xp adx150

Only for the discussion of the XP ADX150 / 250 / Adventis Metal Detectors.
spikey

xp adx150

Post by spikey » Fri Apr 29, 2016 3:11 pm

HI, i have just purchased a second hand xp adx150 and only use it for beach detecting wet/damp/dry sand. The machine is excellent for locating 2p, 1p and a few 5p but no pound or 50p pieces has anyone any ideas which settings I should be on on the beach with his detector ? all the field tests etc seem to be inland thanks spike devon

busterhamer

Re: xp adx150

Post by busterhamer » Fri Apr 29, 2016 3:52 pm

Hi Spikey

If your finding the 1 ps your not missing the 50p and £1 coins your most probably not walking over them, the Adx150 can be pretty unstable on the wet sand and i probably not the best machine for the beach, might be better investing in a machine more suited. good luck Rob ::g ::g

Machinist

Post by Machinist » Fri Apr 29, 2016 4:01 pm

Welcome to the Forum Spike ::g

Most beaches have probably been well detected over the winter and lack of good weather means that new losses are not going down yet. So all the larger value coins within detector range have probably already been found.

The coins you are digging are most likely modern steel cored coins that have been left behind due to others having used a higher discrimination on their machine than you have. Try a magnet on the coins you have found to see if this is so.

Ray
It's all the Headless Hunters fault !!

Member of South Yorkshire MDC

Biffo

Post by Biffo » Fri Apr 29, 2016 6:01 pm

Hi spikey, I've got an ADX myself, great machine though I haven't used it on the beach yet. To be fair, there isn't much to play with on the ADX - sensitivity and discrimination is all. Have the sensitivity up as high as you can before you start getting lots of false signals (can't tell you where on the dial, it will depend on your beach) and start on minimum discrimination and either dig everything, or tweak it up a bit if you keep getting steel bottle caps.

I'd be interested to hear how it fares on the wet sand :-/
Never a dull moment ;)

colinj70

Post by colinj70 » Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:08 pm

Also maybe bury a 50p and £ coin to see whether your settings are good. Just remember where you bury them just in case ;)
Deus, 11" coil, control box, ws4's.
Garrett pro pointer
Homemade S/S digger
Modified Bulldog spade
::g

Return to “XP ADX150 / 250 / Adventis Forum”