just bought second hand asdventis 2 first 70 hrs update

Only for the discussion of the XP ADX150 / 250 / Adventis Metal Detectors.
beaubrummell

Re: just bought second hand asdventis 2 first 35hrs update

Post by beaubrummell » Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:02 am

I assume it's a replacement Adventis 2 you have ordered and not an Adventis. They're both pretty deep machines by all accounts. I so nearly got one myself (and may yet do as I'm dying to have a go on one).

Look forward to seeing your finds.

E-Trac
Detech Ultimate
SEF 8x6
Deteknix Wader Li Xpointer
Lesche Digging Tool
AMES entrenching tool
Souped-up Spear & Jackson mini spade
Chefphones CP2 Black
Tomcat Dakota boots
NCMD membership number 13566

lordofthecoils

Post by lordofthecoils » Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:57 am

beaubrummell wrote:I assume it's a replacement Adventis 2 you have ordered and not an Adventis. They're both pretty deep machines by all accounts. I so nearly got one myself (and may yet do as I'm dying to have a go on one).

Look forward to seeing your finds.
its the adventis not the adventis 2 BB still they are practicl2y the same machine , sitting here now
waiting for delivery , funny but when I had the first one months ago ,its hard to explain but using it I felt like I had finally found my detector soul mate :)) , shame todays raining cant see them starting combining ,still ill try it out on my well done headlands ,cant wait go out today with it ::g lucky as there was no work today.....good luck BB .............ray ::g ::g ::g ::g ::g

beaubrummell

Post by beaubrummell » Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:14 pm

Have you seen eyediggit2's Youtube video where he finds that astounding Mark Antony 'Battle of Actium' coin? it was way down on pasture.

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

That video got me thinking about getting an Adventis. Eyediggit switched the T2 shortly after that. He said although the Adventis was deeper than the T2 the T2 found more hammered coins.

The Adventis looks pretty good on the small stuff to me. Wish I could afford 2 machines.
E-Trac
Detech Ultimate
SEF 8x6
Lesche Digging Tool
AMES entrenching tool
Chefphones CP2 Black
Tomcat Dakota boots

lordofthecoils

Post by lordofthecoils » Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:41 pm

great vid to watch BB , fantastic depth on the denarius , my detector arrived half a hour ago :)) , been playing in the garden trying cut quarters and round hammered farthings and pennys great depth and sensitivity as before ,cant wait to get to get out ,but have to go to the flo this evening so will have to wait till tomorrow . you was talking of cost I paid £295 and its in spanking condition .... ray ::g ::g ::g ::g ::g ::g

beaubrummell

Post by beaubrummell » Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:49 pm

lordofthecoils wrote:great vid to watch BB , fantastic depth on the denarius , my detector arrived half a hour ago :)) , been playing in the garden trying cut quarters and round hammered farthings and pennys great depth and sensitivity as before ,cant wait to get to get out ,but have to go to the flo this evening so will have to wait till tomorrow . you was talking of cost I paid £295 and its in spanking condition .... ray ::g ::g ::g ::g ::g ::g
Was it the one on the Staffs Metal detector page?
E-Trac
Detech Ultimate
SEF 8x6
Lesche Digging Tool
AMES entrenching tool
Chefphones CP2 Black
Tomcat Dakota boots

lordofthecoils

Post by lordofthecoils » Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:16 pm

beaubrummell wrote:
lordofthecoils wrote:great vid to watch BB , fantastic depth on the denarius , my detector arrived half a hour ago :)) , been playing in the garden trying cut quarters and round hammered farthings and pennys great depth and sensitivity as before ,cant wait to get to get out ,but have to go to the flo this evening so will have to wait till tomorrow . you was talking of cost I paid £295 and its in spanking condition .... ray ::g ::g ::g ::g ::g ::g
Was it the one on the Staffs Metal detector page?
no it was from mike longfields BB ..........ray ::g ::g ::g ::g

goldandnails

Post by goldandnails » Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:44 am

They are a cracking machine and hoover up milled coins at silly depths got a silver vicky 3 pence at 11 inch with mine now thats impressive, had hammered too they are very underated.

lordofthecoils

Post by lordofthecoils » Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:33 pm

goldandnails wrote:They are a cracking machine and hoover up milled coins at silly depths got a silver vicky 3 pence at 11 inch with mine now thats impressive, had hammered too they are very underated.
straight up GAD , pulled cut half and hammered penny last few outings ,and a silver half crown at a stupid depth .plus a myriad of goodies ,it just wants to find . the best the other day was a gold silver and diamond brooch will do a update tonight,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,ray ::g ::g ::g ::g ::g ::g ::g

lordofthecoils

Re: xp adventis further update 60hrs

Post by lordofthecoils » Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:59 pm

well after my first second hand adventis died I purchased another second hand adventis with the refund. probably clocked up 60hrs plus on these machines . found a 1943 halfcrown at a mad depth with a no nonsense digme signal . the pics show the cleaned coin .
anyway had a couple of hammered two battered celtic potins [Thurrock type ] a really nice his half penny 1666 Thomas field . a saxon strap end ,some tudor dress fasteners etc but the best find is a gold- silver and possibly diamond brooch , must have the stones looked at :D could be the real deal.
anyway ive used the multi freque machines and all types , but I love the simplicity and tones of this 4.6 kh machines. .........ray ::g ::g ::g ::g ::g ::g
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by lordofthecoils on Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pastseeker

