Power Bank Lead for XP WS1 Headphones

Only for the discussion of the XP ADX150 / 250 / Adventis Metal Detectors.
okodenga1

Power Bank Lead for XP WS1 Headphones

Post by okodenga1 » Sun May 05, 2019 7:37 pm

I recently bought a power bank as an emergency charger for my Deus coil, control box and WS5 headphones. It does a good job and I'm very pleased with it.

I also have an ADX 150 and would like to be able to use the power bank to charge my WS1 headphones. What sort of lead / adaptor should I buy in order to be able to do this? One end needs to have a normal USB connector. The other end needs to have the 'hollow jackplug' connector as fitted by XP to the WS1 charger?

Any help in getting a lead or telling me the proper name of the ' hollow jackplug' connector would be much appreciated.

okodenga1

Re: Power Bank Lead for XP WS1 Headphones

Post by okodenga1 » Thu May 09, 2019 8:37 pm

I have just contacted XP in France and they have advised me not to use a power bank to charge the WS1 headphones as it might damage them.

Bors

Post by Bors » Thu May 09, 2019 8:51 pm

I can`t really understand why not. When I used a Deus I had (and still have) my EasyAcc 20,000 mAh power bank and it never did any harm to my Deus Coils or Headphones, and I used it for a long time with no ill effects.
They probably say that so as you`ll only buy a Deus charger and lead, by suggesting it will threaten possible damage using anything different.

I think The lead you want you can buy from Regtons Birmingham.
But I`d ring Regtons and see if they can supply you with the lead you want. They will tell you if its safe to charge the WS1`s with a powerbank .

okodenga1

Post by okodenga1 » Thu May 09, 2019 9:36 pm

XP did say that its OK to charge the Deus coil, control box and headphones with a powerbank, to be fair. They only warned me off using the bank with the WS1 headphones.

Bors

Post by Bors » Thu May 09, 2019 11:01 pm

okodenga1 wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 9:36 pm
XP did say that its OK to charge the Deus coil, control box and headphones with a powerbank, to be fair. They only warned me off using the bank with the WS1 headphones.
I guess you`ll have to take their advice then. As I can`t see them recommending it's ok for the Deus but not for the WS1`s if it wasn`t for a good reason. Ah well, you can`t win erm all. ::g

bazzerhut

Post by bazzerhut » Fri May 10, 2019 2:17 am

okodenga1 wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 8:37 pm
I have just contacted XP in France and they have advised me not to use a power bank to charge the WS1 headphones as it might damage them.

Sounds like tosh to me. As long as the Vs and As are right, I can't imagine what risk there could possibly be, but hey ho.

Barry
Equinox 800 / XP Deus

"We have left undug those things which we ought to have dug; And we have dug those things which we ought not to have dug; And there is no wealth in us."

Bors

Post by Bors » Fri May 10, 2019 8:40 am

bazzerhut wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 2:17 am
okodenga1 wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 8:37 pm

Sounds like tosh to me. As long as the Vs and As are right, I can't imagine what risk there could possibly be, but hey ho.

Barry
Well, thats what I said a couple of posts away but the only thing that made me second think, was that XP said its OK to charge the Deus plus Deus h/phones with the Power bank, but not the WS1`s.
You would think if it was given the go-ahead by XP to charge the Deus up with a Powerbank XP would say the same about the WS1`s unless they saw a problem. Maybe its something in the Electrical gubbins that's not compatible. And would you want to then take the risk if it was your decision and risk knackering the WS1`s ?

bazzerhut

Post by bazzerhut » Fri May 10, 2019 10:46 am

Bors wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 8:40 am
Maybe its something in the Electrical gubbins that's not compatible. And would you want to then take the risk if it was your decision and risk knackering the WS1`s ?

Nope, hence my "hey ho".

Barry
Equinox 800 / XP Deus

"We have left undug those things which we ought to have dug; And we have dug those things which we ought not to have dug; And there is no wealth in us."

Return to “XP ADX150 / 250 / Adventis Forum”