Dead ws4

Only for the discussion of the Deus Metal Detector.
ratty

Dead ws4

Post by ratty »

My Deus ear puck has died :( . I upgrade too 5.21 with no problems and it worked ok for two digs when i went to charge it no response, leads ok , but it won't turn on either. There was a problem previously with the auto shut down that was happening on some modules, the update was supposed to cure.
I contacted the retailer and no problem they will sort it, either a software issue or a duff battery.
THE WORST BIT I'M HAVING XMAS IN SUFFOLK WITH LOTS OF LAND TO DETECT AND IT'S GOING TO BE THE HEADPHONES PLUGGED INTO THE MAIN BOX... :-L
Sods law... :)) :)) :)) Quick pass me another G'NT

Oxgirl36

Re: Dead ws4

Post by Oxgirl36 »

Try another plug charger with the same leads, just in case it’s that. Really sorry though. Nothing worse than duff equipment when you’ve time to detect so you have my sympathy :(
Carpe vinum

XP Deus !!£$ I use the HOT programme on 17khz, reactivity at 2.5 on v5.21 with the X35 11” coil

PinkFloyd

Post by PinkFloyd »

Uninstall/Delete everything xp from your computer, reinstall the Xp software and go through the update process again
It’s important all previous installations are removed first

ratty

Post by ratty »

Thanks P.F. i will try before returning it.although as it wont turn on it might be difficult.
I'm puzzled as to why it updated fine (i followed the instructions) then was working normally
the more i think about it i would go for duff battery. :(

Oxgirl36

Post by Oxgirl36 »

ratty wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 8:34 am
Thanks P.F. i will try before returning it.although as it wont turn on it might be difficult.
I'm puzzled as to why it updated fine (i followed the instructions) then was working normally
the more i think about it i would go for duff battery. :(
If it is the battery they are very simple to change yourself. I have a spare new one if you want it?
Carpe vinum

XP Deus !!£$ I use the HOT programme on 17khz, reactivity at 2.5 on v5.21 with the X35 11” coil

Bors

Post by Bors »

Quote ratty,..." THE WORST BIT I'M HAVING XMAS IN SUFFOLK WITH LOTS OF LAND TO DETECT AND IT'S GOING TO BE THE HEADPHONES PLUGGED INTO THE MAIN BOX.."

Oh well, back to how it always used to be done. :D
Once upon a time there` wasn`t such a thing as Wireless headphones and would you believe it we HAD TO use wired headphones. So for you there`s no big deal in the tempory sense. Just do it the old fashioned way and you`ll still be able to detect .
Trouble is with today's generation especially, is they tend to get spoilt by high tech gear and when that fails they are like fish out of water,as in "Oh god a catastrophe`s occurred I`m going to have to use wired headphones ". :))
Although I do myself have wireless headphones,I much prefer to use my Black Widows most of the time if possible. Apart from the wire aspect ,I find they are much more accurate in sound reproduction with no signal bounce to worry about failing.
Wired are also good ! ::g
Beware of the Man who shoots with only One gun.

ratty

Post by ratty »

It's no problem really just a P.I.T.A.. I have returned to detecting after a 30 year break.
I started with an old Cscope,a field master, then a Whites Gold hunter battery eater.
I will use wired phones until i get it sorted, I did bring my Simplex with wireless as a backup and it will get an outing just to test it's capabilities as it's only been used a couple of hours on my local permission.
What really rubs is i have acres of prime undetected land to use over xmas and i have equipment failure. :)

f8met

Post by f8met »

I would take your waders. I was hoping to get some detecting done in Suffolk over Christmas but the amount of water is insane.
Dave
Deus, 9" and 11" black coil
2020 3 Hammered

ratty

Post by ratty »

I have just returned from Thetford too Mildenhall...(expletives deleted) I had trouble seeing driving at 45/50, muppets were going past me at what must have been over 80. It is stair rods, and the road is flooded.
The only detecting that will be possible will be on the pasture bits, the fen is a swamp and the clalky bits a soup. :)) :)) I particularly like the finds in the chalk nice and alkaline the coins don't corrode so badly.

Bors

Post by Bors »

I refuse to detect in wet weather nowadays . Well correction, my body refuses to accept detecting in wet weather because it lets me know by conking out every time when I used to, so now I got wise and don`t even bother attempting it.. :))
Beware of the Man who shoots with only One gun.

Bargeman

Post by Bargeman »

Bors wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 8:55 am

Quote ratty,..." THE WORST BIT I'M HAVING XMAS IN SUFFOLK ."

Yes it can be a bit odd ::g :D

BM [:)

Equinox 800
Rutus Alter 71

ratty

Post by ratty »

Bargeman wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 7:14 pm
Bors wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 8:55 am

Quote ratty,..." THE WORST BIT I'M HAVING XMAS IN SUFFOLK ."

Yes it can be a bit odd ::g :D

BM [:)
L.O.L.. Fortunately i originate from Suffolk, I know i'm not from Norfolk as i only have four fingers and one thumb per hand. I also married out of the family. =)) =))

Return to “XP DEUS Forum”