3 freq Nel Hunter Coil for the Minelab X-terra 705

Only for the discussion of the Minelab X-TERRA range of metal detectors within this forum.
slimpickens

3 freq Nel Hunter Coil for the Minelab X-terra 705

Post by slimpickens » Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:07 pm

First ?? ... Would like to hear from Our Forum Family in regards to the 3 freq. Nel Hunter Coil for the Minelab X-terra. My understanding is that you can select either of the individual single 3 frequencies that conforms to the x-terra 705.

Interesting .... Was hoping that I could get some Owners & Users hands on evaluation of this coil. If I am out of line here with this thread you can just tell me where to go? Thank you very much for taking the time to read & hopefully respond with some information. Feel Free to PM!

sweepstick47

Re: 3 freq Nel Hunter Coil for the Minelab X-terra 705

Post by sweepstick47 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:16 am

Hello 'slimpickens', No worries, your post is fine. ::g Personally, I've got no experience of the combination posed but hopefully, you'll get a positive reply before too long.::g Regards ss47
A disservice is no service at all.

slimpickens

Post by slimpickens » Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:53 am

sweepstick47 wrote:
Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:16 am
Hello 'slimpickens', No worries, your post is fine. ::g Personally, I've got no experience of the combination posed but hopefully, you'll get a positive reply before too long.::g Regards ss47
Thanks for the confirmation. I see what may turn up as it probably is not all that popular & user familiar coil concept. SP

indie

Post by indie » Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:15 pm

Somehow missed this one. Selecting the different frequencies takes about 5 seconds at worst. I have the Cors coil which is exactly the same thing. I operate all three frequencies depending on the soil condition.

Over the years there has been a bit of speculation on whether newer xterra's will accept these switchable frequency type coils, but I haven't actually heard from someone saying that theirs hadn't worked.

On a small enough patch of ground the larger coils with this switchable frequency has proved itself invaluable
Chris

Minelab Xterra 705
7.5Khz DD, Nel Sharpshooter 18.75Khz, Cors 12"x13" 3Khz - 18.75Khz
Garrett Carrott, Garmin GpsMap 60, Minelab Pro Swing, ada long spade

slimpickens

Post by slimpickens » Fri Apr 06, 2018 6:51 am

indie wrote:
Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:15 pm
Somehow missed this one. Selecting the different frequencies takes about 5 seconds at worst. I have the Cors coil which is exactly the same thing. I operate all three frequencies depending on the soil condition.

Over the years there has been a bit of speculation on whether newer xterra's will accept these switchable frequency type coils, but I haven't actually heard from someone saying that theirs hadn't worked.

On a small enough patch of ground the larger coils with this switchable frequency has proved itself invaluable
That's pretty interesting as I'm not all familiar, as yet with the different mf coil manufacturers that make a switchable frequency for the x-terra. Now I know of two ( nel ) & ( cors ). They're may be others I haven't heard of? But thanks for the update! That helps!

Return to “Minelab X-TERRA Forum”