Adventis 2 settings

Only for the discussion of the XP ADX150 / 250 / Adventis Metal Detectors.
bleeper

Adventis 2 settings

Post by bleeper » Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:26 pm

Hi I'm waiting on the delivery of my new Adventis 2 can anybody tell me what settings people tend to use and what the flicking between d1 and d2 to check for iron is all about and do you need to adjust the descrim levels when doing it. Thanks

CS6 MXI
Nokta Fors Core
XP Adventis 2

beaubrummell

Re: Adventis 2 settings

Post by beaubrummell » Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:55 am

Hi
I had an XP ADX 250 which is an Adventis minus ground balance. A lot of people hunt in Disc 1 only turned up to the max (to reject iron nails only). Others hunt in Disc 2 set at about 12 O'clock but off course it's personal preference re how much you want to discriminate out. If you set Disc 1 on the max and Disc 2 on say 2pm you can hunt in Disc 1 and when you get what sounds like a good signal flick into Disc 2. If the signal is still good dig away.

Deep machines so good luck.
E-Trac
Detech Ultimate
SEF 8x6
Deteknix Wader Li Xpointer
Lesche Digging Tool
AMES entrenching tool
Souped-up Spear & Jackson mini spade
Chefphones CP2 Black
Tomcat Dakota boots
NCMD membership number 13566

beaubrummell

Post by beaubrummell » Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:00 am

Lordofthecoils is a member here and he uses an Adventis to great effect so drop him a private message and I'm sure he'll help you.

Cheers
E-Trac
Detech Ultimate
SEF 8x6
Lesche Digging Tool
AMES entrenching tool
Chefphones CP2 Black
Tomcat Dakota boots

Nailman

Post by Nailman » Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:15 am

I tend to run mine in D2 set aprox 9 o clock, ground balance either 1100 or 1 o clock depending on feed back.

I am sure other people will have their own preferences check out the Adventis section on this forum
Fisher F75 SE
Xp. Adventis 2
Chefphones CP3
Chefphones Cp2
Evoloution spade
Bad back
Experienced button digger

bleeper

Post by bleeper » Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:32 pm

Thanks everyone for your replies and advice it's much appreciated.
I finally got my new adventis today I've had a little go for an hour not much came up but was pleased with the depth I was finding at and had a very thin part of a button which I pleased to see given the frequency.
I think my self relatively experienced at metal detecting having had quite a few machines over the years but I am a little confused over this dual discrimination as it's the first time I've ever had it on any of my machines.
Can anyone tell me is the purpose of dual discrim to be able to check the signals by switching between d1 & d2 and does it matter which way round you do it as on the Norfolk wolf dvd he says d1 at 2 o'clock and switch to D2 at the lowest setting and one of the posts which I give thanks to says d1 on max and d2 at 2 o'clock to determin iron.
I might sound a bit stupid but honestly I'm usually quite quick a getting to grasp with new machines.
Any help and advice appreciated .
CS6 MXI
Nokta Fors Core
XP Adventis 2

beaubrummell

Post by beaubrummell » Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:57 am

I wouldn't argue with the legendary Norfolk Wolf !!

It depends on how much iron you're prepared to dig I guess. Set up a little test garden and bury some good stuff and rusty nails etc. You'll soon find settings that suit you best.
E-Trac
Detech Ultimate
SEF 8x6
Lesche Digging Tool
AMES entrenching tool
Chefphones CP2 Black
Tomcat Dakota boots

bleeper

Post by bleeper » Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:45 pm

beaubrummell wrote:I wouldn't argue with the legendary Norfolk Wolf !!

It depends on how much iron you're prepared to dig I guess. Set up a little test garden and bury some good stuff and rusty nails etc. You'll soon find settings that suit you best.
Thanks for your help beaubrummell I'm getting to grips with it I think just a matter of practicing and experimenting as you say. ::g B-)
CS6 MXI
Nokta Fors Core
XP Adventis 2

bleeper

Post by bleeper » Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:51 pm

Penny has dropped! called the people I had the detector from today and they explained how the discrimination worked on the adventis I don't know why I didn't think of it but he said simplythat d1 is 1 -10 and d2 is 11-20 discrimination. all makes sense now went out today had loads of really deep signals, well impressed ::g
CS6 MXI
Nokta Fors Core
XP Adventis 2

beaubrummell

Post by beaubrummell » Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:36 am

bleeper wrote:Penny has dropped! called the people I had the detector from today and they explained how the discrimination worked on the adventis I don't know why I didn't think of it but he said simplythat d1 is 1 -10 and d2 is 11-20 discrimination. all makes sense now went out today had loads of really deep signals, well impressed ::g
Good to hear and good luck.
E-Trac
Detech Ultimate
SEF 8x6
Lesche Digging Tool
AMES entrenching tool
Chefphones CP2 Black
Tomcat Dakota boots

Return to “XP ADX150 / 250 / Adventis Forum”