headphones/internal speaker issue ???????

Only for the discussion of the Minelab CTX 3030 metal detector within this forum.
Junior

headphones/internal speaker issue ???????

Post by Junior » Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:33 pm

3030 ---problem??? When wireless and using module fine but without a coat I put it in my bum bag with the mobile which interfere s with it occasionally so I thought unplug it and plug directly into machine. I thought fine until someone came up to me and said i can hear your machine though it's speaker. All i could hear woz the sounds though the headphones. I've tried turning wireless off on the machine but with the head phones in the machine it still comes through the internal speaker. Is it me and a simple fix ??? Any ideas would b good. Cheers junior

fred

Re: headphones/internal speaker issue ???????

Post by fred » Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:42 pm

What headphones are you using? I think that you need ones which are set up with a toggle switch for both wireless and direct plugging in. :-/
Equinox 800 x2

Digiffys

Post by Digiffys » Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:08 pm

I had the same thing many moons ago,defo need headphones compatible with the ctx (ur30's,gogs etc etc)🖒
History the best story yet!
Xp Deus
Teknetics G2+

Junior

Post by Junior » Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:37 pm

O. Grey ghosts. I'll have to try the ur30 s that came with it and ive some Cheapo s I could try. Thanks. I'll give it a whirl. I wouldn't of noticed it as woz hearing the noise anyhow unless that chap had said. I've looked into a belt clip for the module at joanne allen s but out of stock. Or i could level mobile switched off I suppose.

fred

Post by fred » Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:29 pm

Junior wrote:
Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:37 pm
O. Grey ghosts. I'll have to try the ur30 s that came with it and ive some Cheapo s I could try. Thanks. I'll give it a whirl. I wouldn't of noticed it as woz hearing the noise anyhow unless that chap had said. I've looked into a belt clip for the module at joanne allen s but out of stock. Or i could level mobile switched off I suppose.
Grey Ghosts should be fine if you have the right cable and the switch in the right place. Also worth checking that the plug is pushed fully in, they sound off if you leave about an eighth of an inch sticking out. ::g
Equinox 800 x2

Junior

Post by Junior » Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:36 pm

Mrs is out so out comes all the gear. Ummmm. The grey ghosts plug seemed slightly shorter than the ur30 s. Umm soon fix that out comes Mr Stanley. Trimmed about 1/8 off the insulation. Got to work now. Ummm wrong. Trim a bit more off that's what it needs. Ummm still the same plugged into machine internal speaker still works. Tryed the toggle switch on it still the same. Tryed a 12 inch extention lead still the same. Even tried spare lead that came with the ghosts. Bugger. Get the Cheapo whites out. Yep they are fine. The xp back phones. Yep they're fine. The ur30 s. Yep they are fine. Bugger. So I've now got to use the grey ghosts with the module or on my mates land. Smart. Lesson learnt next time ask before u buy. Any ideas to solve this issue would b great ???

Junior

Post by Junior » Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:46 pm

Just found this dated 2014. I should of done my homework. BUGGGGGER

CTX 3030 - Does anyone have a solution to the headphone problem?

I have a CTX and I also have a set of Grey Ghost Headphones.
It has been a while since Minelab introduced this machine, so I was wondering,
has anyone come up with a solution to fix the problem with the headphones?

If you are not aware, if you use Grey Ghost headphones in the CTX, it leaves the outside speaker on.
I was at the beach the other day and decided to use my headphones anyway because I was going to be near the waves and the water. When I
didnt find anything down there I went up to the dry sand. I was detecting and came on a coin.
With all these stupid new shows out, everybody knows what a detector is now, so when I found a coin,
the detector was making noise outside my headphones as well as inside. I looked up and literally 30 people were looking at me.
I waved at everyone, but I felt at the same time like it was none of their business what I had found.

Does anyone know of a place (beside radio shack where I have looked), that might have a 1/4 x 1/4 stereo adaptor?
Can Minelab supply one since they made a crappy design?

I don't want to wear junky headphones like the koss supplied, they are really hollow sounding. I like my Grey Ghosts.
Does anyone have a link or a solution where I could find something that will work??
Thanks!

Junior

Post by Junior » Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:28 pm

Thank you Biibelot I've opened link and will give it a go. Maplins £2.99 hopefully and hopefully sorted. Once again thank you. Cheers. Junior.

Bibelot

Post by Bibelot » Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:00 am

A lot of people here run a Radio shack 1/4" mono to stereo adapter. Should be able to source one from your area but I only get offers of US based ones in my search, because of my location.
XP deus, Makro racer, Makro Racer 2 , Makro Multi Kruzer, Makro Anfibio

Junior

Post by Junior » Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:52 am

Yep. Maplins is our generally cheapo electronic bits and pieces shop.£2.99. Sorted. Again thank u. ::g ::g

Junior

Post by Junior » Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:11 am

Ref Biibelot. Got the mono male 1/4 Jack to stereo 1/4 female striaght plug from eBay. Plugged a short stereo extention into 3030 then new plug into that then grey ghosts into that. Switched on and brill no more internal speaker. Once again. Thank you.

Return to “Minelab CTX 3030 Forum”