XP ADX 250

Only for the discussion of the XP ADX150 / 250 / Adventis Metal Detectors.
Mayprop

XP ADX 250

Post by Mayprop » Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:10 pm

Never owned an XP Detector before, so I just bought a new "ex display" from Regton's who were a pleasure to deal with.
Arrived today, and I've just put it together, really pleased with the build quality, the weight & balance are also great for me.
I have pretty much read all the info and seen the video's, so looking forward to see how it goes.
Happy Hunting everyone ::g
Mike

wallydog1

Re: XP ADX 250

Post by wallydog1 » Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:30 pm

Hi Ya,

I have had a 250 for the past 7 years.. found some brilliant stuff with it from hammereds to Gold sov and 2 hoards. top tip for you read the forum write up's in the xp section under 250/adventis machine as it's the same, read the user set up posts, they really will help. also watch norfolk wolfs vid on you tube.

The secret with the 250 is get to know the iron tone with your ears, and also go low and slow at ALL times detecting with this machine. At 4khz the depth you will get with it is truly amazing, but the trade off is the sensitivity is not so reactive especially if you swish back and forth on your swing.

Literally swing at a snail pace, and with the right set up, which i will explain in a min, this will get your sensitivity recovering quicker. Make no mistake you will pull hammys at 4khz, if they are there and providing they are not on edge, you will hear them. buy going slow, you will be amazed at what you pull out of areas, you dont need to run around the field. dig any quiet and wispa tones, with it being 4khz, on most sites apart from contaminated roman you will find you can have the sensitivity right up to the max!

Best set up in my opinion is set the discrim at the position of "F" for foil and put in D1, do not put in D2 you will lose a lot of depth and sensitivity, when you do get a clear tone without any grunt or chop in the tone on either side of the target, toggle switch to D2 and if it's still a good signal dig it.
But beware some Gold will give a scratchy signal with a little chop on it, but it's still comes thru when toggling to D2, so always dig targets if the signal is still good on D2.

As i said learning the choppy iron tone v hammys, milled silver, brooches, etc is key, so spend time at home bench testing like the norfolk wolf vid, it really will pay dividends.

hope you have fun with it.

be lucky wallydog....

Mayprop

Re: XP ADX 250

Post by Mayprop » Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:49 pm

Thank's for your advice Wallydog1
I have seen the Norfolk Wolf video's, and done a fair bit of reading on the machine, and agree with you on the settings.
I will do some testing as you suggest, and keep my sweep speed a little slower.
Thank's again.
Mike ::g

Return to “XP ADX150 / 250 / Adventis Forum”