Cs2m v cs4zx air test

Topics related to CScope metal detectors here, Off topic posts will be removed.
MDF Auction - Cscope Videos
Barbossa76

Cs2m v cs4zx air test

Post by Barbossa76 »

Well my new vintage cscope cs2m arrived today, and I'm really happy with it, a very tidy working example, can't get out because weather, so I did some air tests, I also cranked up my cscope cs4zx, which does work if you don't move it, I I try swinging it, it becomes totally erratic, any way, I was surprised to find the air tests. Which were impressive, were exactly the same, so I suppose when they were new, the depth was same. Just that the 4zx had more features, and could be changed from motion to non motion, the cs2m has auto tuning, which is good, so I'm.looking forward to getting out, soon as weather let's me, I'll post finds soon as I can, ::g

geoff

Re: Cs2m v cs4zx air test

Post by geoff »

I'm looking forward to seeing your results, I'm a bit of a c scope fan myself.
Etrac , AT pro & equinox 800, c scope.

Barbossa76

Post by Barbossa76 »

Hello Geoff, I'm new to cscopes tbh, I had all my machines nicked, so had to start again, I like the look of the build quality of these, and on air tests they seem as sensitive as any of the good ones I've had, it's hammering with rain, so I'll have to be patient ::g

geoff

Post by geoff »

C scopes are known for sensitivity, and good performance in iron infested ground, and a good build quality.
I'm sure you will enjoy using yours, old school though they may be, they will make finds.

Barbossa76

Post by Barbossa76 »

I'm sure I will Geoff, I was also surprised at the high sensitivity the cs4zx had in non motion mode, nearly as good, hopefully I'll get a coil for it from somewhere, meantime the cs2m is getting used. My nephew is now into the hobby, and is using the go find 40 and enjoying it,

geoff

Post by geoff »

I'm getting to grips with the cs1220, a non motion machine, and really enjoying using it in iron laden ground, though it does not compete with my equinox on depth, it is a useful tool in the right environment, small areas that I want to clean up.

Barbossa76

Post by Barbossa76 »

I'd like a non motion machine too, that's why I wanted the cs4zx fixed as it does both, if I can't I'll either go for the 1220 or the 990. At one point, was out today, and the little cs2m pulled some nice deep targets, although nowt valuable, got rained off, Does you 1220 take different coils :-/

Barbossa76

Post by Barbossa76 »

Another fault with the cs4zx is that even when it does work, in either motion or non motion, it won't discriminate does anyone know if that sounds more like control box issues or coil, any info would be good, :-/

Koala

Post by Koala »

discriminate in none motion is as reliable

if the coils faulty if can cause all sorts of problems. Fairly impossible to diagnose without seeing it.

easiest way would be swap the coil over but would require someone with the same machine.

Barbossa76

Post by Barbossa76 »

Cheers koala, cscope said that they could open the coil but not be able to close it again, I don't know what they could do to a coil on the inside but I was thinking if they could do something, I could get that done then close and seal it my self using fiberglass or some kind of resin, I could wait a while for a spare coil coming up, what do you think? I've never seen inside of a coil so don't know what's inside, and what it installs repairing one,

geoff

Post by geoff »

Barbossa76 wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 3:50 pm
I'd like a non motion machine too, that's why I wanted the cs4zx fixed as it does both, if I can't I'll either go for the 1220 or the 990. At one point, was out today, and the little cs2m pulled some nice deep targets, although nowt valuable, got rained off, Does you 1220 take different coils :-/
Unfortunately not, c scope used to offer a service where a 10 inch could would be changed from the 8 inch,but recently this option is not available.
It's not a DIY job, as the maching circuitry has to be re configured.
None the less, it is a great machine,not very deep, but it is fantastic in iron laden areas.
I also have a second hand cs6mxi, this so far has a lot of promise,but I will wait until I get time to use it properly.

Barbossa76

Post by Barbossa76 »

You've got two good machines there then, I like the look of the 6mxi, Ill just stick with my cs2m just now, I always end up buying loads of machines, I was rewarded last time by having them all stolen! This little machine gives little faint whispers on the really deep stuff, which I always liked, so I'm going to really use and stick with this one, I found a too worn to tell and cut in half coin today. At least at 7 to 8 inches, a old buckle and loads of iron, no discrimination, full sensitivity, if it had been more iron infested I would have discrimed, but it was fine,

Barbossa76

Post by Barbossa76 »

New update on my cs4zx. Today I read instructions on how to ground balance it, and it works great......in non motion mode! In fact it nearly matches it's depth in motion mode? Which I found strange, pound coin in air at 10 inches? Anyway. I'm thinking it can't be that far gone, so maybe I can somehow get it stable in motion mode, I'm not sure if it's discriminating, but I'm really happy it's working in non motion, at least that's something, if it's auto gb in motion mode, I'm hoping it just needs re calibrated, or maybe it's me. Any ideas would be great

geoff

Post by geoff »

Fingers crossed, c scope are great on servicing. ::g

Return to “CScope Forum”