Post by Pastseeker » Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:08 pm

Great finds Ray, I had its brother the ADX 250 a great machine but you need to take your time with these's machines as they run on a low frequency great on deep targets ::g

Jim [:)
XP DEUS
Put the coil to the soil
Dig a hole like a mole
And hope it's old or made of gold ::g

beaubrummell

Post by beaubrummell » Sat Sep 07, 2013 5:26 pm

lordofthecoils wrote:well after my first second hand adventis died I purchased another second hand adventis with the refund. probably clocked up 60hrs plus on these machines . found a 1943 halfcrown at a mad depth with a no nonsense digme signal . the pics show the cleaned coin .
anyway had a couple of hammered two battered celtic potins [Thurrock type ] a really nice his half penny 1666 Thomas field . a saxon strap end ,some tudor dress fasteners etc but the best find is a gold- silver and possibly diamond brooch , must have the stones looked at :D could be the real deal.
anyway ive used the multi freque machines and all types , but I love the simplicity and tones of this 4.6 kh machines. .........ray ::g ::g ::g ::g ::g ::g
Brilliant finds mate. I've got to get me one of those machines.
E-Trac
Detech Ultimate
SEF 8x6
Lesche Digging Tool
AMES entrenching tool
Chefphones CP2 Black
Tomcat Dakota boots

beaubrummell

Post by beaubrummell » Sat Sep 07, 2013 5:27 pm

lordofthecoils wrote:well after my first second hand adventis died I purchased another second hand adventis with the refund. probably clocked up 60hrs plus on these machines . found a 1943 halfcrown at a mad depth with a no nonsense digme signal . the pics show the cleaned coin .
Brilliant finds mate. I've got to get me one of those machines.
E-Trac
Detech Ultimate
SEF 8x6
Lesche Digging Tool
AMES entrenching tool
Chefphones CP2 Black
Tomcat Dakota boots

lordofthecoils

Re: just bought second hand asdventis 2 first 70 hrs update

Post by lordofthecoils » Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:47 pm

well tonight would like to update my adventures with the adventis . having about 70 hrs plus under the belt with this machine it really is becoming part of me ,you know it seems to only like old stuff I know it sounds untechnicasl but its the truth, . today I dug a pully wheel from a servents bell mechanism ,with a diameter of 65mm ,I dug it up fro what I would say easily 20 inches ,madness . today even though I couldn't manage any hammered .a cracking silver button and a really nice George 1ii sixpence was followed by a treasure find ,of a silver niello inlay saxon clothing tag .
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

tinsmith

Post by tinsmith » Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:11 pm

Do you still have your machine ? not seen any posts about it for abit ?
Ive been looking at the lower khz machines for finding silver as i was told that 3 khz is the best frequency
Just wonderd your opinion or any other users ::g

lord lovell

Post by lord lovell » Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:19 pm

cracking finds money well spent ::g

lordofthecoils

Post by lordofthecoils » Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:53 pm

tinsmith wrote:Do you still have your machine ? not seen any posts about it for abit ?
Ive been looking at the lower khz machines for finding silver as i was told that 3 khz is the best frequency
Just wonderd your opinion or any other users ::g
hi tinsmith, yes still got the adventis and use it as my main machine although i havent been out much lately, i think youll find as a rule of thumb the higher freq machines are best for the hammys and the lower freqs punch a lot deeper as i have found out myself . but as the norm you have to consider ground conditions , and i iron infested sites machines like the deus with a fast recovery speed would generaly give the best results . to be honest there are so many variants in detecting there is no one definate answer or best machine for all occasions. i like the xp adventis to a great degree because of its wieght as well . .........ray ::g ::g ::g ::g

BEEPEE

Post by BEEPEE » Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:07 pm

Interesting posts on the adventis, i,ve been considering getting a g.maxx2 to add to my collection. purely to use on deep pasture fields were i,ve had some cracking finds with higher frequency machines,i know the g.maxx 2 has tone i.d does the adventis ? .do they have the same depth capabilities,theres about £180 difference in price of these machines and i wont pay the hgher price just for ton i.d . but i will pay for the extra depth , any one had experience of using both machines, thanks in advance for any feed back.... :) :)

BEEPEE

Post by BEEPEE » Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:00 pm

BEEPEE wrote:Interesting posts on the adventis, i,ve been considering getting a g.maxx2 to add to my collection. purely to use on deep pasture fields were i,ve had some cracking finds with higher frequency machines,i know the g.maxx 2 has tone i.d does the adventis ? .do they have the same depth capabilities,theres about £180 difference in price of these machines and i wont pay the hgher price just for ton i.d . but i will pay for the extra depth , any one had experience of using both machines, thanks in advance for any feed back.... :) :)
BUMP.

Return to “XP ADX150 / 250 / Adventis Forum”