11inch X-35 having switching/pairing issues.

Only for the discussion of the Deus Metal Detector.
AnalogueSkywalker

11inch X-35 having switching/pairing issues.

Post by AnalogueSkywalker »

Bought my Deus Lite and MI6 pin-pointer almost a year ago. The MI6 has worked flawlessly for all of that time with my 9inch X-35 coil, which incidentally came with the machine. I bought an 11inch X-35 last week, and have been having some issues with it: when i switch off my MI6 after digging a target, sometimes the 11 inch coil takes a lot longer to come back online, and can be a bit erratic too. My stock coil, without fail, comes back online in less than five seconds after i switch the MI6 off. The new 11 inch coil will work as it should sometimes, but about a third of the time will either take a fair bit longer to come back online, or, it will come back online promptly, but sound extremely crackle-y and broken when even a good target (non ferrous) is waved across the search field, it will then go offline for about 20 seconds before coming back on again and working as normal.

Anyone else had similar issues? Its not life and death, but its a bit annoying.

Any help or guidance much appreciated. I am running 5:2:1, and as mentioned have a Deus Lite. I thought the latest software update had sorted out these issues.

Funny that the 9inch works so flawlessly, but the 11inch is a bit hit/miss

mrcheeky

Re: 11inch X-35 having switching/pairing issues.

Post by mrcheeky »

Hiya mate ive had exactly the same problem only thing i found that works for me is to delete the pointer from the coil. a lot of people have said it was down to the 5.21 software and suggested i reinstalled it. im on the deus lite so couldnt .so i have settled for the option above .if you did find out what it was can you let me know please Thank You
South London Metal Detector

Oxgirl36

Post by Oxgirl36 »

Ok are you using v 5.21 or v5.21b? It might be worth re-installing the software across all the hardware you have if you aren’t sure.

But before you do that a repairing of the pin-pointer is the easiest first step. Don’t forget the brains of the Deus is in the coils, not the controller or the headphones. So try re-pairing first (as already correctly suggested by mrcheeky) then try a hardware re-set if that doesn’t work.

Good luck ::g
Carpe vinum

XP Deus !!£$ I use the HOT programme on 17khz, reactivity at 2.5 on v5.21 with the X35 11” coil

AnalogueSkywalker

Right, firstly... after having my 11inch X-35 coil a few months, the problems i have listed above don’t happen about a third of the time. During a day’s detecting i might experience 3-4 noticeable glitches. Usually this is just a slower coil reconnect time after i have switched the Mi6 off. On very odd occasions it can mean i will switch the Mi6 on, the LED light will come on, but neither Mi6 nor coil will be live. Once in a while i will turn my Mi6 on and get a weird, unusual bleeping through my WS4’s, very clearly a malfunction. This last issue has happened on about 3-4 occasions in the last four months.

The shop where i bought the coil acknowledged the issue i was experiencing, but were saying they had checked it and it was ok.... One of the sales team even suggested i go back to using a carrot, or other non bluetooth pin-pointer. Very helpful when you have paid £150 for an Mi6. The impression i was given was that these issues are known by the retailer. I visited the shop 3 times, and tbh just felt that they were happy to keep checking the coil, but were only going to keep telling me it was fine, despite them acknowledging the issues, which i demonstrated.

I ended up going elsewhere and spoke to someone extremely well placed to give me advice on XP stuff, he told me that XP coils tend to be different, some connect and reconnect promptly, some can take longer, some can take as long as 40 secs or more. This guy opined to me that the XP coils are something of a work in progress, and that maybe over time these issues would be ironed out. He also firmly stated that he was aware that some people were experiencing irregularities etc.

I decided to live with my coil, the glitches are not numerous enough to really spoil my day, and i was getting fed up of the long drive back to the retailer, only to be fobbed off. I just felt like i was wasting my time, it was a clear case of the retailer ‘going through the motions’ as it were.

My fix for the lag issue: i switch my Mi6 off before i have filled in my hole, to give it plenty of time to do its thing... lol

Oxgirl36

Post by Oxgirl36 »

It sounds like a faulty coil.

