Post of the Month March 2013

Post of the month will be posted here.
yellow

Post of the Month March 2013

Post by yellow » Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:21 pm

Hi to you all.. :)
This feature was something I started last year,which we ran a little then unfortunately I had a change in jobs etc,and it was placed on the back-burner.Things have settled now so we would like to kick things back off,and hopefully we shall have no further issues to keep it running...

Post of the month means not only a great deal to the top three posters,but also to the whole "community" we have here,as its a little reward for the time and effort taken to put your thoughts into words,but also the help that it affords others in their day to day detecting.

The posts chosen this month,have been so for a couple of different reasons,one because we all had to start somewhere,and irrelevant of how long you have been detecting,newbie tips can spring something to mind in all of us,and we may learn a different approach to things,hopefully for the positive.
Secondly,sometimes someone posts on matters a little closer to home,and it makes us reflect..not only about the issues discussed but also the fact that they see us all as friends here,and are happy to share the personal things in life.and thats what makes a forum like ours special ::g

In third place
Problems for newbies between March & August by Glenfiddich
http://www.metaldetectingforum.co.uk/vi ... 10#p400510" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

In second place
Permission request Letter for you to use by The Ferret
http://www.metaldetectingforum.co.uk/vi ... 11&t=40533" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

In first place
Alzheimers ... a meaningful video..By Cantiaci
http://www.metaldetectingforum.co.uk/vi ... 38&t=44449" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I personally would like to say a big thank you to the above posters,for sharing both detecting info and the harsh reality of life.
Also I would like to invite all our members the opportunity to have a say in this feature...if someone is worthy of a mention on this topic in the future,then please send me a pm with the relevant info,and it will be used in the shortlisting process to determine the top three..your input can really make a difference X:)

Yellow [:)
Minelab Explorer se pro
Cp3tt chef phones and a garrett pro-pointer

Allectus

Re: Post of the month March 2013

Post by Allectus » Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:37 pm

Three excellent posts & three worthy winners! ::g Well done all. ::g ::g ::g

Cheers Yellow ::g

A ;)
British by Birth - English by the Grace Of God.

trappa

Post by trappa » Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:04 pm

Great posts, worthy winners. ::g
XP Deus
Sovereign GT

Because treasure doesn't find itself

Dave8472

Post by Dave8472 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:16 pm

Well done to the winners ::g

Dave &*(

Cantiaci

Post by Cantiaci » Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:32 pm

Wow! Im amazed! Thanks very much!,Alzheimer's is a shocking illness,more for the family around maybe than the sufferer but thought that short film portrays how easy it could be to be annoyed by the repeating,and to see it the way it really is.The fact that they slowly become a child again and how the roles between parent and child seems to be reversed.
And a hug,love and understanding goes a long way,even for an elderly child who may not remember!
I hope it may help people at present or in the future?.
Well done to the others too! Superb posts! ::g
Steve
Never give up on ANY field..they really don't make them anymore….

yellow

Post by yellow » Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:09 pm

All worthy of the top spot in my eyes,all had good points to take note of :D

Glen's post contains that many smilies my eyes bleed =)) but I love doing this section...nice to give something back to our good members..

Next month search starts for me now,so get posting

Yellow [:)
Minelab Explorer se pro
Cp3tt chef phones and a garrett pro-pointer

Tomo

Post by Tomo » Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:14 pm

Well done guys ::g
Xp deus

liamnolan

Post by liamnolan » Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:48 pm

Three superb topics that have enriched the forum in different ways. For me it was the Alzheimers video, nobody watching that will be unchanged in how they see the illness. Certainly changed me. :'(
Glen and TF produced topics that will be of great use to members, new and seasoned.
Dave, well done on the hard work you put in and at all sorts of hours, trawling through the many, many other excellent posts. Liam ::g :;@
Deus, WSi's - In the end we will regret the chances we didn't take, the relationships we were afraid to have and the decisions we waited too long to make .. Secretary Irish Metal Detecting Society IMDS

janner53

Post by janner53 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:26 pm

Congrats you three, all great posts ::g.
XP Deus 3.2
Garret Ace 250
http://janner53.blogspot.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I dig, you dig, we dig, he digs, she digs, they dig. ......
...OK, It's not a beautiful poem, but it's very deep.

budwieser

Post by budwieser » Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:40 pm

Congrats guys, 3 well deserved places. My wife works with people with Alzheimers and dementia and most people don`t realise what debilitating disease`s either of them are. Very sad illnesses. ;;z
XP Deus, WS 4`s Evo pro cut digger and spade. Makro Propointer Lots of Red Wine.!
PC and Laptop Repairs, Screen Replacements, Upgrades Etc. Also Some Data Recovery.

liamnolan

Post by liamnolan » Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:21 pm

I agree Neil, can I ask anyone about to post a reply on here to take a minute to click on the Alzheimers video and then make the post as it may be different than what you might have written.
Here it is - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNK6h1dfy2o" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Nite all, Liam I-)
Deus, WSi's - In the end we will regret the chances we didn't take, the relationships we were afraid to have and the decisions we waited too long to make .. Secretary Irish Metal Detecting Society IMDS

Maximuswarks

Post by Maximuswarks » Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:30 pm

Worthy winners well done all ::g
What we do in life echoes in eternity

Return to “Forum Post of the Month Archives”