 200th hammered!

Ten pence!

Post by Ten pence! » Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:36 am

THE MOLE wrote:
Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:32 am
Ten pence! wrote:
Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:13 pm

out of curiosity how do they stop you moving freely ? and how dose the weather affect ? ::g

neil.
When I has the strap round my thigh is restricted movement somewhat, especially when you need to bend down, also in warm weather the strap can trap sweat and rub, it just felt quite restrictive, luckily my one came with the shoulder strap so it's slung round on my back when detecting, as for those Garrett pouches you wear around your waist, I found they slowly pull your trousers down, especially if you load one up with lead etc!

f8met

Post by f8met » Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:42 am

I have used braces in the past.
Dave
2019 22 Hammered
Hit my 200th hammered!

Dom

Post by Dom » Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:47 am

I've ordered one, at the moment I've got a pouch that attaches to my belt and as someone said the weight of the iron and lead pulls my trousers down...
Comes from China so I'm not expecting it soon.

THE MOLE

Post by THE MOLE » Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:40 am

Dom wrote:
Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:47 am
I've ordered one, at the moment I've got a pouch that attaches to my belt and as someone said the weight of the iron and lead pulls my trousers down...
did it arrive ?, whats the verdict

Doyoudigitman

Post by Doyoudigitman » Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:28 am

Hi Mole I got one thanks for pointing me in the right direction,they are a great job ::g

Dom

Post by Dom » Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:54 am

THE MOLE wrote:
Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:40 am
Dom wrote:
Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:47 am
did it arrive ?, whats the verdict

It arrived yesterday.
Tried it on and seems great, the leg strap didn't impede movement at all, I could kneel down with it fine.
The canvas material is quite thick and sturdy, lots of pockets. Enough room for find box's and trash.
Overall it looks very good, though a field test will really decide. As work looks at the moment that's not going to happen till next week :(

SuperRed

Post by SuperRed » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:06 am

For what it is worth: My experience (In the short time I have been detecting again) has been that comfort is really important when walking around a field for several hours, and only trial in the field will tell you what is right for you. I have already seen on here that there is no one-size-fits-all solution for any piece of equipment (including detectors).
I purchased a Garrett finds pouch initially. It is a well made piece of kit and it does the job, however once I have clipped on my z-lynk, pinpointer holster and digger holder it does start to slip down. Add to this an accumulating weight of old iron, horseshoes, etc and I am constantly hitching up the belt with muddy gloves. The solution for me, I think, is a detecting vest with numerous pockets to distribute the weight, plus accommodating all the extras (drink, flask, etc).
After researching a few I have ordered a CKSN Metal Detecting Vest:
By all accounts it is a strong piece of kit and I was really impressed by the company's pre-sales service.
Anyway, I'll see how it goes.
Brad

Equinox 800
Garrett Ace 400i
C-Scope 1220b

“My life has been full of terrible misfortunes most of which never happened.”
"It doesn't matter what you do, just do something: Don't just kill time whilst time is killing you"

THE MOLE

Post by THE MOLE » Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:30 pm

i always take a plastic bag for if the scrap mounts up, no point in carrying it round all day, just fill the bag every now and again and leave the bag in the field till your off home ::g

FUBAR

Post by FUBAR » Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:16 pm

Yes had one for a while now,not a bad bit of kit for the price.

Return to “Metal Detecting Clothing Bags Backpacks footwear”