Under consumer law faulty goods must be repaired or replaced. Demand a replacement or threaten them with court. The coil you previously had worked flawlessly, so should this one.
Carpe vinum

XP Deus !!£$ I use the HOT programme on 17khz, reactivity at 2.5 on v5.21 with the X35 11” coil

PinkFloyd

Re: 11inch X-35 having switching/pairing issu

Post by PinkFloyd »

Do you have a friend with a deus ? Ask them to pair the coil and mi-6 with their remote and see how it behaves

I’d not be satisfied if anything wasn’t bang on .

I’m knelt at the hole, turn the mi-6 off and the coil is back on before I’ve stood up .
This is how yours should be . 2-3 seconds max

Go back to the shop and ask them to update everything back to 5.1, check everything is on 5.1...then ask them to update everything again to the latest 5.21 ..If anything isnt perfect you want a new item

AnalogueSkywalker

I was hoping this post would attract more replies, it would of been nice to get a better idea of how many people have had similar issues.

My 11inch X-35 coil exhibited this issue on version 5:2, i then updated to version 5:2:1 and the issues are exactly the same.

If i do demand a new coil, i just hope that it doesn’t turn out to be worse than the one i have. I have heard about coils that can take 40 secs or more to reconnect...

Just took my coil outside for a test run. I must of switched the Mi6 on and off about thirty times, the coil lagged or glitched 5-6 times.

I will return it to Regton’s, who are the distributor.

PinkFloyd

Post by PinkFloyd »

Think you need to demand another coil, even just to try .
Take yours and leave it, take theirs and try it ... even if it means leaving a deposit
Your not going to know anything unless you try other parts

Or get your money back, I forget the actual time you legally have right of return , but it’s certainly longer than you’ve owned it .

Oxgirl36

Post by Oxgirl36 »

AnalogueSkywalker wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:15 pm
I was hoping this post would attract more replies, it would of been nice to get a better idea of how many people have had similar issues.

My 11inch X-35 coil exhibited this issue on version 5:2, i then updated to version 5:2:1 and the issues are exactly the same.

If i do demand a new coil, i just hope that it doesn’t turn out to be worse than the one i have. I have heard about coils that can take 40 secs or more to reconnect...

Just took my coil outside for a test run. I must of switched the Mi6 on and off about thirty times, the coil lagged or glitched 5-6 times.

I will return it to Regton’s, who are the distributor.
This problem is now incredibly rare and I think the few responses are an indication of that. If you’ve lost confidence in your detector then it might be better to consider selling it? It’s a popular and well built detector with few problems but it sounds like you are now expecting it not to work so maybe it might be worth deciding if you want to continue with it. This sounds like a faulty coil so give Regtons a chance then decide?
Carpe vinum

AnalogueSkywalker

Re losing faith in my Deus... not a bit of it. I love my Deus. I bought a second coil so that if i ever had to get one repaired, i would have a spare and could keep on trucking. Its slightly ironic that the new coil is the one that has not worked properly, but that’s just one of those things.

Called Regton’s, i am sending my coil in for them to evaluate, they might even send it back to the XP factory for diagnostics to be run on it. Will mail it to them asap.

To be honest, i have gelled so well with the Deus that i am considering buying another puck and shaft, so i can have two complete machines so that i have redundancy if i break or damage something. I bought the Deus as an experiment, not being convinced i would like it or get on with it. Now i am a dyed in the wool convert, i love the hot program in particular, and the ability to tweak my machine to reflect the conditions.

The other thing i enjoy about the Deus, apart from its ergonomics and performance, is the opportunity to chat with other users and shoot the shit about settings and tweaks. Being such a popular machine, there is always plenty of scope for a spot of Deus related chin wagging.

PinkFloyd

Post by PinkFloyd »

It’s important to keep the discrimination at zero, going into minus is pointless and once you add +discrimination depth is compromised.
You have to use breaks to get the best out the deus not discrimination ::g

Return to “XP DEUS Forum”