First day detecting today

Only for the discussion of the Minelab CTX 3030 metal detector within this forum.
Rosie

First day detecting today

Post by Rosie » Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:17 pm

Hi just joined the forum and this is my first day metal detecting with my ctx .read all the manual and done some research before I bought it ,l was a used machine .I searched in the tadpole mode ,which I seen Gordon heritage recommend ,I had auto+ 3 and I done ok ,I tried to move to manual bul it just went crazy when I went over 24 manual Does anyone know how to make it run smooth like. When's its in auto .any here is my first results sorry it won't let me show photos I can't upload them it's coming up file error
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Oxgirl36

Re: First day detecting today

Post by Oxgirl36 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:37 pm

Hi Rosie

I’ve moved your topic to the CTX section where hopefully some experts can help.

It takes a while to understand what a detector is telling you. You’ll be a whizz in no time I’m sure ::g
XP Deus !!£$ I use the HOT programme on 17khz, reactivity at 2.5 on v5.21 with the X35 11” coil

Hammered silver 2019 - 13 x;

detectorman5050

Post by detectorman5050 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:40 pm

Not a bad little collection for first day with CTX. I've got a CTX too, and really like it.

I don't know if this will help, but my field settings are as follows:

Coin Mode

- Auto Ground Balance, sometimes noise cancel if I suspect there is electrical interference.

- NO discrimination at all. I.e 'accept all' on screen so you see no little boxes on it.

- Deep on.

- Fast off.

- Salt water ON. Yes an odd setting for a field but it reduces falsing.

-Sensitivity. Personally I put it really high, as my ears are used to 'false signals.' However, if you are just getting used to the machine, then maybe try a lower setting around 20-23?

- Separation, I use 'Low Trash.'

- Combined Tones.

With the above settings, I then mainly go with the tones that the CTX emits. Obviously low is often iron, mid often lead, and high copper, brass, silver etc.

It's probably a good idea just to get used the tones first - then try make sense of what the screen is trying to tell you later.

Good luck!
Minelab Equinox 800. CTX 3030. Visua Pinpointer.

Rosie

Post by Rosie » Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:03 pm

Oxgirl36 wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:37 pm
Hi Rosie

I’ve moved your topic to the CTX section where hopefully some experts can help.

It takes a while to understand what a detector is telling you. You’ll be a whizz in no time I’m sure ::g
thank you oxgirl36

Rosie

Post by Rosie » Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:05 pm

detectorman5050 wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:40 pm
Not a bad little collection for first day with CTX. I've got a CTX too, and really like it.

I don't know if this will help, but my field settings are as follows:

Coin Mode

- Auto Ground Balance, sometimes noise cancel if I suspect there is electrical interference.

- NO discrimination at all. I.e 'accept all' on screen so you see no little boxes on it.

- Deep on.

- Fast off.

- Salt water ON. Yes an odd setting for a field but it reduces falsing.

-Sensitivity. Personally I put it really high, as my ears are used to 'false signals.' However, if you are just getting used to the machine, then maybe try a lower setting around 20-23?

- Separation, I use 'Low Trash.'

- Combined Tones.

With the above settings, I then mainly go with the tones that the CTX emits. Obviously low is often iron, mid often lead, and high copper, brass, silver etc.

It's probably a good idea just to get used the tones first - then try make sense of what the screen is trying to tell you later.

Good luck!
thank you detectorman

Return to “Minelab CTX 3030 Forum”