Ultimate Waterproof/Windproof Trousers?

Please post all topics related to metal detecting Clothing, bags, footwear here please.
MDF Auction - Metal Detecting Clothing
Jungle

Ultimate Waterproof/Windproof Trousers?

Post by Jungle » Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:37 pm

Hi

I've been using my skiing overtrousers for MD when rain threatens but the driving rain on sunday worked through the side zip (dispite flap cover) and I got wet. I dont want to lug over trousers around which would get muddy when putting on when rain drops appeared so I've splashed our on these which should see me though to shorts weather again next year. Hopefully they will arrive intime for weekend and I'll post update. " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; although (I got them on feebay)

DEUS 9" Elliptical, 9", 11" and 13" coils, MI-6, Propointer, WS4 x 2, 2nd shaft (Upgrade path:- F75+Sunray, X-terra-50)

Blackbeard

Re: Ultimate Waterproof/Windproof Trousers?

Post by Blackbeard » Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:21 pm

Lets us know how they go... I use Hoggs of Fife Ranger Field Trousers, they are pretty good i was issued them from a garden i used to work in.... ::g

Cheers,
madcow...
XP Deus V4
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Excalibur 1000
Garrett Pro Pointer
Makro Pointer
XP Mi-6 Pinpointer
NCMD

“Only the devil and I know the whereabouts of my treasure, and the one of us who lives the longest should take it all ” Edward Teach

Jungle

Post by Jungle » Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:40 pm

Although no rain or wind, they did keep the early morning chill at bay first thing on Sunday (frosty in my neck of woods) By midday they were very warm (I was down to t-shirt and jumper from 4 layers when frosty) but not uncomfortable, no sweating but they could be too warm in summer I suspect. I wear boots not wellies so the ankle straps worked well stopping the ends getting covered in mud. Zipped pockets on rear mean phone/keys/wallet are safe. I also like the high cut in lumber area. So far so good.
DEUS 9" Elliptical, 9", 11" and 13" coils, MI-6, Propointer, WS4 x 2, 2nd shaft (Upgrade path:- F75+Sunray, X-terra-50)

Jungle

Post by Jungle » Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:50 am

Although I would have prefered not to have been caught in a thunderstorm (with hailstones) and driving rain for 25 minutes on sunday, I can confirm the trousers kept bottom half dry and warm.
Sadly my Columbia Jacket failed its test and allowed water through to next layer.....

Jungle

Post by Jungle » Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:31 pm

Jungle wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:50 am
Although I would have prefered not to have been caught in a thunderstorm (with hailstones) and driving rain for 25 minutes on sunday, I can confirm the trousers kept bottom half dry and warm.
Sadly my Columbia Jacket failed its test and allowed water through to next layer.....
Time flies and they are still good to go 5 years on. I have washed and re-proofed a few times. ONe button gone missing.
However after loosing a bit of weight I did spot Marly Percussion Skinny trousers on sale at £25 and took the plunge, they are less "flappy" in the wind but still have enough give to cope with kneeling and target recovery. Just as effective although there is no thigh pocket. So good I bought a 2nd pair for "best" when out side during the winter. Size S/M=42 equates to a UK 33in

Junior

Post by Junior » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:27 pm

I use cheapo regartta theyre about £12 they are lightweight and come in there own store away bag generally get a couple of year out of them

JBM

Post by JBM » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:32 pm

The best ones that I have ever used are the blue ex RAF ones from e-bay.

I have a pair for walking tail wagger and another pair for detecting.

100% waterproof and breathable.

Happy Hunting,

Jerry.

Return to “Metal Detecting Clothing Bags Backpacks footwear”