Light comfy foot wear plus decent jacket & trousers

Please post all topics related to metal detecting Clothing, bags, footwear here please.
MDF Auction - Metal Detecting Clothing
Simonwwfc26

Light comfy foot wear plus decent jacket & trousers

Post by Simonwwfc26 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:28 am

I've been wearing my old trainers over on a rolled field as find they are comfy and light but not practical for digging or wet weather I'm looking for something light on my feet . I did order some bison muck boots wellies but they just don't do it for me ... I also find tracksuit bottoms nice and easy to wear but wanted to look at other stuff and a decent warm coat . Sorry I don't do a dress code lol 😂 I've just got some dpm camo waterproof bottoms

In hoc signo Vinces

jcmaloney

Re: Light comfy foot wear plus decent jacket & trousers

Post by jcmaloney » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:45 am

Decent set of walking boots.
Berghaus jacket & trousers.....the "lined" waterproof trousers are superb.
Always buy a size larger so you can put layers beneath.
Opinions expressed on MY posts are mine and NOT those of any democratic organisation I volunteer for. ::g

TinTin

Post by TinTin » Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:27 pm

Have a look at Englebert Strauss, their workwear is specifically designed for the cold and wet, its the best kit ive ever used both for detecting and work.
Its not cheap but will last for ever.

TinTin
Sometimes even the devil on my shoulders whispers.... WTF are you up to now

Midlifecyclist

Post by Midlifecyclist » Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:00 pm

I've just ordered an PACLITE MVP GORETEX JACKET, some guys in the Wildcamping & Bushcraft groups recommended them. Not a bad price for Goretex and it's brand new not pre-worn surplus.

Hopefully it will act as a good top layer with a merino and fleece layer underneath for cold wet detecting days.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/121823137796
Minelab Equinox 800
Surf Pi
Deteknix Pointer
GP-Pointer 2

Ten pence!

Post by Ten pence! » Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:27 pm

Yup, forget army surplus stuff and get with the modern hi tech fabrics! Look at the sort of stuff hill walkers and the like use and buy that, breathable fabrics are much more comfortable to wear and allow better freedom of movement, in my book if you are going to be wandering about for several hours on a cold winters day spend some money on some decent modern clothing.

Mud Max

Post by Mud Max » Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:57 pm

Soldiers march for miles, they take this into account in the design. Personally I find army surplus to be excellent value for money, and most of the army gear has loads of big pockets ! There's an army surplus store in my town and my best buy was my German Army flecktarn coat. It has upper zip and lower pop studs, so when you need to answer the call of nature you can pop open the lower half and have a widdle without opening the whole coat and letting the cold in ::g They also do lightweight patrol boots for 30 quid.

My favourite online store is Military 1st. Tons of choice and you can return items if you make a mistake, brilliant customer service. Obviously walking gear will have it's merits but Military 1st answers all my needs, along with my good old local surplus shop.
Xp Deus 11" coil
GM5+SE

Jedi Master button finder

Easylife

Post by Easylife » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:42 pm

I normally use hiking boots but my rigger boots are tough and super comfy but have steel toe caps which the detector irritatingly picks up. So I have just ordered some Dickies composite (metal free) rigger boots with a cambrelle lining which wicks moisture away from you - £26 delivered from the bay. They're not 100% waterproof but comfort is my main priority and I don't plan to be walking through any streams so a bit of regular dubbin should suffice, they should arrive tomorrow. I am not a fan of sweaty wellies, most of which are not designed for digging due to lacking a solid shank! And socks rather annoyingly always seem to end up half way down your foot when wearing wellies! :D
Yep, breathable waterproofs to prevent condensation inside, though lined waterproofs should be ok for winter.
Nox 800, 15" coil & Garrett carrot.
White's TDI SL

tigtog

Post by tigtog » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:50 pm

These for feet great boots forget your wearing boots

http://www.altberg.co.uk/product/mens-d ... ssue-boot/
xp deus

garrett pointer (2nd one) now a makro pointer no falsing
roughneck shovel (4th one) now use a sniper spade
jeff digger

Return to “Metal Detecting Clothing Bags Backpacks footwear”