Will there be a Multi IQ3030

Only for the discussion of the Minelab CTX 3030 metal detector within this forum.
DelphiOne

Will there be a Multi IQ3030

Post by DelphiOne » Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:59 am

Had my Nox a while now and was thinking to myself " i wonder if minelab will fetch out a multi IQ CTX 3030 just like the Equinox" What are your thoughts on the matter. If they did im thinking it would be a really big hit. It would have been nice to see GPS on the Nox, maybe thats in the future The Equinox version 2 with GPS.

Your thoughts.

Junior

Re: Will there be a Multi IQ3030

Post by Junior » Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:15 am

Technology moves on ...fitting more into a smaller lighter package would b good, mind u most mobiles u can do GPS via a app, wether it's a toss up between we can't make it too good as owners of the 3030 will b stuck with a 2k machine which then resale would be nowt, some say it's better already though and have moved over who knows bit like cars spend a fortune and loss a fortune on it yearly ???? ::g

CTX_Phil

Post by CTX_Phil » Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:28 am

The GPS on the CTX is one of the reasons I bought it, yes you can do GPS on most phones these days but it's faf getting a phone out your pocket and taking gloves off to use it. With the CTX press a couple of buttons and you're away again 👍

fred

Post by fred » Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:24 am

CTX_Phil wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:28 am
The GPS on the CTX is one of the reasons I bought it, yes you can do GPS on most phones these days but it's faf getting a phone out your pocket and taking gloves off to use it. With the CTX press a couple of buttons and you're away again 👍
Interesting. It was a feature that I never felt the need to use. :D
Equinox 800 x2

jcmaloney

Post by jcmaloney » Fri Aug 31, 2018 3:16 pm

Love the GPS on the CTX, on a couple of hoard sites it takes you right back to the area, which in a 200 acre field is very useful. Even using trees etc as references that only takes you close.
Dead easy to get findspots as well, mark them on the CTX, match the number to the bag. ::g

The thing about the Nox that I liked was having both multi & single frequency in one machine, yet nobody seems to be using the single frequency for "fast-ground coverage" (a la Deus) which seems to miss one of the biggest selling points. :-/
Opinions expressed on MY posts are mine and NOT those of any democratic organisation I volunteer for. ::g

fred

Post by fred » Fri Aug 31, 2018 5:54 pm

jcmaloney wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 3:16 pm
Love the GPS on the CTX, on a couple of hoard sites it takes you right back to the area, which in a 200 acre field is very useful. Even using trees etc as references that only takes you close.
Dead easy to get findspots as well, mark them on the CTX, match the number to the bag. ::g

The thing about the Nox that I liked was having both multi & single frequency in one machine, yet nobody seems to be using the single frequency for "fast-ground coverage" (a la Deus) which seems to miss one of the biggest selling points. :-/
If you want fast ground coverage with the benefits of multifrequency just lower the Response Speed to 1 or 2. You can then swing it as fast as you like and still get a very respectable depth, although pinpointing does becomes a bit of an art form! :D
Equinox 800 x2

jcmaloney

Post by jcmaloney » Sat Sep 01, 2018 1:01 pm

But why not use single frequency??? By default it has to be faster than a lowered response speed in multi?? :-/
Opinions expressed on MY posts are mine and NOT those of any democratic organisation I volunteer for. ::g

fred

Post by fred » Sat Sep 01, 2018 1:19 pm

jcmaloney wrote:
Sat Sep 01, 2018 1:01 pm
But why not use single frequency??? By default it has to be faster than a lowered response speed in multi?? :-/
Each frequency has it's own strengths and weaknesses in terms of ground penetration and sensitivity to specific targets. If you are searching for something in particular, like perhaps recovering coins from a hoard, or if you have the time and patience to search the land in each of the entire available range of frequencies then fine. If not, to me anyway, it seems obvious that multifrequency is far and away the best compromise. :D

Even within the general term multifrequency there is some choice because, depending upon the situation that it was designed to be used in, each preset Mode is weighted towards a different set of frequencies. Also just because a Mode is called Park or Field or whatever there is nothing to stop you using it elsewhere if it gives you an edge. I have heard rumours of devastating results being obtained by using the 'wrong' Mode and this is something that I intend to try out in the near future. :D
Equinox 800 x2

Return to “Minelab CTX 3030 Forum”