Whites Classic IDX

Topics related to Whites metal detectors here, Off topic posts will be removed.
Whites Videos
salford44

Whites Classic IDX

Post by salford44 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:27 pm

I have been detecting over 15 years and over that time I have never owned a Whites metal detector,having had Viking,Minelab,Troy Shadow X3 ,XP Goldmax,T2,and Tesoros I got the chance of a 2nd hand Whites IDX on fleabay for a knockout price of £62 and collected it from a chap who was retiring from the hobby in Doncaster.I wanted to try it because of its low frequency of 6.59 khz compared with most of my machines which have been higher.I have had the machine about3-4 months now and cannot believe how simple to operate and highly effective this machine is.The iron discrimination is brilliant and running it in all metal and full sensitivity the IDX is a superb machine,great on small items and also finds the deep big copper pennies.If you get the chance to aquire one of these then grab it and you wont be disappointed,simple and effective no fiddling with complicated programmes,old fashioned detecting at its Best. ::g

FISHER 1236x2,FISHER 1270.

stillair1

Re: Whites Classic IDX

Post by stillair1 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:32 pm

Yep, turn on and go. ::g
Whites IDX, DFX
Garrett 400i
Nox 600
XPointer

Mega B

Post by Mega B » Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:40 pm

Yep,i also have a mint condition IDX Pro,one of Whites best analogue machines,just been out for a while on a local permission and it always puts a smile on my face.Once again its all about the audio on these analogue machines.

A very very underrated detector,even better with the manual GB and SAT added ;)

Roberts

Post by Roberts » Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:02 pm

I used the whites classic SL 14khz (no screen) for 10 yrs and found it very reliable, sturdy, solid sounds and excellent detecting all round. Was a bit heavy at 1.6 kg x;

Still very good machines even if the brand is not so popular as before.
Deus xp WS4, 11 inch coil, Nokta pinpointer, Solid spade

Return to “Whites Forum”