Best 9v normal/rechargeable battery for my bounty hunter

Please post all topics related to metal detecting Batteries here please.
MDF Auction - Metal Detector Batteries
Rambocantona

Best 9v normal/rechargeable battery for my bounty hunter

Post by Rambocantona »

Hi all
I have a quick silver bounty hunter,it uses 9v batteries x2.
I use Duracell as the other batteries dont last 5 mins.
Any one recommend any strong normal/rechargeable ones please?
I prefer the rechargeable as its £6 for 2 non rechargeable lol.
Thanks
Rambo

Baffles

Re: Best 9v normal/rechargeable battery for my bounty hunter

Post by Baffles »

I highly recommend EBL rechargeable batteries. The Duracell ultra rechargeables are only 170 mAh where as the EBL's are 280 mAh.

Duracell non-rechargeable 9v's come in at 310 mAh so you shouldn't see that much difference.

For non-rechargeable I would just buy bulk Amazon basic ones.

Junior

Post by Junior »

I'm trying these ...palo 9v LI-ON USB rechargable in pin pointer at the mo.

Description
LED USB 9V lipo battery Battery:

Full name : 9V Polymer lithium ion rechargeable batteries - 9v li-ion / lipo battery
Nominal voltage: 9V
Rated capacity: 650mAh
Product size: 49mm*26mm*17mm

Pros

- Concept. Great concept, perfectly fulfills a market need.

- Design. Indicator on the side and the charging connection on the bottom.

- Both of charging method : 9v lithium ion battery charger & micro usb 9v battery cable

- Smart LED Dedicator turn light : Charging-Red light ,Full-Blue light

- Encourage more people to switch to rechargeable batteries and other Eco-friendly energy sources

- Customer support. Fast and complete communication and support from PALO.

Storage environment : Dry indoor 32℉ ~ 68℉

Work temperature : -20 ~ 60℉

Charging temperature of 32 ℉~ 114℉

Discharge temperature of -4℉ ~140 ℉

Smart LED indicator can be used anywhere,strong power release and more convenience

portable battery charger cord to charge makes it more convenient to works for any USB device to charge,such as power bank,computer,notebook,keyboard etc

Full charging voltage 8.45voltage for 9v li-ion battery,Directly Replace 9v alkaline & carbon zinc & NI-MH & heavy duty 9v battery for mostly devices

Time will tell if any good. 2 for about £12 I think including charge lead from Am a??? :D

Baffles

Post by Baffles »

Junior wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:08 am
I'm trying these ...palo 9v LI-ON USB rechargable in pin pointer at the mo.

Description
LED USB 9V lipo battery Battery:

Full name : 9V Polymer lithium ion rechargeable batteries - 9v li-ion / lipo battery
Nominal voltage: 9V
Rated capacity: 650mAh
Product size: 49mm*26mm*17mm

Pros

- Concept. Great concept, perfectly fulfills a market need.

- Design. Indicator on the side and the charging connection on the bottom.

- Both of charging method : 9v lithium ion battery charger & micro usb 9v battery cable

- Smart LED Dedicator turn light : Charging-Red light ,Full-Blue light

- Encourage more people to switch to rechargeable batteries and other Eco-friendly energy sources

- Customer support. Fast and complete communication and support from PALO.

Storage environment : Dry indoor 32℉ ~ 68℉

Work temperature : -20 ~ 60℉

Charging temperature of 32 ℉~ 114℉

Discharge temperature of -4℉ ~140 ℉

Smart LED indicator can be used anywhere,strong power release and more convenience

portable battery charger cord to charge makes it more convenient to works for any USB device to charge,such as power bank,computer,notebook,keyboard etc

Full charging voltage 8.45voltage for 9v li-ion battery,Directly Replace 9v alkaline & carbon zinc & NI-MH & heavy duty 9v battery for mostly devices

Time will tell if any good. 2 for about £12 I think including charge lead from Am a??? :D
They sound really good! May have to get some myself ::g

Dangerous Norman

Post by Dangerous Norman »

These were recommended to me,

3 Pack 9V 800mAh Rechargeable Batteries and Charger, Keenstone 9V PP3 Lithium-ion Batteries, Low Self-Discharge High-Energy Density Batteries with 500 time

🔋Battery Type: 3 pack 9V 800mAh Li-ion batteries offer higher capacity than the ordinary 9V rechargeable batteries. NOTE: "9V" is the physical size/shape, this rechargeable "9V" battery is initially 8.4V.
🔋Safety & Performance: Keenstone 9V batteries are non-toxic, without memory effect and environmental friendly. Cycles life can be up to 500 times.
🔋Battery Charger: 9V battery charger with 5V/1~2A USB DC input, convenient to connect the battery charger with power bank or adapter that about 1~2A. Max 800mA output, only need 3h to fully charge 3 batteries per time.
🔋Recommended Devices: Great for 9v smoke alarm, wireless microphone, electronic toy, 9v battery smoke detector, remote control, massager, electric 9v guitar,9v battery bass guitar, walkie-talkie, metal detector, multimeter etc.
🔋Easy to read each battery charging status with inserted LED lights for each independent channel. Package Included: 3*Keenstone 9V Li-ion Rechargeable Batteries; 1* 9V Li-ion Battery Charger with 3 charging slots; 1*USB Charging Cable; 1*Manual; 💟18 Month Warranty💟

1. No memory effect

2. Non-toxic chemistry

3. Recharged up to 500 cycle life

4. 800mAh High Volume Support More Working Time

5. Better performance appropriate for equipment like a smoke detector or any device held in reserve for an emergency

6. Come with keenstone specialized charger, which solve your problems of finding a compatible battery charger

Keenstone 9V PP3 Li-ion Rechargeable Battery Charger with 3 Slots

1. It’s easy and convenient for you to charge 3 pcs .Keenstone 9V PP3 Li-ion rechargeable batteries at the same time

2. With specified keenstone 9V PP3 Li-ion rechargeable battery charger, which solve your problem of finding compatible battery charger

3. Equiped with LED indicator light, which allow you to better know the charging state of your 9V battery

Specification

Charging State: Charging in Red; Full Charged in Blue

Smart and Security: Protection of Overcharge, Overdischarge, Short-Circuit, Reverse Polarity and Over-Heated

Input: DC 5V 2A, 5V 1A

Output: DC 8.4V 500mAh max

Dave The Slave

Post by Dave The Slave »

Having had this Bounty Hunter since 2005, the one thing that has worried me about the 9v battery is the connection to the battery terminals.Image
Can be quite tricky to take off the battery and the possibility is there, for the housing to come away from the wires. This has lead me to stay away from rechargeables and use either Duracell Ultra or other premium types. The less battery changes the better.
Cheers, ::g
Dave.
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Garrett 400 I

Return to “Metal Detector Batteries”