New Machine

Only for the discussion of the Minelab CTX 3030 metal detector within this forum.
kodak

New Machine

Post by kodak » Thu May 18, 2017 11:08 pm

Hello Everyone.
Been out of detecting for a couple of years, Last 2 machines were both Etrac, I got used to this but thinking of starting up again, and was wondering if I should upgrade to the CTX,
Is there a lot more to learn with the CTX or is it similar to the Etrac ??
Thanks

FUBAR

Re: New Machine

Post by FUBAR » Fri May 19, 2017 8:32 am

Yes there is a difference. The question is was the changeover worth it? The answer is a definite Yes. ::g

fred

Post by fred » Fri May 19, 2017 8:56 am

Provided that you can handle the increased (but well balanced) weight it certainly is worth it. ::g I am now consistently finding top class stuff on 'worked out' ground that I was unable to find even on undetected land before.

From an Etrac It is a lot of money to pay for some relatively small changes in performance but they really can make all the difference. The learning curve is long, possibly years, but you can shorten that a bit by watching other people online and reading some of the stuff that has been written about it. I would particularly recommend the recent articles in Searcher.

My only crib is that you have to pay for complete features like GPS that you may never use.

kodak

Post by kodak » Sat May 20, 2017 7:45 pm

Had a long hard think about it, read up and watched loads of video's, and decided to go for another Etrac. Although I'm by no means an expert on Etrac, I do know a bit about it which took me ages to learn, so did not want to start again.
To be honest after from what ive seen and read I think the CTX is just a waterproof Etrac with GPS and different screen patterns, but that's just my opinion.
Thanks for help everyone.
Now the hunting begins. when it arrives :)
Cheers

kodak

Post by kodak » Sat May 20, 2017 7:53 pm

Had a long hard think about it, read up and watched loads of video's, and decided to go for another Etrac. Although I'm by no means an expert on Etrac, I do know a bit about it which took me ages to learn, so did not want to start again.
To be honest after from what ive seen and read I think the CTX is just a waterproof Etrac with GPS and different screen patterns, but that's just my opinion.
Thanks for help everyone.
Now the hunting begins. when it arrives :)
Cheers

mrix
Founder

Post by mrix » Sat May 20, 2017 7:57 pm

Hi Kodak, I think an important upgrade when going to the CTX3030 is the much faster processor which will certainly help in heavily mineralised ground especially when a fast recovery speed is required ::g
Best of luck in whatever you decide ::g
Cheers
mrix

Return to “Minelab CTX 3030 Forum”